Marketing, PR, and the sniper from within. (1 Viewer)

mexico88

Just thought you might like to know:

A good PR company always has 'Sleeper accounts' (now before you say WTF??? - read on...)

'Sleeper accounts' are set up in multiples to engage naturally in forums, twitter, facebook , etc and can post ordinary comments on regular topics. Once these accounts have gathered some history (Posts, tweets, time registered) - people become less suspect when they back a cause or support an opinion.

An organisation like Max Clifford, for arguments sake, has hundreds of fake twitter accounts all running of software to tweet and post. When PR is bad, they activate some backing for a brand or a cause that is receiving bad press - due to the 'history' of the account (Taking part as a regular and contributing to the community) the opinion isn't discounted as there is some sense of the account being 'one of us'

I propose that the clubs PR engine is smarter than you think! There are a few strange posts popping up on this forum today...

EG: "the game shouldn't be expensive and they usually do "Kids for a Quid" and that sort of thing for these games." - 'Lets have a great attendance' "We need the team to concentrate on winning games with the decent enough squad we have available."

Funny that, just when the campaign to boycott is gathering momentum?

If there's a few on here... It means we are getting to them! Back the boycott!

But me and mexico70 are legit! :wave:

Who else is legit and how do we know we can trust ya?

SkyblueCookie

F*ck Sisu, there we are.

ICHAN

I think your one of them mexico for posting this and saying your not one of them, double bluff found you out Amigo.:thinking about::p

Nonleagueherewecome

Mexico, have you ever seen the film, "The Corporation"? The guerilla marketing techniques exposed in that were pretty scary, and it was made quite some time ago. The net has got so very much bigger and more pervasive since then, and that's largely on the back of advertising. Lord only knows just how many dodgy tricks are going on by now!

Cheers for quoting me, I was just stating facts! FA Cup games always have the kids for a quid thing, and thats not just at Coventry, its across every FA Cup game going. I am not apart of SISU in any way! So F*CK off!

smileycov

Facebook User
yea but are kids for a quid are playing............the quid is per week!

Nonleagueherewecome

Oh, and of course, I'm not an infiltrator. But I agree with the OP that such practise is almost certainly going on. I'd also like to work out who Eakin is, as he constantly gauges public opinion by taling about things from here!

Just to confirm:

:blue::blue::blue:

Nonleagueherewecome

"We have in our budget the room to bring in another couple of loan players, and we have had that all the way through the season to date."

Not much needs saying about this one, but I'm pretty sure that by this points his pants were on fire!

rob9872

I think I'm ok. It would be an amazing bluff if I wasn't after some of my rants but then I guess you may have noticed my picture.

Nonleagueherewecome

"When I came in..(I) tried to get Marlon King to stay as hard as I could but I couldn’t compete with Birmingham, it was as simple as that."

LIE, not so simple!. He offered King the 3 years, then sent him an offer for 2 years. Only a conspiracy theorist would suggest that such a volte farce was intended to ensure that the expensive King wouldn't sign, of course ;)

Nonleagueherewecome

"Who would ever have thought it would have taken Leeds so long to get back to the top flight."

Any one who knows football? Leeds were an old Division 1 side throughout much of my late 70's and 80's childhood. Wolves went all the way down to the bottom flight. And why Leeds? Forest or Sheff Wed would have been a better comparison, they've spent more time in L1 of late and look no closer to a return to the top flight. He's got Leeds and Southampton on the brain, perhaps not surprisingly...(boycott/old job/Bates "issues"..)

Nonleagueherewecome

"The average player in the Premier League is getting about £15-17,000"

Try at least doubling that, pal!

Nonleagueherewecome

"It’s a terrible idea (admin), as is relegation."

See above for why admin will not happen under SISU.

Now relegation as an "idea", there's a concept that my old Philosophy-studying Swindon Town-supporting Uni housemate would have loved getting his teeth into! It's certainly a novel concept. It may be worth pointing out to Ken that we may not however have much choice in this matter-unless perhaps by guaranteeing it through chronic under-funding and mismanagement?

"The average player in the Premier League is getting about £15-17,000"

Try at least doubling that, pal!

NLHWC,

Just an update:

Average Prem "wage" is currently £21,000 per week - excluding;

Bonus
Sponsorships
Endorsements
Image Rights
Personal Appearances

The above "add ons" usually generate double the basic wage thus your looking at an average salary of:

£42,000 per week or
£2,184,000 per annum

That is for an average Prem player !!!

Unbelievable
Unsustainable
Uneccessary

Don't start me on Man City's weekly wage circa £150,000-£250,000 per week = £7,8000,000-£13,000,000 per annum

Makes the bankers look angelic

ps: source for the above "Sunday Mirror Football"

PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread