Maths (1 Viewer)

Greggs

2 points from a possible 18. Whoever says it's not relegation material needs their head looking at. Transition season blah blah blah. It's what happens when you sign league 1 standard players, play them out of position and scrap all of your plans a quarter into the season.
We look clueless, toothless and very very average. Certainly not got a bottom 3 budget either! I smell more financial troubles around the corner. What a mess.

stevefloyd

2 points from a possible 18. Whoever says it's not relegation material needs their head looking at. Transition season blah blah blah. It's what happens when you sign league 1 standard players, play them out of position and scrap all of your plans a quarter into the season.
We look clueless, toothless and very very average. Certainly not got a bottom 3 budget either! I smell more financial troubles around the corner. What a mess.
You got a new bird now then, wheres the owl...ducks away

BlueSkiesForever

We’ve been absolutely dog shit at times but I think the move to 4-3-3 is a good one and it looked more positive than the games against West Brom, Bristol, Norwich, Cardiff, Shuddersfield and Rotherham. I hope we’ve turned a corner with Robins having the balls to move away from his weird back 5 formation that clearly wasn’t working. Formation isn’t everything but I think it shows that Robins is at least trying everything to get us out of this mess.

To me it feels like a transition season that’s gone wrong somewhere along the line and now we’re trying to pick up the pieces as we go. If we don’t start picking up points over the next 5 games though then I think we’re in for a proper relegation scrap, as after changing to a 4-3-3 what have we got left to change? If it’s still not working then I agree, we could be up shit creek without a paddle.

Matt smith

Bang as always

this team is pretty shit, robins hasn’t a clue at the moment, doesn’t know his best team or best formation

some of the signings are very poor

Finishing fourth bottom is key

Last edited:

mmttww

Awkward Jay Z GIF by Complex

Otis

We'll be fine. Chill your bones.😎

Or should that be beans? 🤔

Just Googled it. Definitely "beans."

Otis

One who has never succeeded at this level or above?
Yet.

He has always worked with tight budgets and over overachieved until now.

I think this is he first season that we have probably expected more from him.

I believe that will come, because he HAS been such a brilliant manager here.

I was expecting us to do much better this season than we have for sure. It's been disappointing. I can't believe these are all poor players though.

Hard to pinpoint what it is, but it seems like it's a mix of mismatched players and systems, players who have not adjusted or settled, players who have lacked confidence and obviously the loss of Hamer and Gyokeres.

I would say let's see where we are at Christmas. If we continue to stay on a terrible run and keep losing, then it would be right and proper to look at Robins' position, but I think after all he has done for us, he has a lot in the bank and we need to give him as much chance as possible to turn it round.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Harry H

Midfield (lost Hamer)
but.....just as importantly

Sheaf missing injured
O'Hare missing injured
Palmer missing injured
Kelly missing injured
Allen missing injured

The above are all recovering, getting back to fitness.
Anybody surprised with the above impacting our form ??
A functioning midfield will improve our defence and attack.
The above is not MR's fault.

Otis

Midfield (lost Hamer)
but.....just as importantly

Sheaf missing injured
O'Hare missing injured
Palmer missing injured
Kelly missing injured
Allen missing injured

The above are all recovering, getting back to fitness.
Anybody surprised with the above impacting our form ??
A functioning midfield will improve our defence and attack.
The above is not MR's fault.
Well, yup. Missed that from my thoughts for a moment.

Allen was missing and then when he came back, he hasn't seemed quite as sharp as usual.

O'Hare is clearly well short of the level he needs to get back too and Sheaf has struggled since he can back in too

I think it's been a needs must situation and players have had to play and be picked because we have been so short.

Greggs

Who robins and team signed

Hilarious on here. Robins is terrible. His signings are terrible. Apart from last year. But that was a fluke cause of gyokeres and Hamer. Who he signed…..Yeh but….
Robins is a lower half Championship manager at best, i expect the odd fluke like last season, but over 20 years it's his best ever finish. Back to normal now he has lost 2 of our greatest ever players, who he couldn't get promoted with....

Sky Blue Harry H

Robins is a lower half Championship manager at best, i expect the odd fluke like last season, but over 20 years it's his best ever finish. Back to normal now he has lost 2 of our greatest ever players, who he couldn't get promoted with....

You say 20, but it's 16, and the last 6 and a bit years have been a constant upwards progression with us.

Greggs

You say 20, but it's 16, and the last 6 and a bit years have been a constant upwards progression with us.
16 year managerial career - never spent more than 3 or 4 million pre season, bizarre that he was trusted with such a massive amount of money.

skybluecam

16 year managerial career - never spent more than 3 or 4 million pre season, bizarre that he was trusted with such a massive amount of money.
It's bizarre that we backed the manager who got us to the playoff final on one of the smaller budgets in the league?

Greggs

It's bizarre that we backed the manager who got us to the playoff final on one of the smaller budgets in the league?
I doubt many other multi-million pound businesses would allow someone with little experience near that much money. Failing ones perhaps, but not many successful ones.

He's probably got a net spend of 20 million over his 17 year managerial career - yet him and his recruitment team, from St Albans, were allowed to spend that in one go. Its bizarre.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I doubt many other multi-million pound businesses would allow someone with little experience near that much money. Failing ones perhaps, but not many successful ones.

He's probably got a net spend of 20 million over his 17 year managerial career - yet him and his recruitment team, from St Albans, were allowed to spend that in one go. Its bizarre.
Do you not think a multi-million pound business who had a manager that had performed well with lower resources wouldn't risk giving them extra resources and responsibility? Would they just say "Well done, but now there's more money involved and you've never handled that much so sling your hook so we can bring someone else in who has who clearly did a great job seeing as they're currently out of employment."

BlueSkiesForever

Whilst I do agree with some of your points Greggs, like the fact Robins’ managerial career has few highlights in it and he’s never before been anywhere near the sort of money we spent this year, I do think it would have been odd to take out the manager who got us to one kick away from the premier league. Over the past 5 season it’s been a steady rise year on year with Robins and so I think Doug saw no reason to ditch Robins, especially as all of the players and coaching staff know his style and how he wants everything to work.

I personally just don’t think we spent enough in the transfer window, or spent it wisely at the least, we sold £35 million worth of players and bought £20 million worth. It terms of quality on a monetary basis we’re down on the deal. We should have bought a quality midfielder (or a decent one at least) and thrown some serious money in almost every position rather than relying on free agents and cheap signings (they’ve been good but not electric). The one thing I do blame Robins for though is not being quick enough to change it up, whether it’s late subs or formations or players, I’ve been calling for 4 at the back on here for around 2 months now and only now have we gone for it. Robins seems reluctant to try new ideas when it’s clear the old style doesn’t work.

I think we should give him until at least January/February, see who we sign and if it’s still not working after 5-7 games or so of the new players bedding in then, yeah, I think maybe Robins would have to go, but certainly no sooner than that in my view.

Legia Sky Blue

Whilst I do agree with some of your points Greggs, like the fact Robins’ managerial career has few highlights in it and he’s never before been anywhere near the sort of money we spent this year, I do think it would have been odd to take out the manager who got us to one kick away from the premier league. Over the past 5 season it’s been a steady rise year on year with Robins and so I think Doug saw no reason to ditch Robins, especially as all of the players and coaching staff know his style and how he wants everything to work.

I personally just don’t think we spent enough in the transfer window, or spent it wisely at the least, we sold £35 million worth of players and bought £20 million worth. It terms of quality on a monetary basis we’re down on the deal. We should have bought a quality midfielder (or a decent one at least) and thrown some serious money in almost every position rather than relying on free agents and cheap signings (they’ve been good but not electric). The one thing I do blame Robins for though is not being quick enough to change it up, whether it’s late subs or formations or players, I’ve been calling for 4 at the back on here for around 2 months now and only now have we gone for it. Robins seems reluctant to try new ideas when it’s clear the old style doesn’t work.

I think we should give him until at least January/February, see who we sign and if it’s still not working after 5-7 games or so of the new players bedding in then, yeah, I think maybe Robins would have to go, but certainly no sooner than that in my view.

The club have really missed out these last few years when they could have employed a foresighted manager like yourself instead!

Users who are viewing this thread