Marlon King (1 Viewer)

Lilconn_ccfc

Its getting close to the deadline. Simple yes or no, do you think he will sign his contract? I say no.

rob9872

Can you add a poll please Lilconn? I know it makes not a jot of difference but would be interested to see how the forum gauges it. A simple "He says yes - Marlon" or "He says no - Marlon"

Cov 4 Prem

To be fair, if another Championship team comes in for him I think he will stay with us - If a Prem' team comes in he'll snap their hands off.

Reasoning behind this is because of how we've took to Marlon and how almost every other fan has chanted about him "She said no..." blah blah blah. He took a clean sweep of the awards so he feels wanted. And if he does stay, he will know we have ambition for the coming season/seasons to get where he wants anyway.

rob9872

would he not have signed by now? He is keeping his options open understandably but do we think it's to get a better offer from another club or as he knows we have given him a month then call our bluff and see if we come up with a better offer as the deadline approaches

Would love him to stay but fear that we might be the Oldham of the Lee Hughes scenario, namely the club that takes the s*** which his next club will not experience. He is so important to us right now, particularly with our young/inexperienced attacking players.

Macca

To be fair, if another Championship team comes in for him I think he will stay with us - If a Prem' team comes in he'll snap their hands off.

Reasoning behind this is because of how we've took to Marlon and how almost every other fan has chanted about him "She said no..." blah blah blah. He took a clean sweep of the awards so he feels wanted. And if he does stay, he will know we have ambition for the coming season/seasons to get where he wants anyway.
#

I think he is smart enough to realise that the fans of the team he plays for will love him (wherever he goes) and the opposition fans will abue him wherever he is.

It would be interesting to see how many of the people on here or other forums who have given it the "everyone deserves a second chance" and "he's paid his dues" lines would have been abusing the hell out of him if he would have come to the Ricoh with another side :p

Thats football.

Covstu

I want him to sign but me head says he wont. The flak he gets here from other supporters will subside this season and particularly if he moves clubs but again thats life.

Sbarcher

It's a game of poker. For as long as our contract is on the table, then he has a Plan B. However, if he has no other offers during this period then he (well, his agent) would be getting a bit twitchy. After our offer period expires his safety net has gone and he has to hope there's a better offer around. of course, there could well be but it's a gamble.
We should have closed our offer at then end of the season so we knew for sure how to plan.

sky_blue_up_north

I agree, remember there is no loyalty in football just money

sotv1987

Without wanting to sound as if i'm moaning (or arguing Rich) this thread gives me the feeling of deja vu, we seem to be going on about the same things all the time, "what will be will be" if he signs great, if he doesn't we move on, trust in AT. Sorry to be a miserable twat this morning, just getting fed up with same old same.

MatthewWallis

It would be interesting to see how many of the people on here or other forums who have given it the "everyone deserves a second chance" and "he's paid his dues" lines would have been abusing the hell out of him if he would have come to the Ricoh with another side :p

Thats football.

He has paid his time and I don't care he's been to prison but if he goes to another champ club I will hate him and give him abuse because let's be honest she did say no :)

ajsccfc

I wouldn't like him, but I'd still stick to the view that anyone released from prison by law should be allowed to resume their football career.

skybluesteve76

Without wanting to sound as if i'm moaning (or arguing Rich) this thread gives me the feeling of deja vu, we seem to be going on about the same things all the time, "what will be will be" if he signs great, if he doesn't we move on, trust in AT. Sorry to be a miserable twat this morning, just getting fed up with same old same.
<br />
<br />
Couldn't agree more.

I agree you SOTV this board does seem to be going round in circles. Getting a bit boring tbh. I'm sure it'll spring back to life in the new season. Will he won't he has been the topic of many threads for the last couple of months. I have my view he either will or he won't. His choice will become clear within the next 2 months.

Regis87

Rumour has it that Leicester have made offers to both King and Westwood of £20k a week .
If they don't get to the premiership they will go to Festa

Mr pot

The thought of Marlon at Leicester turns my stomach. It would show how fickle we are when our lot turn on his back. I truly hope he signs for us amid the rumours and he will turn out to one of our most memorable players in recent history. Sign the dotted line I say

hamil99

Facebook User
Think we gotta be offering king around 20k to keep him. surely he's worth it! give him westwoods wages if he buggers off and use the meger transfer budget we've got to sign Murphy and pay his wages!

im-confused

If king ends up in the championship next season with either us or someone else, I think I might put a bet on him to end up as the championship top scorer.

Sutty

The thought of Marlon at Leicester turns my stomach. It would show how fickle we are when our lot turn on his back. I truly hope he signs for us amid the rumours and he will turn out to one of our most memorable players in recent history. Sign the dotted line I say

I wouldn't see it as particularly fickle to be honest. Just about any player at any club would get abuse next season if they left for the local rivals, especially if they've spent the whole season saying how grateful they are to the fans.

I'd be really annoyed if Marlon gave it the whole 'really grateful to the fans, they've been great, I owe them a lot' line, and then moved to Leicester.

rob9872

Sorry mate, ben working (for a change :) )

What are we betting on? I'll be home shortly and log on again later tonight

glamour76

Heard from another forum that king will sign a 3 year deal on Tuesday with a 1.75million buy out clause. From a fitness coach at club apparently. Hope it's true

Tankie

Sorry no! I don't think he will,
And to you..Cov 4 Prem, on your comments about him not going to another Championship side, because our fans love him, a nice sentiment but....there are plenty of sides in the Championship, who could substancially improve the offer we have tabled, whatever it may be. and their fans will soon embrace him too, when he shows them what a big player he is.
Regards Tanktop.....Bedworth

Nick1974

Heard from another forum that king will sign a 3 year deal on Tuesday with a 1.75million buy out clause. From a fitness coach at club apparently. Hope it's true

Not True im afraid, the apparent fitness coach is a member of the gmkonline site, someone on there is just messing about and posting stuff on the football rumours site

Users who are viewing this thread