Martin Cranie (1 Viewer)

Apparently training with Donny! Interesting thought he was signing for Leeds. Looks like the same situation as Sammy, the grass ain't always greener

junglej13

He wasn't brilliant. Last season was the only time he was deployed at centre back. Up until then he was about our 5th choice centre back. His concentration was appalling and that will always prevent him playing for anyone above a lower end a Championship club. A poor mans Elliot Ward.

standupforcity

Glad he's gone...for me Cranie was one of the slowest thinkers on the field...you could almost have a zzzzzzzzzzz while he made up his mind....and then when you looked up it was only to see him being caught in posession. Without him we may be able to find a little comsistant tempo!

hill83

Glad he's gone...for me Cranie was one of the slowest thinkers on the field...you could almost have a zzzzzzzzzzz while he made up his mind....and then when you looked up it was only to see him being caught in posession. Without him we may be able to find a little comsistant tempo!

Cranie? A slow thinker? The irony! :D

He always seemed one step ahead and was very good at reading the game.

wingy

I reckon Nhe whole back line cost us around 25 of the goals against last season ,The centre paising around 6 between them ,fullbacks whoever played contributed around 7 each and murphy about 5. Not bad for the centre two and considering the youth and injuries to be expected from the full backs.

Grendel

He's certainly no legend - he refuses to play in friendlies;

Another player who could be joining him on the way out of Elland Road is trialist Martin Cranie who has yet to be offered a contract and is still on the lookout for a club.

The 25-year-old defender has been a free agent after his deal at Coventry ran out at the end of last season and has featured in a number of pre-season games for the club this summer.

But his future at Leeds is in doubt after he declined to play for Warnock in their friendly match at Preston at the weekend over concerns he might get injured before holding another round of talks with the club.

"In fairness to him he can't afford to get injured in a game like that. I understood his reasoning," said Warnock. "It was his decision and I respected that.

"He didn't want to risk getting injured so close to the start of the season and I couldn't guarantee him a contract."

stupot07

He's certainly no legend - he refuses to play in friendlies;

Another player who could be joining him on the way out of Elland Road is trialist Martin Cranie who has yet to be offered a contract and is still on the lookout for a club.

The 25-year-old defender has been a free agent after his deal at Coventry ran out at the end of last season and has featured in a number of pre-season games for the club this summer.

But his future at Leeds is in doubt after he declined to play for Warnock in their friendly match at Preston at the weekend over concerns he might get injured before holding another round of talks with the club.

"In fairness to him he can't afford to get injured in a game like that. I understood his reasoning," said Warnock. "It was his decision and I respected that.

"He didn't want to risk getting injured so close to the start of the season and I couldn't guarantee him a contract."

That is a strange decision, surely the only way a manager can judge you is in a proper match situation?! He should have just agreed to sign a 1 year contract with us. What a muppet.

ccfcway

That is a strange decision, surely the only way a manager can judge you is in a proper match situation?! He should have just agreed to sign a 1 year contract with us. What a muppet.

get that if they have come from swiss 3rd division, but surely Warnock and his team know all about Craine and can get to know what they need by vidoes, contacts etc ?

if not, why didnt we instist on seeing Barton, Fleck etc play before we signed them ?

stupot07

get that if they have come from swiss 3rd division, but surely Warnock and his team know all about Craine and can get to know what they need by vidoes, contacts etc ?

if not, why didnt we instist on seeing Barton, Fleck etc play before we signed them ?

You would think, but I don't see Cranie being a Warnock type player - from stuff in the CET he seems to be a quiet almost shy lad, and is similar on the pitch - very good football brain but not the in your face character that Warnock likes.

Users who are viewing this thread