Match thread vs Gillingham (1 Viewer)

SkyblueBazza

Don't get me wrong I'm pleased as punch but I sensed a slight struggle to get the ball in the net today if I'm honest. It was not all about Wilson today and Clarkes finishing was weak from what I heard? Just a worry that's all...but wins do give confidence.

Teams are always going to try harder to contain our danger men...that's when extra quality in other positions has to be called upon & shine through (Moussa/Blair for example)...but other days we will hopefully make more of those other chances created.

Mucca Mad Boys

Possibly but Clarke is only 1 of 4 senior players in the squad so it would be brave to drop him. Also consider that Clarke is the vice captain shows Pressley rates him highly

Yes I agree, but SP has already proven he'll make brave decisions like the bomb squad and releasing several players...

I really like Clarke, I still think as of now, he's better than Wilson (Wilson obv in better form and has potential to be better) and Manset but Clarke could could find his position under threat if Wilson carries in his rich form and Manset shows some form alongside fitness. It must be so frustrating for him that he's hitting the woodwork often.

coventry&stuff

Despite the scoreline this was another dominant win.

The possession relfects how the game went. We were always in control, alot of patient build up at the back and midfield. Clarke and Wilson didn't see as much of the ball but I put that down the good Gills defending.

Apart from a 5-10 minute spell when they scored, Gillingham weren't in the game. We bossed it.

Feel its a bit rich to question Leon or Callum. They won't score 2 every game. Without a doubt one of the best partnerships in the league.

The crowd behind the goal were amazing today. Noise all the way through, great banter, and encouragement throughout.

covcity4life

clarks ratio can be as fucked as he likes as long as he scored around 20 this season

not that i think hes a bad finisher, just been unlucky last few weeks, he will finisha bove wilson in scoring charts imo

Sky Blue Harry H

linnell banging on about a broken fence last week and the lads taking their banners down

Yes - thought that was a bit odd - it was implying a degree of misbehaviour - felt a bit negative (he would say 'just reporting facts')

pusbccfc

From the hill Gills were far louder.

Although there was much more noise from behind the goal, especially last few mins.

coventry&stuff

The only noise from we could hear on Hill was a little from the Gillingham fans.

This has really got to do with positioning, acoustics, etc.

We were making noise all game behind the goal. Aside from a few chants the Gills fans was very quiet.

I heard a horn once, I'm assuming that was from the hill. Apart from that I didn't hear anything from you boys. Can I confirm that with Joe Murphy first though.

Spionkop

There were 152 behind the goal. We counted them. The big time eh. It was desolate today. I would suspect a few players will be looking for moves. They won't want to play in front of such pitiful crowds. On a par with Accrington and Dagenham.

covboy9

they are all mates playing together, pressley has them so well drilled that they concentrate on the game and don't think to themselves, 'oh theres only 152 ppl behind the goal, im leaving':jerkit:

coventry&stuff

There were 152 behind the goal. We counted them. The big time eh. It was desolate today. I would suspect a few players will be looking for moves. They won't want to play in front of such pitiful crowds. On a par with Accrington and Dagenham.

:thinking about:

Users who are viewing this thread