Matt Godden (1 Viewer)

pipkin73

I have a Jeep Wrangler TJ Sport brought it about 12 years ago for 5k. Before Covid they were selling upwards of 12k even as scrap 4-5k. During the lockdown I could not sell it, I even offered 4k just to cover bills. It don't matter what you ask for, it's only worth what someone will pay. Hoping now we are slowly getting back on our feet I don't have to sell as over time will only be worth more. I've spent over 4k on reparing engine, cooling system etc so would like that back, but if 2nd wave destroys tourism etc I might have to sell for a low a 2k. No new 2nd wave, prices go back up and worth maybe 10k-12 short term. Classic will always be a classic and worth money. The Talbot cars had great engines for the time, just rusted at they were not gaalvanised panels.

fernandopartridge

I have a Jeep Wrangler TJ Sport brought it about 12 years ago for 5k. Before Covid they were selling upwards of 12k even as scrap 4-5k. During the lockdown I could not sell it, I even offered 4k just to cover bills. It don't matter what you ask for, it's only worth what someone will pay. Hoping now we are slowly getting back on our feet I don't have to sell as over time will only be worth more. I've spent over 4k on reparing engine, cooling system etc so would like that back, but if 2nd wave destroys tourism etc I might have to sell for a low a 2k. No new 2nd wave, prices go back up and worth maybe 10k-12 short term. Classic will always be a classic and worth money. The Talbot cars had great engines for the time, just rusted at they were not gaalvanised panels.
Do cars hold their value so much due to the import costs of a new one?

Nick

Administrator
lotus_carlton_57.jpg

I tried to race one once thinking it was a shitty Vauxhall. Got absolutely thraped.

Grendel

Brian Roberts in his autobiography says how he won a Talbot Solara for being player of the year. Thing is, just a couple of weeks later they handed them out to all the other players... just a higher spec. He wasn't given one as he'd already got his. So the player of the year was rewarded with the lowest spec Solara.

It must have been a bad season if he was player of the year

DannyThomas_1981

I remember Ian Wallace had a brown/bronze MGB GT Sponsored by Parkfield.

Ian Wallace drove by us on the Foleshill Rd in a sponsored car in the late 70s - as a young kid who idolised Wallace it made my day/week/month.

Sign of the times as well. Pretty certain that I will never see an elite Premiership footballer on the Foleshill Road again!

skybluesam66

Ian Wallace drove by us on the Foleshill Rd in a sponsored car in the late 70s - as a young kid who idolised Wallace it made my day/week/month.

Sign of the times as well. Pretty certain that I will never see an elite Premiership footballer on the Foleshill Road again!
to be fair, was in Nandos at the same time as Maddison at Walsgrave earlier in the year

pipkin73

Do cars hold their value so much due to the import costs of a new one?
Yeah, secondhand cars out here hold their price and even old bangers can sell for 800€ or more. With mine it sells all over the world for top price now as it's seen as a classic. I only have the 2.5l if you have the 4l you could get an extra couple of thousand as they are very hard to get hold off.

Users who are viewing this thread