Marwan Koukash (1 Viewer)

CovUpNorth

.......former Salford Rugby League owner taking about how the Super League needs to get bigger and attract bigger sponsorship etc.
He said the sport has to have “big names” places like Toronto, Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham and COVENTRY yes COVENTRY, should be striving to entering teams into the Sport. Went on to describe the places he mentioned as “big City brands”.

It got me thinking. Do businessman like him see Coventry as a big brand, big name etc. Surely if this is the case there must be people out there who see the potential of Coventry City Football Club? I know he’s talking about another sport, but what if, (i know it’s a big what if) the likes of SISU look into a joint enterprise with a team like Coventry Bears, get a stadium and go for gold. Dreaming I know, but Wigan have kind of done it and there’s others. Potential big money in Rugby League and of course Football.

anyway.

W

westcountry_skyblue

I’ve watched a bit of Rugby league,Prefer it to union.
He’s deffo a character and Salford are in their first grand final this weekend after being on their arse only a year ago and were relegation favourites.
He’s got a few quid,Owns lots of race horses too!!

rob9872

Bigger problem is if he shares Ricoh with Wasps for a RL team then we're truly fecked!

Users who are viewing this thread