Marlon King committed to Coventry City cause (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Am

http://aggbot.com/link.php?id=13036502&r=tw&c=167

I would love this to be true and the fact that AB has left does not mean he will leave for a free in the summer but can't really honestly see him here next season which will be a shame as he has been excellent.

GaryPendrysEyes

Shame he didnt think a bit more about the Coventry cause before his 2nd sending off and 4 match ban - when we were in the sh*t

smileycov

Facebook User
you seem to have a major problem with King? he is with out doubt head and shoulders above the rest in regards talent, i am sure he wouldnt have wanted 4 games off!
He was kicked to bits all game, and no one really saw the incident clearly anyhow!! However if you raise your hands you are off, that is the rule of the game...so we couldnt argue.

Do you not want great players at our club? cant see many more knocking on the door!!

DazzleTommyDazzle

A fully fit MK with a full pre-season under his belt would be fantastic for next season.

Unfortunately I expect that with our financial position he'll be off elsewhere - but we can hope!

My dad is 80 in a couple of months and hasn't been to a game for months because of ill health. He's normally of the "this lot aren't a patch on Tom Finney / Stanley Mathews etc" persuasion, but on Staurday he was purring about MK's control and movement.

rob9872

His first touch and movement are exactly what has shown the huge void in him and our other players over the past few months. It serves only to remind us just how poor we have been for so long, but I was quickly on his side for that very reason.

Incidentally, I wonder how many of those who argue that we shouldn't have King, were applauding Ian Wallace on Saturday? I'm not judging him either, but just pointing out that he was a wife-beating alcoholic. We are intereted what they do on the pitch for us and King has been nothing short of excellent imo.

Walking Bird

I wonder how many of those who argue that we shouldn't have King, were applauding Ian Wallace on Saturday? I'm not judging him either, but just pointing out that he was a wife-beating alcoholic.

And he had ginger hair!!! :eek:

Lloyd

A fully fit MK with a full pre-season under his belt would be fantastic for next season.

Unfortunately I expect that with our financial position he'll be off elsewhere - but we can hope!

My dad is 80 in a couple of months and hasn't been to a game for months because of ill health. He's normally of the "this lot aren't a patch on Tom Finney / Stanley Mathews etc" persuasion, but on Staurday he was purring about MK's control and movement.

this has been true of quite a few city fans - me amongst them.

i cant help think that he has helped train juke up too?

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
His first touch and movement are exactly what has shown the huge void in him and our other players over the past few months. It serves only to remind us just how poor we have been for so long, but I was quickly on his side for that very reason.

Incidentally, I wonder how many of those who argue that we shouldn't have King, were applauding Ian Wallace on Saturday? I'm not judging him either, but just pointing out that he was a wife-beating alcoholic. We are intereted what they do on the pitch for us and King has been nothing short of excellent imo.

It's a v good point, I hadn't realised this - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/lifest...-idol-s-knife-attack-on-lover--name_page.html

ccfcway

that artile basically says "i will give 100% until i leave"

not a single word about anything beyond the end of the season...

Macca

Marlon is a class player but people on their moral high horses refuse to see this fact.

very true, football has no place for morals anymore. Winning is all that matters, no-one is interested in good behaviour or role models. Sadly if you love football you have to put up with it.

hitmanhearns

that artile basically says "i will give 100% until i leave"

not a single word about anything beyond the end of the season...

yes... what exactly is it that you would love to be true?
he´s in contract and is committed to it...

GaryPendrysEyes

I have no problem in admitting King is a tidy, skillful player-- but I have some realism also, which seems lost on some...

1. He has scored 15 goals in 69 games (15 goals in the last 4 YEARS) that is poor and a serious failing in a striker-- so keep it real; he is not a great striker. Which is why he didnt make it in the Premiership. He is clearly a sub-Premiership player and his career proves it-- reading some stuff you would think he's an international

2. He has problems getting sent off and with injuries-- He's not played half his time with us-- that is a problem! and 2 sendings off (especially the last one) is just unprofessional. Lets not make apologies for the last sending off either-- it wasnt passion it was a rush of blood which is a flaw.

3. The moral/ethical issue is an interesting one. Some fans welcomed MK like a hero before he'd kicked a ball-- what we saw was clearly more about the machismo of having a 'bad boy' than football; some of the misogynist nonsense posted and chanted was a disgrace to the club. Just saying there are other factors at play rather than just football...

4. I can accept a 'rehabilitation' argument btw, although that is more difficult for a repeat offender who has never acknowledged his guilt or expressed regret. You do realise the Ian Wallace story was 25 years after he played for the club, right? and I note Wallace did plead guilty and accept counselling..

Keep it real.

smileycov

Facebook User
What a lot of nonsense!! You say keep it real then spout a load of Jibber Jabber.

15 goals in 4 years!! where has he been for 18 mths prior to us? I have spoken only on what he has done at Cov, and that has been to prove he is far and above our best player - FACT.
He suffered injury at the start of his career with us, due to the aforementioned 18 mths and rushing back to playing. No one is saying that he is the best Premiership player are they? we are in the Championship,what has the Premiership got do with it? that is REAL!!
I am not interested in the moral issues or rehabilitation arguments, that is all beyond my control. I am looking at what MK can and has done for us, i for one would love to see him have full pre-season under his belt and us to continue playing as we have, then IMO he will prove his worth beacuse he has the talent.

Cannot believe you are still going on about his "off field" history, he has proved nothing but proffesional since being at the city. To me that is all that matters.

Thats me keeping it REAL

Nick

Administrator
What does it say for our other players if he has come in and is top scorer with a lot less games? What would he do with a full season and a pre season is the point Smileycov is making and I have to say, I agree!

GaryPendrysEyes

smileycov oh dear, deep breaths fella deeeeep breaths :D.

I deal in the facts, I'll leave the emotion to others. and I only discuss the off the field stuff because others bring it up first...again and again (Ian Wallace in 2005 ffs)

See you ignore the facts-- 15 goals in 69 games, 2 sendings off in a few months, a bad career injury record. Those are serious flaws and I simply point them out to keep it real for those making him sound like a footballing great. He isnt. He was in Wigan reserves and on his way out.

Nick

Administrator
He has the same goals as the other strikers with over 10 games less than them played?

It is ok dealing in facts and looking at the stats but when you watch him play on a Saturday you can see he is a class above?

Coventry La La La

You bring up "goals per game" I only care about the stat relevent to when hes played for us in "the championship!" & when I watch him play hes a class above are other players & is also are top goal scorer and that's all thats relivent to me.

Il Pirata

He's played 69 games for City?

No, he's scored 5 in 18. Considering it would take him several games (at least) to get anywhere near fitness, the restrictive tactics of Boothroyd and how his City career has been stop-start because of his own stupidity then it's a pretty par record. Yes, I know two of those factors are his own fault.

rob9872

Some people like GPE simply have a problem with him. We get that. It wouldn't matter if he scored a hat-trick every game and gave all his money to charity, it still wouldn't be enough.

That's ok though it's their choice, but equally we are entitled to believe what we see and anyone who doesn't think he is much better (as a footballer) than anything else we have or have had for some time, clearly doesn't know a lot about football and I would doubt had played the game to any level at all. His first touch, his movement and intelligent play are akin to anything I have seen here.

Therefore whilst GPE is entitled to their opinion, we are well aware of the facts and don''t need his 'previous' quoted to us at every opportunity to highlight their position. It's like someone trying to spout religion at you and only succeeds in you becoming even more defensive. There is nothing new being said and its a little tiresome now, particularly when it's the only thing they ever post about.

Users who are viewing this thread