Matchday feedback text in (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

We want to come to the Ricoh Arena for a Coventry City game and feel perfectly safe, enjoying your surroundings and supporting the Sky Blues loud and proud!

Coventry City Football Club have launched a new service for fans to report any safety issues they experience on a matchday.

The new service can be accessed by any fans in the stadium, simply through anonymously texting a designated number on their mobile phone.

These messages will then be picked up directly by the Sky Blues matchday safety team to look into your problem on your behalf.

The process for this is:

Text - 07510327887

Start your message with: 1 for drinking of alcohol, 2 for foul/abusive language, 3 for smoking, 4 for racism, 5 for aggressive behaviour ,

Then put in your seating location.

For example:
1 Block 20 Row G.
3 Block 15 Row NN

The reporting phone number will be shown in the matchday programme and on the big screen at the Ricoh Arena.

For wider feedback about the matchday experience at the Ricoh Arena, Sky Blues fans can e-mail [email protected].

Oh for fucks sake, make home games exciting on the pitch we wouldn't have as many issues.

hill83

The old school hardnuts will not be happy with this.

"Fackin grasses" etc

PVA

Can I report someone for shouting 'GET IT FORWARD!!' every time a pass is exchanged between our defence, only for them to moan about us losing possession when the ball is lumped forward to 5 foot tall Maddison?

jimmyhillsfanclub

1 for drinking of alcohol, 2 for foul/abusive language, 3 for smoking, 4 for racism, 5 for aggressive behaviour

There was a time back in the early 80s when that was more of a "to-do list" for a large section of supporters.....

SkyBlueZack

Brilliant idea! All the above reasons for texting in could put some people off. Primarily families. People scream out for the club to be part of the community once more. This in my opinion is one of many steps to achieve that. Well done CCFC!

armybike

I think it's a great idea. Have I officially become a SISU lover

jimmyhillsfanclub

Surely this has got the potential for 10 mins fun & distraction during a boring match.....

"Security Steward battleships"......all you need is an arena seating plan & an anonymous pay as you go SIM Card.......

Captain Dart

Send in 20 fight reports* on untraceable burners and watch the police stream out of the tunnel.

* Not really, don't do that! Or to put it another way, this could be abused by irresponsible persons.

wince

We want to come to the Ricoh Arena for a Coventry City game and feel perfectly safe, enjoying your surroundings and supporting the Sky Blues loud and proud!

Coventry City Football Club have launched a new service for fans to report any safety issues they experience on a matchday.

The new service can be accessed by any fans in the stadium, simply through anonymously texting a designated number on their mobile phone.

These messages will then be picked up directly by the Sky Blues matchday safety team to look into your problem on your behalf.

The process for this is:

Text - 07510327887

Start your message with: 1 for drinking of alcohol, 2 for foul/abusive language, 3 for smoking, 4 for racism, 5 for aggressive behaviour ,

Then put in your seating location.

For example:
1 Block 20 Row G.
3 Block 15 Row NN

The reporting phone number will be shown in the matchday programme and on the big screen at the Ricoh Arena.

For wider feedback about the matchday experience at the Ricoh Arena, Sky Blues fans can e-mail [email protected].
Only Coventry City could come up with a plan to get supporters out of the ground before they get them in it , it must be the hardest ground to get a ticket on a match day (hope we don't play on parents evening as the ticket office will be closed) , there is only one reason for this, and that is to save on stewarding, its another civil war about to break out between fan on fan under sisu , its very sad that people want more division , ( guess what 10000 people see the game 10000 different ways ) I think some would like a private audience , well don't worry , that might be nearer than you think

ajsccfc

That's the maddest conspiracy theory I've ever seen placed on a 'text a steward' number being set up.

armybike

If people are being bellends it can make people feel uneasy, but they wouldn't want to get directly involved or be seen to pointing the situation to a steward.

Therefore this option is in place for people to highlight their concerns.

There's no suggest that a text will result in automatic ejection.

wince

do you think that the crowds under sisu went down from 20000 to 1600 at Northampton , was because of people drinking , or bad language ect, , this is another non issue that when we are sellings out needs to be deatl with,at this time its just a smoke screen

ajsccfc

Nobody thinks that, and nobody's saying that. This is just a system to alert stewards to certain behaviour and is pretty standard all over the place. SISU aren't inventing these things.

lifeskyblue

Knowing my luck I will be writing the text at the exact moment we score our only goal of the first three home games and all because the guy behind me said "boo"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wince

If people are being bellends it can make people feel uneasy, but they wouldn't want to get directly involved or be seen to pointing the situation to a steward.

Therefore this option is in place for people to highlight their concerns.

There's no suggest that a text will result in automatic ejection
I think that's the point , someone texting(anyone) , and near by stewards turn up , you have the situation you just described, this is a problem in every ground we just don't need division and suspicion at this time , what is acceptable for one fan , is not for another , I by the way rarely leave my seat even when we score , so im not one of the target audience but people near me could for be , like I say this is not needed at this time

ajsccfc

If they don't see a problem, they do nothing. It won't be a horde swarming on the area at the first chirp of a text.

armybike

I think that's the point , someone texting(anyone) , and near by stewards turn up , you have the situation you just described, this is a problem in every ground we just don't need division and suspicion at this time , what is acceptable for one fan , is not for another , I by the way rarely leave my seat even when we score , so im not one of the target audience but people near me could for be , like I say this is not needed at this time

So you think drinking of alcohol, foul/abusive language, smoking, racism and aggressive behaviour should be accepted by people who have paid to attend games?

Fans should just put up and shut up based on the fact someone thinks they're Johnny Big Bollocks for using such behaviour?

chiefdave

That's what I thought at first, which would be a good idea, but they way its written is that you text your seat location. So either they've got it wrong or a steward comes up and asks you what the problem is after you've sent the text.

wince

So you think drinking of alcohol, foul/abusive language, smoking, racism and aggressive behaviour should be accepted by people who have paid to attend games?

Fans should just put up and shut up based on the fact someone thinks they're Johnny Big Bollocks for using such behaviour?
No I think the police and steward's should sort it out, as I said in my first post like we are now , its not for the fans to deicide what is right and wrong , I work with a villa fan who goes to games with his wife and kids and thinks no one should drink at all , to some hes right ,some hes not

I think it is a good idea in principle. However (and this must be ME being totally dim). Won't displaying the reporting number on the scoreboard allow the mischievious few who are reported, or their friends the opportunity to bombard the displayed number with unwelcome, prank phone calls?

armybike

That's what I thought at first, which would be a good idea, but they way its written is that you text your seat location. So either they've got it wrong or a steward comes up and asks you what the problem is after you've sent the text.

You send a text saying what the concern is using the corresponding number at the start of the text and then give the location.

Either staff within CCTV room can then look around the general area to assess if anything is going on or a steward can make their way to the general area and make an assessment.

That's how I've interpreted it anyway.

ajsccfc

its not for the fans to deicide what is right and wrong

They won't, they'll highlight behaviour and the stewards will decide. It's not giving people the power to get whoever they want thrown out, same as dialling 999 doesn't give me the power to get anyone arrested.

I think it is a good idea in principle. However (and this must be ME being totally dim). Won't displaying the reporting number on the scoreboard allow the mischievious few who are reported, or their friends the opportunity to bombard the displayed number with unwelcome, prank phone calls?

It's worded a bit ambiguously, but I assume they mean the number you should text will be displayed on the screen.

Last edited:

wince

You send a text saying what the concern is using the corresponding number at the start of the text and then give the location.

Either staff within CCTV room can then look around the general area to assess if anything is going on or a steward can make their way to the general area and make an assessment.

That's how I've interpreted it anyway
Just watch the game , I know its been hard the last few years and I have found myself looking at the crowd sometimes more than the game , but if the game is good the crowds not so important , anyway respect to you, Ive said my piece PUSB

armybike

Just watch the game , I know its been hard the last few years and I have found myself looking at the crowd sometimes more than the game , but if the game is good the crowds not so important , anyway respect to you, Ive said my piece PUSB

You've said you piece and then decided to start a new thread on exactly the same topic!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Thats what I thought for a moment but ajs is right I think, by the reporting number they mean the number you should text if there is a problem will be displayed on the programme and big screen.

Users who are viewing this thread