Mark Robins (3 Viewers)

Londonccfcfan

Long may it continue. One if not the only one thing the owners have got right during their incompetent tenure

This season he’s doing it on a budget no where near the top 6! Maybe even top 10.

Quite remarkable. But just got to show how crucial it is for us to produce/recruit young quality players at this level like MaCallum/Shipley/Hyam/Zain/Rose.....from under 18s/Under23s deveopement. All integral part of our first team.

usskyblue

Do we know the budget for this season?

giphy.gif

Grendel

Sunderland’s and Ipswich budgets are easily highest by most accounts.

Top 7 budgets.

Sunderland
Ipswich
Portsmouth
Blackpool
Posh
Oxford
Rotherham

Anyone think we have higher than any of them?

What are their budgets? I have no idea?

rob9872

I dont know about transfer budgers or fees, but I have heard direct that some of the players are on quote 'proper money this season for the level' and that had Bayliss not moved on, then with reduced income eg crowds, we were close on FFP regulations. Possibly explains why we got a couple of lads Championship sides were looking at, although sadly some of those more exoensive were Jobello out for the season, Allen who's barely played & Kastaneer who hasn't exactly hit the ground running for us. Also one of the top earners last season was Junior Brown & I doubt Scunthorpe are covering much of his salary.

Last edited:
Reactions: TTG

Londonccfcfan

What do you define as a budget? Do you have any data or are you drunk again?

Lol you need someone to give you data. Fuck your dumb.

Who has a bigger budget. Sunderland or Cov....erm let me get you the data....lol

You don’t have to be a genius or have facts and figures at hand to realise we cannot even get close to matching Sunderland, Ipswich or Pompys playing Budget wether you break it down on Wage bill or transfer fee spend.

So you think we have a bigger budget than who?

SlowerThanPlatt

He knows the answer some just like to argue for the sake of it.

As they cannot bear the fact Robins is over achieving.

Burton were a Championship club 2 seasons ago so you would imagine they have a very decent budget at this level but we took 2 players they wanted to keep?

Londonccfcfan

No they dont know but seriously do you think we would be in the top 7 or 8 I dont.

Most balanced individuals
Burton were a Championship club 2 seasons ago so you would imagine they have a very decent budget at this level but we took 2 players they wanted to keep?

Agree, I don’t think Burton have. A top 8 or ten budget. Difficult to on attendances of 3/4 k at best like Fleetwood who are financed by multi millionaire.

Ipswich , Sunderland and poppy have average crowds of 20k.they on different level altogether.

Hence can understand the incessant pressure on their managers. They massively underachieving.

SlowerThanPlatt

Since we’ve been back in L1 I think the only division rival we’ve lost a player to is Sunderland?

Yet we took Ogogo and Brown from Shrewsbury the year they finished third in L1 despite coming up from L2 and this Marosi from Doncaster and Allen and McFadzean from Burton

Londonccfcfan

Since we’ve been back in L1 I think the only division rival we’ve lost a player to is Sunderland?

Yet we took Ogogo and Brown from Shrewsbury the year they finished third in L1 despite coming up from L2 and this Marosi from Doncaster and Allen and McFadzean from Burton

One thing I will say which I’m very impressed about is the improved deals contracts to management.

Reactions: TTG

Grendel

Lol you need someone to give you data. Fuck your dumb.

Who has a bigger budget. Sunderland or Cov....erm let me get you the data....lol

You don’t have to be a genius or have facts and figures at hand to realise we cannot even get close to matching Sunderland, Ipswich or Pompys playing Budget wether you break it down on Wage bill or transfer fee spend.

So you think we have a bigger budget than who?

No because Sunderland on the calculation will have a higher budget but have to sell players to reduce it so the term budget means nothing at all. We when we sold Chaplin could immediately spend £750,000 on a replacement - Sunderland May not have been able to.

The team with the highest budget could also have in theory the lowest spend as it operates well within it and another club could go well over it.

We often have sold players - Madison and Baylis as prime examples - as we I assume had reached the top of the approved level

Sunderland’s wage bill is 20 times higher than fan revenue so if that’s what we mean they are higher than every club so so what?

Wycombe have a ceiling of under £2 million which is around 30% below us do are they massively better?

theferret

We have players on decent wages this season, and we've paid some quite hefty transfer fees in the past couple of years. Yes, they have been financed through player sales, so the net spend is negative, but if you're brining in the likes of Godden for 750K and players as highly rated as Allen, you have to be paying wages that are appropriate and attractive enough for them to come here in the 1st place. Of course we're some way short of Sunderland, Ipswich and several others, but it will still be a top half budget. I'm guessing, but then so is everyone else.

Londonccfcfan

We have players on decent wages this season, and we've paid some quite hefty transfer fees in the past couple of years. Yes, they have been financed through player sales, so the net spend is negative, but if you're brining in the likes of Godden for 750K and players as highly rated as Allen, you have to be paying wages that are appropriate and attractive enough for them to come here in the 1st place. Of course we're some way short of Sunderland, Ipswich and several others, but it will still be a top half budget. I'm guessing, but then so is everyone else.

Chaplin sold for 750k...who said it’s always undisclosed.

As was Godden. Undisclosed.

Grendel

The point we are making is does anyone think we have a top 6 budget yes or no.

I think no. Hence Robins overachieving currently.

Then so is Ainsworth - the fact is you can’t define what you mean

theferret

Chaplin sold for 750k...who said it’s always undisclosed.

As was Godden. Undisclosed.

It's kind of irrelevant, the point was about wages really, because we know money spent of transfers will be negative.

Godden was meant to be undisclosed, but the Peterborough chairman let it slip. It was 734K iirc.

Londonccfcfan

It's kind of irrelevant, the point was about wages really, because we know money spent of transfers will be negative.

Godden was meant to be undisclosed, but the Peterborough chairman let it slip. It was 734K iirc.

The most reliable source. Let it slip....

Users who are viewing this thread