Mason Greenwood (1 Viewer)

Astute

Patrick Kluivert was found guilty of death by dangerous driving when he was 19 and it never affected his career. Skin colour isn't an issue here and Greenwood hasn't had a raw deal.
Kluivert killed someone. A worse result than what Greenwood had done.

But the difference is one didn't mean to do it. The other one did. Also one full.of remorse because of what he had done and the other full of remorse because he got caught.

skyblueelephant76

Ffs,why does it have to come down to race all the time. Firstly, Giggs has been sacked from his job, same as Greenwood, and Terry didn't assault anyone. There is a difference beyond the skin colour if you care to look.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk
Greenwood hasn't even been sacked, he's still getting full pay (£75k a week).

alexccfc99

Man United are helping him find a few club

They were desperate to bring him back it’s so plainly obvious they were initially dipping their toes in the water to gage a reaction

I loathe them, I’d rather Liverpool/City or any other Top 6 club win a treble than see yaaanited even win a corner

hamertime

Ffs,why does it have to come down to race all the time. Firstly, Giggs has been sacked from his job, same as Greenwood, and Terry didn't assault anyone. There is a difference beyond the skin colour if you care to look.

There just seems to be more a media and public witch hunt. Giggs should be slaughtered for how he has acted but he won’t be.

hamertime

Patrick Kluivert was found guilty of death by dangerous driving when he was 19 and it never affected his career. Skin colour isn't an issue here and Greenwood hasn't had a raw deal.
Yes but Alonso was pissed out his brains, completely different level. How he did not do any jail time is staggering.

clint van damme

While I agree in this instance Giggs is a bad example, he's black!

Astute

They can't sack him. In the eyes of the law he hasn't done anything wrong. He hasn't been found guilty of anything. It would be wrongful dismissal. They would have to pay his contract up.

My replacement at work....

My job was advertised externally. It went down to a shortlist of 3. A temporary worker had applied. His experience gave him a good chance. But a few weeks before the final interview stage it came out about theft and stalking an ex. He denied it saying it was someone else with the same name but a different age. They took his word for it. He got the job.

The next week he was in court. His ex didn't turn up. Case dismissed. Not guilty in the eyes of the law. They wanted to get rid of him but it would have been very dodgy with employment laws. He was supposed to spend my last 6 months with me training. I refused to train him. Had to go to a meeting. Told them to sack me or put me on gardening leave. Couldn't sack me. So they put him elsewhere.

Employment laws can be complex and expensive for an employer.

Seymour_East

Where there’s fire there is smoke…especially from Green Wood.
Some club will pick him up in England, maybe after a stint overseas but after the Marlon King debacle, let’s not go anywhere near there

skyblueelephant76

Yes but Alonso was pissed out his brains, completely different level. How he did not do any jail time is staggering.
He paid £500k to the victims family, that's why he didn't do any jail time.

Kluivert was sober, uninsured and driving at twice the speed limit in a residential area. He killed an Ajax fan and then carried on playing for the club. I don't agree Alonso is on a completely different level.

Sick Boy

Probably because he was a Real Madrid player, Spanish and white. I’m sure it would have been different if he was foreign of a different race. I’m not condoning what Greenwood has done but I believe he gets a rawer deal because he’s mixed race, young and from a working class background with lots of money, Look at the abuse sterling used to get and saka at the euros. It’s wrong. Terry shagged his team mates mrs, giggs shagged half of Manchester and his brothers wife with lots of reported physical abuse too but it gets swept under the carpet. People jump on a bandwagon bud don’t look at the wider picture.
Giggs is also mixed race.

Great_Expectations

Absolutely not.

Although I sort of hope he stays in the UK and gets a shed load of abuse every game from fans and players, including getting lumps kicked out of him every week.

Even regardless of this event, he’s a massive tosser.

Bad Boy

Probably because he was a Real Madrid player, Spanish and white. I’m sure it would have been different if he was foreign of a different race. I’m not condoning what Greenwood has done but I believe he gets a rawer deal because he’s mixed race, young and from a working class background with lots of money, Look at the abuse sterling used to get and saka at the euros. It’s wrong. Terry shagged his team mates mrs, giggs shagged half of Manchester and his brothers wife with lots of reported physical abuse too but it gets swept under the carpet. People jump on a bandwagon bud don’t look at the wider picture.
I didn't notice the guy was of mixed race until YOU mentioned it.

hamertime

Kluivert was sober, uninsured and driving at twice the speed limit in a residential area. He killed an Ajax fan and then carried on playing for the club. I don't agree Alonso is on a completely different level.
It’s literally unreal you think by paying someone you shutouts avoid jail. So the Di h stay out but the poor so time. Should be embarrassed of yourself with that.

skyblueelephant76

It’s literally unreal you think by paying someone you shutouts avoid jail. So the Di h stay out but the poor so time. Should be embarrassed of yourself with that.
What are you on about? I was stating what happened, I didn't say I agree with it.

Try reading properly next time.

hamertime

It’s literally unreal you think by paying someone you should avoid jail. So the do the rich stay out but the poor do time. Should be embarrassed of yourself with that.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

They can't sack him. In the eyes of the law he hasn't done anything wrong. He hasn't been found guilty of anything. It would be wrongful dismissal. They would have to pay his contract up.

My replacement at work....

My job was advertised externally. It went down to a shortlist of 3. A temporary worker had applied. His experience gave him a good chance. But a few weeks before the final interview stage it came out about theft and stalking an ex. He denied it saying it was someone else with the same name but a different age. They took his word for it. He got the job.

The next week he was in court. His ex didn't turn up. Case dismissed. Not guilty in the eyes of the law. They wanted to get rid of him but it would have been very dodgy with employment laws. He was supposed to spend my last 6 months with me training. I refused to train him. Had to go to a meeting. Told them to sack me or put me on gardening leave. Couldn't sack me. So they put him elsewhere.

Employment laws can be complex and expensive for an employer.
Surely him lying about being involved is grounds for dismissal?

Como

Some societies are OK with compensation paid to the victim/victims family. Diyat for example.

There is a family story, may not be true, that a Great Great Great Grandfather got a girl pregnant and he was given the choice to marry her or emigrate. He emigrated.

What Society considers acceptable changes.

Sky Blue Pete

Wonder if anyone has considered her opinion on it? Suppose it doesn’t really matter what she thinks or wants even though she’s the one who’s been done to

Dazmataz

This is a poor take, or you're trolling. The only reason Greenwood isn't going to jail is because the woman who he committed the offences against doesn't want to provide evidence and testify as he's the father of her child. Have a quick search on Twitter and you'll see and hear what he did in 30 seconds.

His background has nothing to do with this.

hamertime

This is a poor take, or you're trolling. The only reason Greenwood isn't going to jail is because the woman who he committed the offences against doesn't want to provide evidence and testify as he's the father of her child. Have a quick search on Twitter and you'll see and hear what he did in 30 seconds.

His background has nothing to do with this.
She’s loves him mate. Can’t be all bad can he. Young enough to learn a lesson and move on. Looks like most people would prefer him hung drawn and quartered.

Dazmataz

She’s loves him mate. Can’t be all bad can he. Young enough to learn a lesson and move on. Looks like most people would prefer him hung drawn and quartered.
Learn a lesson and move on - fair enough, but the he doesn't deserve all the fame and fortune being a top level professional footballer. I applaud the United fans who were so vocal in saying they didn't want him back.

There is no world where what he did was acceptable.

Users who are viewing this thread