Mason to St Mirren (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Gone there for the season on loan.

SlowerThanPlatt

I see the St Mirren fans are also questioning whey they’ve signed a player who might be out for 2 months as per Robins comments - unless it was a lie

Gint11

Yeah some the ‘out from the cold’ unless it’s an injoke I read that as a dig on Robins.
It sealed Masons fate when we brought McCallum back in

stevefloyd

Mason started last season as one of our better players got injured and Sam took his chance and got a decent move because of it obviously Robins made his mind up that he didnt fit/was good enough for our style so made the decision to move him on ....thats football good luck to Brandon

The Philosopher

Good luck to him. Needs to be playing football but thought he would have got a decent L1 team.
The SPL is a strange league and in some ways better than league 1.

4 games minimum (ie plus cups) against the 2 decent (almost EPL) teams, there are a couple of teams that could almost play EChamp the rest (IMHO) about L1 (I’m not talking upper L1 Peterborough etc., I’m talking lower L1).

Sending Mason to the SPL is a good move and he’ll get some decent game time and a few tough matches (Celtic, Rangers) he might not get in L1.

cc84cov

Didn’t see him being here past this window,his time here is up tidy enough too small and weak for me

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Feels like there's some harsh undertones in a lot of posts in this thread, whether to Westbrooke or Mason. Westbrooke was decent for us last year and scored some pivotal goals, Mason was most peoples player of the season up until the Rotherham game (granted it was probably only 10 games but still). He hasn't done much wrong since nor has he had the opportunity to show what he can do. His time with us may well be up but I only have positive things to say about him. Was decent for us, and I hope the loan move works out for him

steve101

I rate Mason and I understand that some fans have their concerns about his attacking ability in a wing-back role, but as we saw in the Bournemouth match the system was not effective. At some point (maybe sooner than later) we may need to revert to a back four. Then you are are left with McCallum (Giles will not be strong enough defensively).

PCH

I believe he was quite pally with Hiwula who Robins voiced his displeasure with more than once.
This may of added to his lack of love from MR

cc84cov

I believe he was quite pally with Hiwula who Robins voiced his displeasure with more than once.
This may of added to his lack of love from MR

Doesn’t suit our system & he’s not at the level required more than likely

BornSlippySkyBlue

Feels like there's some harsh undertones in a lot of posts in this thread, whether to Westbrooke or Mason. Westbrooke was decent for us last year and scored some pivotal goals, Mason was most peoples player of the season up until the Rotherham game (granted it was probably only 10 games but still). He hasn't done much wrong since nor has he had the opportunity to show what he can do. His time with us may well be up but I only have positive things to say about him. Was decent for us, and I hope the loan move works out for him
Totally this. Lad appears to have the right attitude and is a tidy little player. Shame it hasn’t worked out and wish him all the best.

robbiekeane

I'm forever surprised by how perceptive some of the fans on this forum are.

I mean the ability to extract "undertones" from people's 20 second written online comments is really some untapped psycho analysis ability. Get them in the dressing room!!!

BornSlippySkyBlue

I mean the ability to extract "undertones" from people's 20 second written online comments is really some untapped psycho analysis ability. Get them in the dressing room!!!
So just to understand this a bit better, you are saying that understanding what people mean from their posts requires training as a psychoanalyst?

robbiekeane

So just to understand this a bit better, you are saying that understanding what people mean from their posts requires training as a psychoanalyst?
No. Because if I was saying that I’d have probably written something like:

“understanding what people mean from their posts requires training as a psychoanalyst”

TTG

Scrap that.
Get them in MI6

Users who are viewing this thread