Masks at the Arena (1 Viewer)

Moff

But appointments are also starting to open up more at present, too, as that happens.

Ok, to save us going round in circles, I have a very close family member who has quite a role in Public Health, in an other area of the country.

Cobsultations are months, if not a year behind, millions of people.
The hospitals are opening up, less COVID patients, and very very reduced death levels.
They are absolutely dreading the cancer issues, rates and deaths we are going to have after Covid, it is extremely worrying and is going to be awful.

I am not going to argue the toss with you. Please respect the fact I am telling this in good faith.

Sick Boy

You miss the point frothing away. Free speech doesn’t exist in your world.
Oh and I’m not one that thinks that way, before you throw some childish insult.
No justification for calling someone a c**t, there’s plenty other ways to call that out, but you pat yourself on the back for being an internet hero.
Someone being flippant about a young person dying from it deserves everything they get.

Moff

Someone being flippant about a young person dying from it deserves everything they get.

In my opinion there are better ways to call it out. It just makes you look like ‘angry man’
I respect the fact you will disagree

NorthernWisdom

Ok, to save us going round in circles, I have a very close family member who has quite a significant role in Public Health, in an other area of the country.

The hospitals are opening up, less COVID patients, and very very reduced death levels.
They are absolutely dreading the cancer issues, rates and deaths we are going to have after Covid, it is extremely sorting snd is going to be horrendous.

I am not going to argue the toss with you. Please respect the fact I am telling this in good faith.
But... there's nothing there I disagree with. It also doesn't alter my statement that the option to delay many appointments was the least shit option available.

It's possible for it to be shit for people who have had appointments delayed / things yet to be diagnosed, as they're the collatoral damage in a pandemic, and the collatoral damage to save other people in hospital at that point.

Moff

But... there's nothing there I disagree with. It also doesn't alter my statement that the option to delay many appointments was the least shit option available.

It's possible for it to be shit for people who have had appointments delayed / things yet to be diagnosed, as they're the collatoral damage in a pandemic, and the collatoral damage to save other people in hospital at that point.

I disagree that it was the least shit option. End of conversation.

fernandopartridge

Ok, to save us going round in circles, I have a very close family member who has quite a role in Public Health, in an other area of the country.

They are absolutely dreading the cancer issues, rates and deaths we are going to have after Covid, it is extremely worrying and is going to be awful.

I see what you're saying but the real issue is not the covid response, it's the years of hollowing out NHS and public health capacity. New expensive PFI hospitals built with less beds than the ones they replaced etc etc

Moff

I see what you're saying but the real issue is not the covid response, it's the years of hollowing out NHS and public health capacity. New expensive PFI hospitals built with less beds than the ones they replaced etc etc

I totally agree, that’s a massive part of this

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Covid: Bradford's Matthew Keenan dies despite changing mind on jabs The fewer people that feel the sadness this family has gone through the better.

Personally I will be wearing my mask on the way in, on the concourse and on the way out. If i feel safe enough in the ground not to wear it then i might not but likely that for the opening few fixtures at least i will. Dont frankly care what anyone else thinks of that, it is just my choice because thats how i feel safest. Others will think that for them they dont need to ever wear masks thats their choice and fine but i disagree. That is very much all coloured by my medical history i realise that..... but wearing a mask is not going to stop me enjoying life. Wearing a mask is not a problem.

as for quoting statistics to just justify a point of view. I can mess about with statistics too

Population UK 68.25m

Total number of Covid cases 5.8m
Total number of deaths within 28 days of positive test 130k
or put another way 2.2% of cases

total first vaccine doses of 47m
deaths following vaccination that may or may not have anything directly to do with vaccine 1470
or 0.003% (the quoted article implies it is even lower %)

death from road accidents in 2019 1752
fatality rate per 100,000 people 2.7%
Reported road casualties Great Britain, annual report: 2019 - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
might have to give up driving because of the risk :eek:

Risk of alcohol related death in UK is 11.8 per 100,000 ................ no i am not giving up having a beer
Alcohol-specific deaths in the UK - Office for National Statistics (ons.gov.uk)

Take some responsibility for yourselves and your families etc. Accept that not getting vaccinated puts you and your families etc at greater risk of complications from catching Covid including death than having the vaccine. Masks mitigate the risk of Covid transmission but it isnt a perfect solution. Vaccines mitigate the effects of the Covid virus in most people. Vaccines do not mean you cannot catch Covid. Every case of serious Covid illness puts more strain on the hospitals & staff creating longer waiting lists (not the only reason though eg historic under funding, lack of staff due to Brexit to name two others). Also accept that others might be more cautious around you, if they are aware you refuse to be vaccinated (whole different conversation that)

We all have to accept that our individual actions have consequences for each of us but also families, friends and strangers. If you are not having the vaccine because of this supposed (imo wrong supposition) high risk of death from it then i understand thats your choice but what are the ways in which you mitigate the risk of Covid to you and others? Just carrying on and ignoring or worse still denying it is not acceptable in my opinion. Covid is not going away anytime soon and it is very evident the virus has the ability to mutate & develop.

Real world there is simply no evidence that thousands of people are dying from the vaccine, there have been tens of thousands dying from Covid. Every vaccine carries a risk, any medical procedure carries a risk, life is full of risks. The vaccine risks are statistically extremely small.

Freedom of speech is a great ideal, tremendously important and to be protected, but firmly attached to that is personal responsibility for words & deeds

Just my thoughts

Last edited:

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I see the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

shmmeee

Surgeons use masks in a sterile environment and do not handle the mask once on. The amount of people that pull a manky looking piece of cloth out to put over their face whilst then constantly manhandling it once on is ridiculous. If you think this is ‘keeping you safe’ then you are wrong.

Masks aren’t there to keep you safe firstly, they’re there to prevent you spreading whatever you might have as far.

Secondly you didn’t say “badly used masks are bad for you” you said “masks are bad for you”.

Get off YouTube and onto arxiv if you want to know what the actual evidence says. Masks work, stop trying to be edgy.

100 miles from Cov.

Masks aren’t there to keep you safe firstly, they’re there to prevent you spreading whatever you might have as far.

Secondly you didn’t say “badly used masks are bad for you” you said “masks are bad for you”.

Get off YouTube and onto arxiv if you want to know what the actual evidence says. Masks work, stop trying to be edgy.
So if masks work then why last March when all this started did the medical advisors admit that masks make no difference. Nothing to do with being edgy.

shmmeee

So if masks work then why last March when all this started did the medical advisors admit that masks make no difference. Nothing to do with being edgy.

They didn’t? There was a period where masks weren’t recommended because of supply concerns if that’s what you’re thinking of.

There’s tons of evidence masks work. I can drop links to around 70 peer reviewed papers if you like?

slowpoke

I think it is likely numbers allowed into stadiums will be restricted there’s been rumblings of 66% two thirds sort of mentioned from government circles normally a prelude of their intentions.
66% about 20000 in our case not ideal but could be worse makes distancing a bit easier. We have to accept covid hasn’t gone away and vaccines are doing their job, but apathy is a big danger.

Grendel

I think it is likely numbers allowed into stadiums will be restricted there’s been rumblings of 60% sort of mentioned from government circles normally a prelude of their intentions.
60% about 20000 in our case not ideal but could be worse makes distancing a bit easier. We have to accept covid hasn’t gone away and vaccines are doing their job, but apathy is a big danger.

It’s more likely by October over 18s will have to have proof of a double jab to get in

Sky Blue Harry H

On a practical level, will there be any ways of helping people who want to go in Block 31 avoid half the people in this thread when they make their way in and out of the ground...?

I've moved (for the time being) over to Block 31, and I'm going to take one of those electric swatters for zapping wasps etc. I'm adding non mask wearing invaders to the list!!

clint van damme

We may have to agree to disagree. As far as I am concerned masks don’t make a difference in day to day situations. If you believe they do then carry on.

Mate, you're not discussing whether your new jumper suits you or not.
It's not about opinions. I could say as far as I'm concerned the moon is made of cheese, and I'd be talking billocks as well

Grendel

Mate, you're not discussing whether your new jumper suits you or not.
It's not about opinions. I could say as far as I'm concerned the moon is made of cheese, and I'd be talking billocks as well

One thing he did say is cloth and non surgical masks aren’t much use. Haven’t France and Germany banned these types of masks as they’ve concluded they are of no use?

clint van damme

One thing he did say is cloth and non surgical masks aren’t much use. Haven’t France and Germany banned these types of masks as they’ve concluded they are of no use?

Certain grade of masks have to be work in public places in France don't know about Germany.
That tells me that masks do work.

slowpoke

It’s more likely by October over 18s will have to have proof of a double jab to get in
I think you might be correct, although infections are reducing it’s no coincident that colleges and universities have closed, schools too, that’s the next step school age.
It will give a nudge to the youngsters to get jabbed has to be done the big problem and danger is apathy amongst our youngsters, I might have been the same at their age but they are becoming the most affected and need to take on board this covid is a killer disease.

Grendel

Certain grade of masks have to be work in public places in France don't know about Germany.
That tells me that masks do work.

It’s this where I saw it

Grendel

Nope that’s bollocks too, from

View attachment 21220

Even a T-shirt more than halved the distance your breath projects.

I’m referring to this

Users who are viewing this thread