Mass Hysteria.....dampening in some I hope! (1 Viewer)

johnwillomagic

I said I would start to judge/panic around the end of June......so let's look at where we are currently factually ignoring any speculation.

Goalies: Murphy, Dunn
Right Back: Clarke/Christie
Centre Backs: Wood/Cameron/Keogh
Left Backs: Kilbane/Hussey
Left Mid: McSheffrey
Right Mid: Baker/Bell
Centre Mids: Deegan/Bigi/Thomas
Strikers: McDonald/Elliot/Fleck/Rod

That is nineteen core currently ......will see where we end up with Bigi and Keogh....but if they go think we will bring some others in......+ we should get money for them!

Reasonably happy with that squad......centre back and centre mid need bolstering as do attacking left options to keep Sheff on this toes. I do still fancy Sheff up front personally though.

With some promising youths still coming through I think that squad above is pretty good for league 1! PUSB

ccfcdan

Is fleck a forward or a winger? Or does he play just behind the front 2. That's what we lacked (amongst other things) last season was someone attacking the ball in that space between the oppositions defence and midfield. If they have not signed someone to play that role then ill have to get my boots on and show them how its done. After all I'm a fucking legend when it comes to attacking defenders.

cheever

Is fleck a forward or a winger? Or does he play just behind the front 2. That's what we lacked (amongst other things) last season was someone attacking the ball in that space between the oppositions defence and midfield. If they have not signed someone to play that role then ill have to get my boots on and show them how its done. After all I'm a fucking legend when it comes to attacking defenders.

Fuck that, he used to play for the second best club in the footballing hotbed that is Scotland, so let's all cream our pants......:(

I hope he is a success as do all CCFC fans, but we need to see the bloke perform...he has done little over the past 2 years....he needs to deliver the goods....and from the off.

ccfcdan

I've seen a few videos on redtube and he looks like a decent player, but they were mainly when he was 17. Did I say redtube? Sorry that was the other tab, I meant youtube ;)

Fleck could be either an amazing signing or a massive flop. Hopefully it will be the former.

What can't be allowed to happen is him to be expected to go out and control games from midfield and that is where we are very short. Too many good young players but not enough leaders. Kilbane is a start but we need more experienced players to get around the kids when we are under pressure.

ccfcway

Goalies: Murphy, Dunn
Right Back: Clarke/Christie
Centre Backs: Wood/Cameron/Keogh
Left Backs: Kilbane/Hussey
Left Mid: McSheffrey
Right Mid: Baker/Bell
Centre Mids: Deegan/Bigi/Thomas
Strikers: McDonald/Elliot/Fleck/Rod

That squad is a big man up top and a CM away from really challanging in the top half

Lose Keogh and Bigi and we are looking at 4.

kg82

Only answering questions which you choose to, eh?!

Never mind.....I'll take it that AT has no role to play in the forthcoming season's fortunes for CCFC. :pointlaugh:

Which question did I not answer?

LBB, the teams I expect to be in competition with next season (this might be overexpecting) are Sheff Utd, Pompey and Donny (to a certain extent). I'm expecting teams like Carlisle, Notts County and Swindon to also be up there but yeah, I'm expecting us to compete better than them. And of course I'll be disappointed if we don't finish top 6, I think most will even if they're saying they're not expecting more than mid-table.

CW6

Worried about the CM position. Who knows whats happening with Deegan. Take him out then we have 2 very young centre midfielders. Need some experience and bite in there. Someone like Michael Brown would be ideal but im pretty confident we couldnt afford the fee or his wages!

kg82

I asked you that, KG82.

And your answer reveals that you expect us - like I do - to be in the top 6.

hence my initial comments around the need to deliver the goods....we expect to finish above these teams and therefore top 6.....anything else will be failure.

FFS that was hard work....keep up next time, man.....:claping hands:

I answered that before though by saying I do expect it, it was just finished off with a sarcastic comment! But as I was saying, it's not all black and white. Let's face it, before Christmas last season some players were a disgrace. THEY also need to deliver.

kg82

One thing I don't get is that post-ers like Kg82 applaud the signings, that's good. They also expect us to finish above a raft of teams and be challenging for the play offs/promotion.

However, they are not willing to agree when it is stated that if the above is not achieved then AT will have to carry some of the blame...as will the players.

Can't have it all ways, buddy.

See above!

kg82

One thing I don't get is that post-ers like Kg82 applaud the signings, that's good. They also expect us to finish above a raft of teams and be challenging for the play offs/promotion.

However, they are not willing to agree when it is stated that if the above is not achieved then AT will have to carry some of the blame...as will the players.

Can't have it all ways, buddy.

I don't think you quite got my point though. When I said it's not all black and white and theres other factors involved, I wasn't dismissing Thorn as one of those factors.

dongonzalos

Another three signings, 4 or 5 if Keogh and bigi go.

Have these signings then we will have the same depth as last season. Which was deemed not big enough.

However if sisu do that I will hold my hands up and say panic over.

These three signings I think if they stay injury free will keep us up.

Get the next 4 and we should be in the play offs.

Last edited:

Grendel

out vs in,
more out than in,
so what's new,
'in sisu no trust',
in the words of Murray Walker, go, go, go!

Yes go and then we really are in the Pit Lane.

Haven't thought this through have we?

in a poor season when we mustered only 38 league goals, and 19 of the goals came from players who have departed the club now i find it hard to be as optimistic as some, quite simply where are the goals going to come from? i think we need at least 3 or 4 more players in, a striker a priority

Users who are viewing this thread