Mason-Clark (17 Viewers)

robbiekeane

I can understand it if it is an agreed deal, but what if other clubs are interested and prepared to offer more?

I can't see the benefit for Peterborough? Either no one wants to buy, Cov alone want to buy or several clubs want to buy.
The whole point in an option, bit like the financial instrument, is that you’re purchasing the opportunity (option) to buy (or sell) something at an agreed future date at an agreed future price.

So it might cost us £100k (pulled that number out the air) for the option which is non refundable, or might be a concession on their behalf for the loan back.

Or we might not have got one at all of course, but just explaining how it might work

Alkhen

The whole point in an option, bit like the financial instrument, is that you’re purchasing the opportunity (option) to buy (or sell) something at an agreed future date at an agreed future price.

So it might cost us £100k (pulled that number out the air) for the option which is non refundable, or might be a concession on their behalf for the loan back.

Or we might not have got one at all of course, but just explaining how it might work

Could well be but I'm sceptical that either us or them would be comfortable setting agreed figures in place for players when neither know what league we will be in.

Big_Ben

In the same way that Mike Ashley was able to buy the stadium, because he had an agreed option to buy by a certain date, even though King was prepared to pay more.

Hobo

In the same way that Mike Ashley was able to buy the stadium, because he had an agreed option to buy by a certain date, even though King was prepared to pay more.

But a stadium is concrete and steel. We are talking about a player, a person , not a chattel?

Skybluedownunder

Burrows and Edwards from Posh please. How much do you think it would cost to grab them both? £10m?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SBbucks

Burrows and Edwards from Posh please. How much do you think it would cost to grab them both? £10m?

West Ham were bidding for Edwards in the January window (according to MacAnthony), we’re going to struggle to compete with them if they renew their interest.

HadjiChippo

Clubs across Europe will be fighting for Ronnie Edwards, we don’t stand a chance.

Prem or a Dortmund/Leipzig type get him in the summer.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

That MacAnthony is a shrew operator I’ve read he gets add ons if Ivan Toney gets an England cap and it’s either 10 or 15% of any future transfer after the initial 6 million fee that could be between another 5mill ion plus. Bet he has similar with us with the MSC deal.
As for MSC he is our player bought and paid for loaned back to Posh for an agreed fee.

we’ve signed another player from Peterborough?

Terry_dactyl

I’ve no idea how good Burrows is but if he’s a left back, I suspect he’s the one we’re after and may or may not have an option on.

Skybluedownunder

West Ham were bidding for Edwards in the January window (according to MacAnthony), we’re going to struggle to compete with them if they renew their interest.

How much do you reckon Edwards is worth? £7m?

The way this reads is we have an option on a player and earlier in the piece it reads that we were bidding on Edwards like you mentioned so you’d assume it’s about him.

To be fair they do have a good few players. RJJ is pretty good too

SBbucks

The way this reads is we have an option on a player and earlier in the piece it reads that we were bidding on Edwards like you mentioned so you’d assume it’s about him.

I’ve no idea what he’s worth, but to be honest it doesn’t matter. If West Ham (or other PL team) want him badly enough, we’re not going to get him. MacAnthony clearly thinks he’s going to the PL.
But yes, watching them on Tuesday they definitely have a lot of good young players, playing a style similar to us. I’d be very surprised if another one doesn’t end up with us in the summer.

David O'Day

it's not Edwards skippy

Users who are viewing this thread