Mason Greenwood (1 Viewer)

Martin180

Audio of what? You don’t know how they normally talk to each other and what role play they do when having sex. It can’t be proven that’s the problem with it. It wouldn't get through court that’s why it’s been dropped as it can be argued it’s entrapment. He probably had done it to some extent but that means nothing as it wouldn’t get through a court.
It hasn’t been dropped cause of entrapment , she sold her soul for the money . They are now married with a kid

hamertime

False.

CPS agreed charges so it had already "got through the court". It didn't go to trial because their case collapsed when victim withdrew support and took all of her evidence with her.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk
Your behind the times. CPS released this

A representative of the CPS stated: “In this case a combination of the withdrawal of key witnesses and new material that came to light meant there was no longer a realistic prospect of conviction. In these circumstances, we are under a duty to stop the case.”

covcity4life

That new information that came to light could be a retraction statement from victim stating that she lied in her original statement which of course is "New information" that completely undermines the case.

So if she lied why do you want him to get in trouble?

Ffs it's pretty obvious he is a twat but there is no proof. So nothing can do. He will move on and play football somewhere. Stop being white knights and just admit there is no bonafide proof and whilst he prob is a c**t there is no proof and just like she doesn't deserve to be hurt she prob also isn't someone you would want your daughter to grow up to be like.

It's actually quite simple.

hamertime

Take Mason Greenwood out of it.

If you seen a story on the news where a random bloke had been accused of something but then later cleared. Do you think he should be able to keep the current job he’s in. Yes or No?

Grendel

Take Mason Greenwood out of it.

If you seen a story on the news where a random bloke had been accused of something but then later cleared. Do you think he should be able to keep the current job he’s in. Yes or No?

Mason greenwood hasn’t been cleared

covcity4life

Because she didn't lie clearly.

The lie came in her retraction statement when she said she lied in her original but by that point, she has either lied in her original or lied in retraction, either way, she is now a confirmed liar and has undermined the whole case.

So why was i getting poo emojis from the forum when I said she isn't the best soul?

Grendel

I can't comment on her character, but just because she was pressured into lying to get him off the hook doesn't necessarily mean she is not of good stock. She is likely vulnerable, still loves him and doesn't want to end his career.

Why does her character even come into it. This is just depressing

covcity4life

I can't comment on her character, but just because she was pressured into lying to get him off the hook doesn't necessarily mean she is not of good stock. She is likely vulnerable, still loves him and doesn't want to end his career.

But no one has zero proof that she was pressured.

Look I am playing devil's advocate a bit here but I just don't understand how so many people can ignore facts.

Letter of law he isn't guilty. Despite what we all think(me included). But no one knows for sure.

Tomh111

So why was i getting poo emojis from the forum when I said she isn't the best soul?
Because you have no fucking basis for that argument.

Domestic abuse is complicated, victims are often gaslighted and manipulated. They're convinced by their attackers they didn't mean it, that they were at fault and will change.

What has she gained out of the situation? What possible upside was there for her coming out and releasing the frankly harrowing audio of someone saying they'll rape her?

This case is further complicated by the fact that she is now pregnant by him, so she would be prosecuting the father of her unborn child.

The vast media scrutiny of the case, of her and her family. The social media abuse, the inevitable uproar and backlash against her, will have all contributed to her decisions.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Because you have no fucking basis for that argument.

Domestic abuse is complicated, victims are often gaslighted and manipulated. They're convinced by their attackers they didn't mean it, that they were at fault and will change.

What has she gained out of the situation? What possible upside was there for her coming out and releasing the frankly harrowing audio of someone saying they'll rape her?

This case is further complicated by the fact that she is now pregnant by him, so she would be prosecuting the father of her unborn child.

The vast media scrutiny of the case, of her and her family. The social media abuse, the inevitable uproar and backlash against her, will have all contributed to her decisions.

Actually, that's where I disagree with you.

She's had something most victims of domestic/emotional/sexual abuse don't get. An audience the size of the country who for the most part were supporting her, and validating that her abusive partner was indeed a piece of shit.

Whilst it is true that many victims get bullied into thinking they are the problem themselves, they are often also stuck with absolutely no support around them. Either that or what support they had, they get isolated from. It's difficult to attribute that in the same way here, or analyse this case properly. I'm not sure we have all the facts either. One thing is for sure though, it is difficult to fully compare it to a situation that happens in the every day world, purely due to the fact it is in the public spotlight and Mason Greenwood is a rich celebrity.

Martin180

Look I am playing devil's advocate a bit here but I just don't understand how so many people can ignore facts.

Letter of law he isn't guilty. Despite what we all think(me included). But no one knows for sure.
He hasn’t been found not guilty

Give it up before the hole you dig is too deep to climb out of

Malaka

Regardless of whether or not the charges were dropped, I wouldn't want him here. The only reason the charges were dropped as I understand it is that the victim did not want to go through the ordeal of court again. That recording that I listened to is enough for me to assume guilt.

Mucca Mad Boys

Wherever the "New Information" came from, it was not from defence unless you believe his career and reputation has been wasting away all for the sucker punch of providing an alibi 16 months after arrest?

It's been provided by victim who by now was pregnant with his child and pressured to drop because he wouldn't abide by bail conditions.

I know your just playing devil's advocate but trust me when I say you are way off with this one.

With all due respect, that is all conjecture. It could be true, but these are assumptions that can't be verified.

For obvious reasons, Greenwood brand is toxic after these allegations and I can't see how he plays football in England for very long time now. That said, in the eyes of law, he has no case to answer for as no charges have been brought against him - therefore, he can't be banned from the sport.

Which then opens the can of worms of whether or not allegations being brought against athletes is enough for them to be banned. After all, Man U had no qualms signing Cristiano Ronaldo in 2021 after he had been alleged to have raped a woman whom he settled out of court and the police unable to press charges. His return to the PL was widely welcomed - including myself btw.

I do not want to be seen as defending Greenwood, but would like to point out the slight double standards here. For better or worse, everyone is innocent until proven guilty in our criminal justice system.

Covcraig@bury

He’s going to be well pissed off , he’s having a 5 million pound house built in Wilmslow and it’s not finished yet!

David O'Day

The case wasn't dropped because she withdrew the complaints, the CPS can and does still take domestic abuse cases such as this forward without the victims support.

*not say he is innocent, there has just been quite a bit of misinformation on this thread

Otis

Grendel

It isn’t the letter of the law

This is so depressing

Look at the Ched Evans case. The abuse of privilege and power was all to see there. It ended with the complainant destroyed

The power of Mason greenwood and his highly paid legal team would just make it impossible for her to carry on.

You have an individual here whose clearly suffered abuse and been coerced into submission and no longer has a voice

It’s just incredible to me how the forum is keen to protect Martin Warren but allows @hamertime to peddle some very disturbing opinions

Dions Dong

In a statement, Greenwood said: “I understand that people will judge me because of what they have seen and heard on social media, and I know people will think the worst. I was brought up to know that violence or abuse ... is wrong, I did not do the things I was accused of, and in February I was cleared of all charges [the charges were actually dropped by the CPS when key witnesses withdrew their involvement and new material came to light].

“However, I fully accept I made mistakes ... and I take my share of responsibility for the situations which led to the social media post. I am learning to understand my responsibilities to set a good example as a professional footballer, and I’m focused on the big responsibility of being a father.”
He wasn’t cleared of all charges. His partner withdrew support for the prosecution as funnily enough she was pregnant with his child, classic coercive control by him and very common in domestic violence relationships.

As people have commented here already, people would have a tiny bit of sympathy if he actually acknowledged what he did was wrong (which he hasn’t). Have some accountability, not hide in his house and claim innocence.

David O'Day

False.

Victimless prosecutions can and do happen but they still need evidence. A domestic abuse victim who has taken a beating and there are witness statements, CCTV or police body worn cameras, this can be run victimless if it is deemed in the public interest and not to the detriment of the victims safety on the basis of the supporting evidence.

With this case, the ONLY evidence was from her, provided by her and exhibited by her. As soon as she walked, so did the evidence and any realistic prospect of conviction.

You do realise you are just saying the same thing I am? That the withdrawal of the victims support is not the reason the case was dropped, it was the lack of alternative evidence

You're that RoS Alt account right?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

This is so depressing

Look at the Ched Evans case. The abuse of privilege and power was all to see there. It ended with the complainant destroyed

The power of Mason greenwood and his highly paid legal team would just make it impossible for her to carry on.

You have an individual here whose clearly suffered abuse and been coerced into submission and no longer has a voice

It’s just incredible to me how the forum is keen to protect Martin Warren but allows @hamertime to peddle some very disturbing opinions

I don't think it's clear at all.

Greenwood is certainly a nasty piece of shit, but her going back to him in this circumstance I don't think is a slam dunk 'she's been coerced into it'. She's had more support than 99.99999% of victims, and still made that decision. It doesn't mean it still isn't the case, but it would be sensible to also consider his wealth and fame will have also possibly had an impact.

Dions Dong

Her face is shown in one of the videos...

He was arrested soon after said video and was found to have the injuries consistent with the photos and videos.

CPS lawyers reviewed the case and authorised charges for Assault ABH, Controlling and Coercive, and attempt Rape. You need more than just the victims say so to get CPS charges, whose threshold for a realistic prospect of conviction is 70%+. The main indicator of foul play, though, is that of the charge of Controlling and Coercive. You need a body of evidence that is quite substantial to show that his control over her affected her everyday life, and the bar can usually be quite high in this area.

As a bonus, he was further arrested for breach of his bail conditions, so he clearly had been contacting the victim and likely pressured her to drop charges.

We don’t have a threshold percentage in order to deem a case “a realistic prospect of conviction” but everything else here is accurate. As for the victim we could have theoretically run the trial either through hearsay or asking her to attend as a hostile witness, however the public interest test just would not be met.

No jury in the country would be absolutely sure of his guilt when told that she was back with him and having a child etc etc.

David O'Day

FFS

It was dropped as the CPS decided they could not get a conviction as there was no supporting evidence that could show beyond reasonable doubt his guilt.

If the CPS had decided they could prove it they would of continued.

We are saying the same thing

hamertime

This is so depressing

What, a view that someone is innocent until proven guilty?

One of the most important parts of the Human Rights Act.

Users who are viewing this thread