Match Fixing in the UK (1 Viewer)

@SkyNewsBreak: Six people, including three footballers, arrested by police investigating claims of match-fixing in the UK by an Asian betting syndicate

Any ideas who would be involved? (Apart from ccfc)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
The way we've been playing a few weeks ago and what we're like now? Just saying, like...... :whistle:

Skyblueloyal

I would think it would lower league games can't see and pro taking money for fixing a match not with the money they earn a game

I was told that match fixing was so endemic in Cyprus that instead of using local Cypriot officials they had to import them from Greece for match days. Betting offices changed their rules that you had to bet on a minimum of three Cypriot matches as a result of the practice.
Also remember when spot betting was first introduced to football a player, Everton striker I believe, was shown on Match of the Day to boot the ball into touch straight from the kick off. Linekar commented on the fact that coincidently spot betting had been introduced that day while showing a clip of the said incident but needless to say that no action was taken.

CJ_covblaze

Delroy Facey is reported to be one of those arrested

ccfcway

I was told that match fixing was so endemic in Cyprus that instead of using local Cypriot officials they had to import them from Greece for match days. Betting offices changed their rules that you had to bet on a minimum of three Cypriot matches as a result of the practice.
Also remember when spot betting was first introduced to football a player, Everton striker I believe, was shown on Match of the Day to boot the ball into touch straight from the kick off. Linekar commented on the fact that coincidently spot betting had been introduced that day while showing a clip of the said incident but needless to say that no action was taken.

Matt Le Tiss comments on that in his autobiog.

Users who are viewing this thread