Marlon King Poll (1 Viewer)

Who has let the fans down?

• The Board - Miscommunication

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Marlon King - Betrayal

Votes: 32 50.0%
  • Marlon King - Fair play at this stage of his career ££££

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • What will be, will be he aint gone yet!

Votes: 14 21.9%

• Total voters
MULTIPLE CHOICE!!

Who has let down the Fans, if anyone.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
If he goes, it will be the club obviously.

Marlon hasn't come out and said he is staying it is the club so it will only be them to blame.

sky_blue_up_north

Marlon hasn't come out and said he is staying it is the club so it will only be them to blame.

So Andy Thorns has told the biggest lie of his life, I don't think so. Marlon you can fuck off

I don't get all this betrayal and hate stuff?

I think the betrayal will be because we got behind him when he came out. The club got behind him (their choice), but the fans are a different matter. We could all have been like that woman that everyone goes on about. booed him with every touch, but we didn't.

Godiva

Have anyone tried to do some calculation?
What is the difference between a 10K/week 2 year contract and a 15K/week 3 year contract?

If you were MK and your agent told you - you can re-sign for Coventry or you can go to Birmingham ... the difference is £1.3mio, what would you do?

If you were the owner of this club and you knew the difference between your offer and the opporsition offer is £1.3mio, knowing the state of the club finances and knowing the player is 31 year old. What would you do?

What is the difference between a 10K/week 2 year contract and a 15K/week 3 year contract?

If you were MK and your agent told you - you can re-sign for Coventry or you can go to Birmingham ... the difference is £1.3mio, what would you do?

If you were the owner of this club and you knew the difference between your offer and the opporsition offer is £1.3mio, knowing the state of the club finances and knowing the player is 31 year old. What would you do?

Sign him up and sell him after a couple of years?

rob9872

I'm not voting in this.

All are applicable imo but none too strongly. IF Marlon goes (and he hasn't yet) then he hasn't let us down, but do feel that if we've offered him a decent contract that he probably owes us some service and loyalty for the faith the cljub and fans have shown in him based on the previous.

As for the miscommunication, well yes, that's exactly what it is, but much as SISU have many faults in the way the club has been run, this isn't one of them. I don't believe there were any sinister reasons in them saying what they thought to be true at the time and the open-ness is what we have all craved.. A little naive perhaps, but nothing more and I'm sure lessons, albeit harsh ones, will have been learned from the episode.

If he does go, good luck to him. We took a gamble that proved to be a decent one - he could have been useless and there would have been none of this, so I guess we were fortunate to have seen him in a City shirt and the reason we are so disgruntled is that he has reminded us just how deficient we have been for so long in the final third.

However, we will have his wages budget which I'm sure would have been the highest at he club, to go out and find a replacement (or possibly 2-3) and Ihave every faith in Thorn and his scouting network that whoever he brings in will be able to do a job.

rob9872

Fwiw I think the agent is probably the real troublemaker and may still be using this as just a lever to get his client the best deal that we can possibly stretch to. He is scum like all agents, but equally is only doing what he is paid to do.

rob9872

It's multiple choice Rob. I thought people might feel that one or more is applicable.

Yeah but if I vote for all of them then it's meaningless. I couldn't hand on heart leave any of those out. Some possibly more strongly than others, but all are valid imo.

rob9872

Sign him up and sell him after a couple of years?

The thing is in a couple of years he may not be 'sellable' and the difference is substantial at over £1m between the two contracts. The sensible approach would be to offer two years with a one year option and the balance between the two contracts based on promotion. If he has faith in his ability then signing wouldn't be an option and we don't take the financial burden/risk.

bamalamafizzfazz

I'm not voting in this.

All are applicable imo but none too strongly. IF Marlon goes (and he hasn't yet) then he hasn't let us down, but do feel that if we've offered him a decent contract that he probably owes us some service and loyalty for the faith the cljub and fans have shown in him based on the previous.

As for the miscommunication, well yes, that's exactly what it is, but much as SISU have many faults in the way the club has been run, this isn't one of them. I don't believe there were any sinister reasons in them saying what they thought to be true at the time and the open-ness is what we have all craved.. A little naive perhaps, but nothing more and I'm sure lessons, albeit harsh ones, will have been learned from the episode.

If he does go, good luck to him. We took a gamble that proved to be a decent one - he could have been useless and there would have been none of this, so I guess we were fortunate to have seen him in a City shirt and the reason we are so disgruntled is that he has reminded us just how deficient we have been for so long in the final third.

However, we will have his wages budget which I'm sure would have been the highest at he club, to go out and find a replacement (or possibly 2-3) and Ihave every faith in Thorn and his scouting network that whoever he brings in will be able to do a job.

There is a reason this guy has 54 likes on this forum, if Thorn is not successful I vote for Rob as next manager :D

rob9872

lol thanks mate :)

Marty

I don't think it would be money based if he did move to the blues. hes spent a good 3 or 4 seasons in the prem earning alot of money, upwards of 30k a week i would of thought. Hes made his money from the game, as long as he hasn't blown it on rubbish then he should be able to live the rest of his life very comfortably. I think the only reason he would go is because it gives him the chance to win things, the chance he won't get with us.

If he does move on, then feel free to abuse him all your want, but at the moment it's just paper talk.

rob9872

I think that he only had one season on £30k p/w so he may well have spent that based on forward projections. He shouldn't be short of a few bob, but I would think this is the last lucrative contract that can set him up for life and that's why it is so important for him. He had a 3 year deal at Wigan which Whelan cancelled on the day of conviction. I think this is why he risked putting himself through the appeal process on release, because if the conviction was quashed he would have been paid up his contract.

Marty

Oh, I thought his contract was paid up by Whelan. I still think it's a fairly valid point that he will still earn alot of money be it with us or blues and which ever contract he goes for will be paying over 500k a season. I think it's more for football reasons then finical.

According to L Brody, Marlon was offered a 3 year contract.

Godiva

According to L Brody, Marlon was offered a 3 year contract.

I tried to locate where Brody actually says the club have offered a 3yr deal, but all I can find is that the club have met MOST of Kings demands.
Please point me to the source of your information.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Does this poll / vote come under the rules of AV? :whistle:

sotv1987

Bit of both i think nick, will not vote until i know anything concrete.

On another note, why did you block Skybluegods post about M king signing, i think at most it is light humour, we have had a shit enough day/week with the Marlon King saga and the post with maybe to get away from the shit, think it a bit harsh to block someones totally inoffensive post.

sotv1987

I'm not voting in this.

Spot on in every way :claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

skybluelee

No problem with him leaving. What I have a problem with is him telling Thorn he would re-sign (last week) and then continued looking for something better elsewhere. If he had remained honest and said he was keeping his options open then fair enough.

I hope he breaks both fcking legs on his debut. And if it happened at the Ricoh, even better.

sotv1987

I don't think it would be money based if he did move to the blues. hes spent a good 3 or 4 seasons in the prem earning alot of money, upwards of 30k a week i would of thought. Hes made his money from the game, as long as he hasn't blown it on rubbish then he should be able to live the rest of his life very comfortably. I think the only reason he would go is because it gives him the chance to win things, the chance he won't get with us.

If he does move on, then feel free to abuse him all your want, but at the moment it's just paper talk.

another great post, got to agree:claping hands:

Jimthor

I tried to locate where Brody actually says the club have offered a 3yr deal, but all I can find is that the club have met MOST of Kings demands.

In a response to me, he said "Don't believe this is an issue...I think we are fine on the term front", and then in the next tweet: "It really is a Red herring. I dont believe that is the issue at all".

Please see below text from twitter:

twitpic_normal.jpg

dar_fitzDarren Fitzpatrick

@lbrody we have to get a 3 year deal in front of MK9, regardless of what was verbally agreed. Could be the diff of playing in #PL next year!

16 hours ago

in reply to ↑
@lbrodyLeonard Brody

@dar_fitz We did put a 3 year deal in front of him...his representative is not telling the whole story. We offered him 3 years.

5 hours agovia Twitter for Mac

sky_blue_up_north

No problem with him leaving. What I have a problem with is him telling Thorn he would re-sign (last week) and then continued looking for something better elsewhere. If he had remained honest and said he was keeping his options open then fair enough.

I hope he breaks both fcking legs on his debut. And if it happened at the Ricoh, even better.

Agree with the first paragraph not sure I'm happy with any player getting their legs broken

flammablepiss

Facebook User
In regards to the Marlon King Saga. I can understand fans wanting a club that is open with them, But this is really just a trust thing more than anything. We want to know about the finance of the club, the way it is being run etc. Telling fans absolutely everything is not always a good thing as i'm sure this has been learnt. Is it not common sense, especially over a big signing to not say he has signed until you have the signature on paper? Anything regarding contracts should be carried out in this way, it is basic business practice. I am pretty sure the club wouldn't have released info early like this if it was another player, say for arguments sake Eastwood or Platt.... So why do it with King ? The same rules should apply. And for those reasons I am disappointed with the naive actions of my club. It is however not all the clubs fault, King's so called agent has been manipulating and playing mind games in order to get where he wants. Apparently he has said on CWR if Coventry matches Birmingham's offer King will stay (I don't know how true it is) but if this is the case he sound like a massive dick! However as it goes his striking ability would be useful at the club and if we think he is worth it then we should lay low and get a higher contract ready so that when he gets back we can take him in a room and get him to sign it there and then! If he doesn't stay though its not the end of the world .. I have faith in Andy Thorn and I'm sure he has had time to think about a plan B by now, especially with some of the great free agents available at the moment. King is not the club!!! We shall march on as we always do! PUSB.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Luke

Definitely the club, the way that we made such a big deal out of him 'verbally agreeing' a contract is embarrassing. It's fine putting it on Coventry MAD, but the OFFICIAL site shouldn't say anything before he signs on the dotted line - they were giving out free videos of all Kings goals last year, making it look like we'd just signed a brand new £20m striker!

Reading Marlons reasons for leaving I have to say he is a complete fucking knob. Club did everything they could but Marlon decided to up and leave after agreeing to stay.

Definitely betrayl by MK

skybluesteve76

Yep complete betrayal by MK. He dud tell thorn he was gonna stay, he's let everyone down badly. It's all in Cov mad if you haven't seen it. Can't be arsed to post it. Bored now!

AlexJohnson93

His goals probably kept us up this season so i'm definately not going to post hate against him. If fans go at him next season then we'll be just like the c****s that gave him dogs abuse last season. And he is 31, was in jail for 18 months and has a young familyt o look after, so if at this stage in his career if he can get £15k a week i don't see why he shouldn't take it. However, he should remember that all of us fans supported him 100% and that when we played Brum in the Cup they pelted him with abusive chants etc.

Users who are viewing this thread