Massive respect to CCFC fans (1 Viewer)

Visiting Owl

Just wanted to say a massive thanks to each and every one of you for the below:

Postcard.jpg

Fantastic gesture from all concerned, best of luck for the coming season.

Apologies if I've posted in the wrong section/am spamming your board

kg82

Excellent gesture and yeah, well done on the promotion.

Must've been sent from the club though, they couldn't afford a first class stamp!!

ccfcjohn

a great gesture from whoever sent it. Well done to The Owls, R.I.P to the 2 yound lads that tragically lost their lives that day.

Brighton Sky Blue

Most of us who went won't forget the 'Hi Ho Silver Lining' singing by both sets of fans at the Ricoh in memory of those Wednesday fans-well done and good luck :)

Mikes

Another owl here, I'm very touched by the postcard you have sent us and since we went to the Ricoh the first time after the 2 lost their lives and we all sangi've always been thankful and this just tops it off even 6 years later.

Good luck next season and hope you come straight back up so we can meet again.

Most of us who went won't forget the 'Hi Ho Silver Lining' singing by both sets of fans at the Ricoh in memory of those Wednesday fans-well done and good luck :)

Attachments

• covtribute.jpg
    covtribute.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 105

Sutty

I will always remember this terrible tragedy,just down the road :(

It was really horrible. Could have been anybody, so sad for the families and friends of the two guys involved.

I don't care what division we're in, I'll happily take years of mediocrity if our fans and our club can be looked on in the way the Wednesday and Southampton fans have recently.

Even though this is one of the worst spells on the pitch I can remember, I don't think I've ever been more proud to be a Cov fan.

Best of luck to Wednesday next year, a club that gets those sort of attendances in league 1 deserves every success.

Skyblue4u

Didn't go to the game but remember hearing about the accident on the radio then the next day the horrific news

These memories never leave you

Hirsty's Ankle

I don't even post on Owlstalk, but having seen the thread about the postcard, I thought I would register here just to say, thank you to the CCFC fans for the postcard. It's such a lovely gesture and such a brilliant reminder of how football can bring people together.

I've always considered Cov a proper team who should be doing better than they are at the moment, but the postcard gesture is something else. Credit to those involved.

I'll be looking out for your scores next season and hope to see lots and lots of victories.

Harry Krishner

Always been a good bunch, the Wednesday fans- always enjoyed the trip to Hillsborough.

I remember an FA Cup game about 1983 when a minibus full of Wednesday supporters showed up at the Devon when Cov were in old Division 1 and SWFC were Div 3- these lads must have crammed an extra 20 City lads into their minibus for a lift up to HR- great crack!

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
i never knew this happened just read it online there such sad story and who ever sent that in did ccfc and its fans proud, all the best to swfc next my friend is owls supporter always watched their results lets hope we meet in 2 seasons as im sure the respect from both clubs at the game would be brillant!

tippex9

Fine gesture from whoever sent it and i'm sure most Sky Blues are proud it was sent.

I remember we played SWFC on a legends day and their fans stood and applauded every last player that walked past, probably didn't recognise most of them. Always appreciated them for that plus memories of great games against them through the years.

RIP Shaun & Steven

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Proud to be a Cov fan right now, not very often we can say that!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
This story of the postcard and the respect that both sets of fans have for each other should make the news proper. Both local papers should see this postcard and then put it out to national TV - just to show the rest of the world that we and SWFC are REAL fans!

speedie87

Well done and Thankyou to whoever sent the postcard.

Thats Southampton and Wednesday fans we have shown a gesture of goodwill to recently and been shown it back.

Don't know if anyone else remembers the athletic bilbao v man utd match earlier in the season when their fans not only got right behind their team but gave Ryan giggs a standing ovation and applauded rooney's great finish. I remember watching that and wishing I supported a club with fans like that.

I now hope that we have started on this process and next season our fans will show all these lge one clubs why we were a top flight team for so long..... Great support.

ashbyjan

Congrats to whoever sent card - this type of act proves that 99.9% of football fans are decent people who can get on with each other all bonded by a common love for football. Thoughts to the families of the two lads.

littleblueowl

Another owl here - I just had to come on here, like others have, to say a huge thank you to the CCFC fans for such a heartwarming gesture. Fans like you lot really are the ones who give football a good name. I will be looking out for your scores next season and hope to see you back in the championship next year after you've beaten the blunts twice on the way :)

Consider me an armchair Sky Blue from here on and lots of respect to all of you.

Users who are viewing this thread