Matchday 25# Coventry v Ipswich (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

Coventry v Ipswich - Ricoh Arena

Head to Head - Coventry City and Ipswich Town

New Year's Day will be the 81st league and cup match between the two sides.
City have won 22 of those games and drawn 22 times. They have scored 97 goals compared to Ipswich's 122.
City won 2-1 at Portman Road earlier in the season and in the corresponding fixture last season won by the same score, thanks to a brace from Clinton Morrison, watched by a crowd of 16,279. Ipswich's last win at the Ricoh Arena was on December 27th 2006 when they won 2-1.

My Predictions

Formation​

Westwood
Keogh, McPake, Wood, O'halloran
Bell, Doyle, Carsley(C), King
Eastwood, Lukas.J​

Score: 2-1 (Eastwood, Bell)​

Attendance: 16,420

Any match day predictions/banter please post here.

Hincha

swap king for jutkiewicz, he played left wing for the scottish club he was at and was very good there.

i'm predicting 1-0 King, it'll be like burnley/middlesbrough terrible game but we'll scrape it.

BenInTurin

Facebook User
Right, now we've got the horrible christmas fixtures out of the way we can get back to winning! One thing Coleman was right about was that city fans can be terrible; if we win a couple everyone starts talking about automatic promotion, lose a few and all of a sudden we're going to be relegated and need to sack the manager! Thank god we've got a level headed chairman. Watched the QPR game on the box and I didn't think we looked too bad, a freak og by westy (don't think he could of done much about that, it just hit him) and a piece of class from taabat. The disappointing thing was that we didn't create much but that's against a team that has conceded just 14 goals all season.

I'm going for a 3 nil! 2 to king and one for freddy.

ccfc luke

I think we will win this one 2-1 with Platt to score 2.

I would have Juke on the left wing and Baker on the right.

Pigeon

Westwood
Keogh McPake Wood O'Halloran
Baker Doyle Carsley Juke
Eastwood King

We've got win this one, were over due a good win.
3-0 Eastwood, Wood and King:)
PUSB

smileycov

Facebook User
I fancy us starting another good run,
WESTWOOD
KEOUGH McPAKE CAMERON O'HALLARAN
BELL DOYLE CARSLEY EASTWOOD
KING DUKE
3 - 1 KING WOOD and THE DUKE​

Coventry La La La

View attachment 379

How much are we paying this donkey every week..?

Marlon was fantastic today (apart from the sending of) and was an amazing pass to Freddy for the goal. Assists are just as important as goals Nelson... what colours you wearing then? claret and blue or that shit shade of blue found down the M69?

King did well to shield the ball and lay it off to Eastwood who, in space on the edge of the area, sent a low shot wide beyond Marton Fulop and into the far corner.

Last edited:

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Fucking SHIT ref, worst ref by miles this season. There was a blatant foul in the build up before Ipswich's goal and should have had a pen when Lukas was brought down in the box near the end. Not sure why Marlon got sent off. I know AB doesn't like to blame the refs but come on, the guy was a joke!!!

Cobi Jones's Dreads

I didn't go today due to what can only be described as a hangover only galdalf could have summoned, from what i heard on the radio we didn't play too bad with all things considered that we've just come off the back of three straight losses, it sounded like refereeing decisions have again forced us out of three points, never mind three easier games coming up with the very real prospect of 9 points!

P.S Was it Glad all over they played when we scored today?

P.S.S Nick I.P ban this clown Churchill/Nelson he couldn't even be bothered to make a new pic for Marlon's first red card, if you're going to wum fella at least put the hours in like Neo did !:p

WE WANT NEO!!!

ccfctommy

Im in Tenerife at the moment, am I right to assume that this was a good point after Kings sending off?

Also what type of football did we play, out of interest?

Coventry La La La

Im in Tenerife at the moment, am I right to assume that this was a good point after Kings sending off?

Also what type of football did we play, out of interest?

We started with King/Eastwood upfront with Lukas on the wing

Westwood
Keogh McPake Cameron Wood
Bell Carsley(C) Doyle Lukas.J
M.King F.Eastwood​

We played are usual direct/physical style of play was a good point considering we had 10 men.... but it definetly means we have to pick up points against Barnsley and Sheff UTD

PUSB

ccfc luke

I thought we played decent today, and if it wasnt for the sending off we would have definatly gone on to win it. Refereeing decisions have cost us again!

CovisGod

I didn't see the game today but all the "Cov in referee shocker" posts don't in the slightest suprise me !

Pigeon

Happy New Year to all. I was at the Ipswich game today nursing a new years headache. The Ref had an absolute shocker and was inconsistent the whole way through. As for our boys; I thought that we played well considering we were down to 10 men for a lot of the second half. King had a great game and was unlucky with the red card, his contribution and skill is so good to watch and no doubt will be missed for the next three games. King and Freddie looked good together upfront, nice to see Eastwood starting as we've missed his passion and creativity. Defense and Westwood were brilliant as usual and our make shift midfield did there job. Well battled point. PUSB

Jimthor

Was there today and will be at the rest of the home games this season since i got a nice shiny half season ticket for xmas :D
So, despite my hangover, i settled into my new spot in block 15 and very much enjoyed spending the match on my feet having a sing.

Echo the comments on the ref, bloody useless. In the buildup to the Ipswich goal Keogh took a blow to the head and was down (which should result in play being stopped, no?!), and Ipswich then proceeded to attack the space left behind and scored. Not seen the Football League Show yet but i was sure the Marlon sending off should've have been red. The reaction of the fouled player was a disgrace too.

But anyway, to positivity. Freddy and Marlon both worked their socks off and looked good. Marlon has the best first touch of anyone in the division, and showed it time and time again, putting through people with his head and feet. The goal proved that route-one football DOES work too, and Freddy finished it really well. The worst thing about the red is that we'll miss Marlon badly while he's suspended! After the sending off the team responded really well and fought brilliantly. The crowd really picked up and got behind the side and Marlon too.

Given the circumstances you'd probably take the point, but all in all probably unlucky not to get all 3, as i think with Marlon on the field we could've gone on to win it.

Next couple of games are really important now. We really should get 3pts at Barnsley then hopefully at home to Sheff Utd too.

Coventry La La La

Was there today and will be at the rest of the home games this season since i got a nice shiny half season ticket for xmas :D
So, despite my hangover, i settled into my new spot in block 15 and very much enjoyed spending the match on my feet having a sing.

Echo the comments on the ref, bloody useless. In the buildup to the Ipswich goal Keogh took a blow to the head and was down (which should result in play being stopped, no?!), and Ipswich then proceeded to attack the space left behind and scored. Not seen the Football League Show yet but i was sure the Marlon sending off should've have been red. The reaction of the fouled player was a disgrace too.

But anyway, to positivity. Freddy and Marlon both worked their socks off and looked good. Marlon has the best first touch of anyone in the division, and showed it time and time again, putting through people with his head and feet. The goal proved that route-one football DOES work too, and Freddy finished it really well. The worst thing about the red is that we'll miss Marlon badly while he's suspended! After the sending off the team responded really well and fought brilliantly. The crowd really picked up and got behind the side and Marlon too.

Given the circumstances you'd probably take the point, but all in all probably unlucky not to get all 3, as i think with Marlon on the field we could've gone on to win it.

Next couple of games are really important now. We really should get 3pts at Barnsley then hopefully at home to Sheff Utd too.

:wave:Welcome to the Ricoh :D

Nick

Administrator
It wasn't just the red that made the officials look bad.

Like you say Keogh was down with a head injury in the lead up to the goal which means play should be stopped, we had a goal disallowed and a penalty not given (haven't seen replays as the Football League show don't like showing too much of us).

Users who are viewing this thread