Matchday parking (1 Viewer)

OffenhamSkyBlue

Just a quick one, anyone know if Blackburn Road (off Longford Road opposite the park) still available for parking on matchdays, or has it been subsumed into the exclusion zone?

OffenhamSkyBlue

I started using it (the parking, not the word!) ages ago when you could cut through the building site at the top end (which was used as a matchday car park by the entrepreneurial landowner - but you could walk through for 50p) onto the canal towpath and up to the bridge near those flats then over the railway. Now you have to cut across Sowe Common (i think) to the canal bridge. Just asking for a friend (i get the bus now).

skybluesam66

I really hope you dont mean Sowe Common
data=7vu3kLfLqGhlHQExf8Yq1JK95qpwNTjkNe8V7UB6ytlntNXKlLH33DdBZa4MSoVM5bdKm_qU5e2_KjpqN5dnAG66R0i7cV8HYuOIiXbZmFJXZHstkOZ-z0AUWmgVfpKgrt0Dd6Fbt7sOjT7rC1RDrijnI75aXb5kn7Y,GdOlH4VeH1rfY-HJlBIX6GZRdBmGLFXEytJRYwqpfseINlqbYISzelDSHJ6H-6hH0rD9oF2tJx8vcbq2mpUbd-67VUWEW9fPlLvXpI-5KTdA2pT4WgYYuzA0ZI0H7CvhYpDm7bdicWCJ6TqCtkm3eMta77u7jJPwZRAXRqcFhjLhJIOcdgDMPXDUhMI5ACjrEMEM6eM6SHlE6qaQBxepMtrcpuNP1tUks68EFVIBeWAm9jezCdXdwFRUL47wPuz9K6jQPSaJKnzohRG9_veWn2NDKNiRjPmQw7pvcLwBOwHf4wSRZfwuPYOchTaXgsBjpwWdgtpyIs5roM-AAwOOeUfX6R9jnm1pE_FeNEk-SGc

OffenhamSkyBlue

Whatever that patch of common is called between longford road and the canal, then - Sowe Valley Way??? Something like that !

Irish Sky Blue

I started using it (the parking, not the word!) ages ago when you could cut through the building site at the top end (which was used as a matchday car park by the entrepreneurial landowner - but you could walk through for 50p) onto the canal towpath and up to the bridge near those flats then over the railway. Now you have to cut across Sowe Common (i think) to the canal bridge. Just asking for a friend (i get the bus now).
I have parked there for the past two seasons. The path through the park can be really muddy so on most occasions it’s a walk up Longford Road then back through Tesco. Through the park, when not muddy is less than ten minutes. The other way is a fifteen minute walk. Either way is okay.

fernandopartridge

Yeah it's a bit of a hoof to walk there because it is indirect, you can walk across that bit of green but it's quite boggy this time of year. I walked round via Tesco last time.

Exit Stage Left

It's only when you start driving to away games and have to park your car at other grounds do you realise how easy other fans have it.

speedie87

It's only when you start driving to away games and have to park your car at other grounds do you realise how easy other fans have it.

I think the opposite as parking in car park c I basically get back to the car and drive straight off and away from the area. Yes it costs a lot but it’s worth it not to sit in traffic

Users who are viewing this thread