Matt Godden (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

If we stay up do we need to offload Godden this injury he's carrying seems to be recurring all too often to be taking the chance for our best striker to be missing half a season or longer

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I think so keep walker possible Biamou but if we can pick up a nice fee for Godden to reinvest I would be all for it

higgs

I think so keep walker possible Biamou but if we can pick up a nice fee for Godden to reinvest I would be all for it
I think that would be the sensible thing to do its a big risk with your star striker missing a lot of games

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If we stay up do we need to offload Godden this injury he's carrying seems to be recurring all too often to be taking the chance for our best striker to be missing half a season or longer

It's maybe something that could be looked at, but as always depends on other people willing to take the risk on someone with his injury record and if we could bring in someone of a similar calibre with the fee/wages.

Gut feeling is we probably could, but there always a risk with the unknown quantity. Sometimes good players just don't work out at certain clubs while others just fit perfectly.

As for who that would be, I don't know.

Just looking at the links from this season, James Collins is a known force but is now over 30 and would want decent wages, Hoffmann would be a gamble coming from Bundesliga 2 and may be more difficult to bring in post-Brexit, Forss is largely a sub at Brentford and I've no idea what wages he's on, and Shankland is hardly ripping up the SPL.

higgs

It's maybe something that could be looked at, but as always depends on other people willing to take the risk on someone with his injury record and if we could bring in someone of a similar calibre with the fee/wages.

Gut feeling is we probably could, but there always a risk with the unknown quantity. Sometimes good players just don't work out at certain clubs while others just fit perfectly.

As for who that would be, I don't know.

Just looking at the links from this season, James Collins is a known force but is now over 30 and would want decent wages, Hoffmann would be a gamble coming from Bundesliga 2 and may be more difficult to bring in post-Brexit, Forss is largely a sub at Brentford and I've no idea what wages he's on, and Shankland is hardly ripping up the SPL.
James Collins would be a good signing on a free we should make contact with him

LilleSkyBlue

Quirky...

Samba Sow on Godden
Brice Samba on Walker

Add that to the 6pts we've gifted them & they're fast becoming our bogey team.
Did we run over a black cat on the way to the City Ground?

They've been our bogey team since I can remember (about 1986)

SBAndy

If the budget allows, I’d like him to stay but we also need another striker in. 2 of him, Walker and a new striker battling it out with Biamou as a squad reserve is the way to go in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread