Marton Fulop free agent (1 Viewer)

RoboCCFC90

Fair play to Marton but I don't think we need him at this time.

Danceswithhorses

FREE....
...previously signed by Tottenham, Sunderland, Leicester, Stoke, Man City, Ipswich and WBA...

...but not good enough for us in div 3...really ?

Hmmmmm-delusions of grandeur perhaps?

Just my opinion ;)

Grendel

FREE....
...previously signed by Tottenham, Sunderland, Leicester, Stoke, Man City, Ipswich and WBA...

Our opinion of him was inflated by the dross that preceeded him. Is he better than Murphy? Not really.

Danceswithhorses

High wages, wouldn't sign for us anyway, don't need him. Rather pointless tbh
TBH, he is currently earning £0...where are these high wages you mentioned TSBL ??
Having been released by WBA, last played for Asteras Tripoli (greece) before cancer diagnosis, now clear.
IMHO, worth a punt especially if Murphy is subject to a bid in January, due to his excellent form.
Apparently Joy is saying spend, spend, spend...or is that PR ?

Last edited:

lewys33

I dont see why we couldnt sign him, murphy has no realistic competition at the moment so would be a good signing in my eyes.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Very good keeper IMO. As for the 'Is he better than Murphy' question, I would say yes he is. Obviously we are spoilt having Murphy in league One, as he is an exceptional keeper in this league, proven during his time with Scunny and us. But as for leagues above a League one? I'd go for Fulop.

That said, we are in league one. He isn't going to get in our team over Murph who's in the form of his career, so can't see us signing him. Ever.

Nonleagueherewecome

All I remember with Fulop is him having gigantic goal kicks!

My best memory is of a stunning save he made, diving away to the top left-corner to push a seemingly unstoppable shot around the post. He's probably my favourite 'keeper since relegation, even ahead of Westwood. And according to FM at the time, he loved Coventry! Dunno how good he is now and whether his illness has affected his prowess, and he's probably one for the "never go back" saying, but I'd guess that he's probably better than Murphy still, who I class as one of those great L1 players that aren't quite Championship quality. We won't sign him, either way.

TBH, he is currently earning £0...where are these high wages you mentioned TSBL ??
Having been released by WBA, last played for Asteras Tripoli (greece) before cancer diagnosis, now clear.
IMHO, worth a punt especially if Murphy is subject to a bid in January, due to his excellent form.
Apparently Joy is saying spend, spend, spend...or is that PR ?

Do you really believe that stupid bitch wil put her hand into her purse? He will want as much money as he can get and he can do better than us. Exceptional keeper and I would love to see him back if Joe leaves, but I cant see it happening

I dont see why we couldnt sign him, murphy has no realistic competition at the moment so would be a good signing in my eyes.

Don't rule Burge out. Good young promising keeper. Maybe not this season, but sooner rather than later he will get his chance. Whether he takes it or not, I don't know, but you can rule this kid out

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Don't rule Burge out. Good young promising keeper. Maybe not this season, but sooner rather than later he will get his chance. Whether he takes it or not, I don't know, but you can rule this kid out

I think Burge would be ready for league one football. Just a shame that we're going up (think positive, think positive) so won't get much of a look in for atleast a couple of seasons.

But I do think we must keep hold of the lad

I think Burge would be ready for league one football. Just a shame that we're going up (think positive, think positive) so won't get much of a look in for atleast a couple of seasons.

But I do think we must keep hold of the lad

Again, I wouldn't rule anything out. When Chris Kirkland arrived on the scene here, I was too young to remember it but I expect people had the same views around him and he turned out to be a complete legend. With a little more loan experience, he could be ready to replace Joe in a season or 2. Fulop would be an expensive back-up tho haha Would love to see another kid come through the ranks, cus you don't see many keepers come throught the academy, so like you said, think positive. We haven't seen him in action yet. He could be another Chris Dunn, but he could also be the next Oggy. And from what the Nuneaton fans have said about him, its sounds promising

Tank Top

FREE....

Just my opinion ;)

"Not just your opinion my friend"
I thought he was awful, a bigger flapper than "Fred Astaire" the number of clubs he played for, in a comparably Short time, speaks volumes about his reliability between the sticks, free or not, please don't let him anywhere near us.

Users who are viewing this thread