Mascot Day (1 Viewer)

Corrado

It was the lads day to be a mascot today and Just wanted to say what a fantastic experience offered by the club!

First taken for a tour of the stadium - into Mark robbins office for photos and a chat with him and Oggy ( had to wait for Timmy to finish his chat tho - interestingly followed around by a body guard)

Then into the dressing room for photos with all the players, who were all fantastic and generally really nice! They must get fed up with meet and greets with pesky kids before every game when they are preparing for the game but it didn’t seem like it.

Then for a kick around on the pitch behind the goal before heading back to the tunnel for high fives with all the players returning to the dressing room following their warm up.

Finished off by the tunnel walk onto the pitch with their chosen player ( Willis for my son)

All in all a really fun day for both of us with professional photos sent to us next week.

All this offered by the club for free - amazing!

A day my son will not forget. Topped off with a win.

I cannot recommend this highly enough to Anyone with kids who support Cov.

Well done City!

Nick

Administrator
It was the lads day to be a mascot today and Just wanted to say what a fantastic experience offered by the club!

First taken for a tour of the stadium - into Mark robbins office for photos and a chat with him and Oggy ( had to wait for Timmy to finish his chat tho - interestingly followed around by a body guard)

Then into the dressing room for photos with all the players, who were all fantastic and generally really nice! They must get fed up with meet and greets with pesky kids before every game when they are preparing for the game but it didn’t seem like it.

Then for a kick around on the pitch behind the goal before heading back to the tunnel for high fives with all the players returning to the dressing room following their warm up.

Finished off by the tunnel walk onto the pitch with their chosen player ( Willis for my son)

All in all a really fun day for both of us with professional photos sent to us next week.

Well done City!
I bet he is buzzing. I'd have loved that as a kid!

Liquid Gold

I was mascot at Highfield Road for a 2-1 loss to villa. On the pitch with Dublin, Huckerby and Whealan at Highfield Road. Amazing.

rob9872

We experienced it for Scunthorpe on the opening day of the season. First class effort from the club and they deserve a lot of credit. Glad you enjoyed your day too and the right result always helps!

I think I was as excited as the kids getting in the dressing room etc imagine you were the same:)

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!

Well done City!
Sounds exactly the same as my boy's was last season (Forest Green...) and lovely to read that the staff and players retain the same enthusiasm for the mascots

Adge

A “backpack” for the club on this occasion. Fair play.

CJ_covblaze

Great to read stuff like this. Important to note that it’s free too. Far too many clubs see it as a way to make a few quid. A “pay what you can/want” at the end type approach with the money going to a good cause would be ok but doing it for pure profit (especially PL/Championship clubs) is pure greed. It’d be nice for something to be put on the official site about it every week with the parents and child giving their viewpoint over.

sylus

Nice OP, My own grandson will be a mascot for the Gillingham game in Feb,he is so looking forward to it,he is unsure whether to walk out with Shipley or Bayliss his two favourite players,hoping Bayliss will still be here.

Corrado

Nice OP, My own grandson will be a mascot for the Gillingham game in Feb,he is so looking forward to it,he is unsure whether to walk out with Shipley or Bayliss his two favourite players,hoping Bayliss will still be here.
They need to be prepared to walk out with a different player if there is more then one mascot who wants to walk out with the same player (rock/paper/scissors decides it)

Somerset Sky Blue

Great review - mine are looking forward to April as mascots..though daughter was hoping for biamou ... don't think he will be back. Son wants Willis too!

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Well done City!
Cracking post , nice to see the football club is looking after the kids.

Just one negative , I hope the club are not paying for Fisher's bodyguard.

Great to hear, my son is doing it for the AFC Wimbledon game for his birthday. He doesn’t know yet! I am not sure who might be more giddy on the day ha ha. A mate who’s husband is a Blues fan was impressed that the club offer it for free. They looked up a package at St Andrews for interest for their lad in the future and it was over £200 a kid and nearly £500 vs the V****! Mark Hornby at the team do a great job with this. Keep up the good work guys

Somerset Sky Blue

A friend of mine did luton last year - approx 250, but it included full kit, 4 tickets and a meal. They enjoyed the day.
Even with having to buy kit separately, our deal looks good value (especially if you have two kids!). Like block 16 Dave, I'm looking forward to it as well!

Users who are viewing this thread