Match thread - Leyton Orient (1 Viewer)

JHarding1987

So glad I chose to work & gain an extra days pay, rather than pay to watch what can only be described after reading stuff on here as a load of shit.

stupot07

Yep, perfect away performance from orient, take their chance and limit us to long range efforts.

Paxman II

What happened to our season? We lost Robins and were given a 10 point penalty. Off the field problems ruined what was a very enjoyable and effective season up to that point.

When we played Bournemouth we were right in among it. Now look where Bournemouth are and we are.

Everything swung on those off field decisions. The people running the club could not stop Robins leaving. The owners of the stadium or at least the landlords (ACL) could have waited till the season's end it can be argued. ACL with council backing took action that jeopardised our position ignoring the fans and supporters in their city for their own ends, short term.

It can also be argued SISU could have agreed the rent deal and got on with it for now. In not doing so they also put the club in a tentative position for the longer term gain.

Neither have covered themselves in glory.

stupot07

Paxman, regardless of the off field issues and the 10 point deduction, our season imploded when Clarke got injured.

psgm1

Banned
Good old Stuart. Criticising people for being upset with cov not scoring!

IF YOU DO NOT SCORE YOU CANNOT WIN!

WHAT AN IDIOT!

Paxman II

Paxman, regardless of the off field issues and the 10 point deduction, our season imploded when Clarke got injured.

You can add that too! In fact when Robins came in the injury list dramatically improved and there were questions over how this could be so after the terrible list of always injured players previously. Then we get Pressley in and suddenly our injuries start going up again? Has to be how the trainers work the players, what they are doing etc. Must be having an impact.

SBS

You can add that too! In fact when Robins came in the injury list dramatically improved and there were questions over how this could be so after the terrible list of always injured players previously. Then we get Pressley in and suddenly our injuries start going up again? Has to be how the trainers work the players, what they are doing etc. Must be having an impact.

Did we replace the fitness coach who left with Robins?

stupot07

Yep, very true. I think it also bursts the myth that we have a superior squad with lots of depth - when the injuries hit we just didnt have that depth and cover.

Ccfcisparks

I thought it was confirmed that the injuries were long standing ones from way before Pressley was in charge ie. Clarke, Baker, Blair Adams and as soon as the ten points hit we left them out of the squad.

The Reverend Skyblue

How the hell are SISU going to promote season ticket sales for next season when we have a manager in charge who plays the most negative football I have ever seen, 1 shot on target at home to Leyton bloody Orient, fantastic

Good decision again SISU and Timmy, keep up the great work your doing of destroying this club

Last edited:

chiefdave

to be fair a number of the injuries seem to be players who were playing through them while Robins was here where now they've been told to get them seen to sooner.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Why were CWR arguing over shots on target? I couldn't remember the three we alledgidly had (bro in law has since reminded me but I think they were all savable)

We were poor goin forward end of. We kept shooting wide.

One of the alleged shots was the one from Stewart, which i think the keeper made a meal of, and also looked to be swerving wide

stupot07

Why were CWR arguing over shots on target? I couldn't remember the three we alledgidly had (bro in law has since reminded me but I think they were all savable)

We were poor goin forward end of. We kept shooting wide.

One of the alleged shots was the one from Stewart, which i think the keeper made a meal of, and also looked to be swerving wide

Of course they were saveable....they were saved!

torchomatic

Some corner action.

DSC00161.jpg

Nonleagueherewecome

Fair point. But I meant they were easy saves. Even Dunn would have saved them ;)

Oh come on....you were talking sense until then!

Users who are viewing this thread