Marosi (1 Viewer)

robbiekeane

What a fantastic addition to the team. Great game today made some absolutely key saves especially that one on one.

Having a solid keeper who is good with the ball at his feet makes an absolute world of difference.

Nick

Administrator
Those 2 saves were amazing, still scares me with his over confidence with the ball at his feet though!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

He really is quality. Always have faith he can pull off a save.

If we go up he will have been a massive part in that (based on performances so far of course).

Liquid Gold

Excellent keeper. Well above what we’re used to.

He started the season with ‘not Burge’ points but it’s gone way beyond that now. So comfortable with him.

Astute

And just to think of all those who were happy with Burge as he was playing at what was seen as his level. We couldn't get anyone better.....could we?

Spent a few seasons constantly having a go at our GK. Don't think I have once this season.

Brighton Sky Blue

And just to think of all those who were happy with Burge as he was playing at what was seen as his level. We couldn't get anyone better.....could we?

Spent a few seasons constantly having a go at our GK. Don't think I have once this season.

Some thought we had to go after Stockdale

Brighton Sky Blue

He’s one of my favourites from the summer window for sure!

So composed comes for crosses. Great shot stopper. Such a pleasant change from feeling nervous every time an attack happened or we passed it backwards!

Re-watched some highlights of last season and so many times that guy ran out of goal like a madman

ccfchoi87

Top keeper. Hadn’t seen too many saves from him earlier in the season but he’s been vital over the last few weeks

Sky Blue Pete

@Sky Blue Pete didnt understand why fans wanted someone else in for burge...
That’s cause you refuse to understand what I was saying. Where’s the sense in slating him for half a season when there’s no one else to play. Support whoever plays in our team that’s my motto. Fans still quick to blame marosi if he dares to stay on his line. He’s fabulous I love his composure and accept that sometimes the passing from the back won’t work as well as we would like. Burge still in professional football and will most likely have a reasonable career

Adge

I was with a colleague on a game in the week who was a Doncaster Rovers fan and he was saying that Marosi for them was just average and threw the old “he’s a good shot stopper in” for good measure.
He was quite surprised when I told him that he has inspired such confidence in the fans, gets us going with the distribution, instils confidence in the defence in front of him and was/is exactly what we were missing, Just reinforces the point of how poor Burge really was.

covcity4life

That’s cause you refuse to understand what I was saying. Where’s the sense in slating him for half a season when there’s no one else to play. Support whoever plays in our team that’s my motto. Fans still quick to blame marosi if he dares to stay on his line. He’s fabulous I love his composure and accept that sometimes the passing from the back won’t work as well as we would like. Burge still in professional football and will most likely have a reasonable career
Thats just not true

No one said lets slate and kill burge confidence

Fact is no1 was allowed to criticise him without likes of u jumping in

Skybluefaz

Tbf, you were saying he's better than the level. Clearly he is not and never will be

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Marosi, hat's off to Mark Robins and he's staff, could be the best signing of the season .

fatso

Best signing by far, certainly in terms of the points he has earned us.
And far better than the clown he took over from.

lifeskyblue

I’m still not 100% convinced by Marosi. Yes a very good shot stopper and way above this level in terms of distribution. I think the defence has confidence in him and he has in them. But I don’t think he is confident on crosses from open play or corners. Today was his best all round performance and he did take a few high balls quite comfortably...more of this please in the run in. As the going gets tough and possible nerves kick in then his influence will become ever greater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harvey098

I was always one of Burge’s few defenders but MM is a level above. Absolute quality with distribution and shot stopping. Still has work to do on box commanding but so impressed overall. What a find.

Liquid Gold

I was always one of Burge’s few defenders but MM is a level above. Absolute quality with distribution and shot stopping. Still has work to do on box commanding but so impressed overall. What a find.
McFadz commands the box pretty well on his own. Marosi is there for the passing game as well as the goalkeeping. All in all excellent recruitment.

skybluegod

I think the best thing for me today, was the fact he learnt from the Bristol mistake, there were a couple times they played the same bacll behind Fadz but they communicated a lot better, and they dealt with it. Same couldn't be said for burge!!

Magwitch

I defended Burge more than most but Marosi a different level.
Massive signing
I did aswell, re Burge but Marosi is different class and a great signing, he makes good and vital saves a lot of the time after having little to do for a period of time always the sign of a good goalie.

Users who are viewing this thread