Mark Robins is a top candidate for the Coventry manager job (1 Viewer)

notacovfan

Hi there,

I am not a Coventry fan but have heard today that Mark Robins is one of the leading candidates for the manager job at the Ricoh. Apparently he very nearly got the job before Thorne was given it full time. Fits the bill having made Rotherham and Barnsley perform above expectation with a limited budget. He is one of the managers to be interviewed and stands a good chance of getting the job, especially as no compo would be needed. He also came close to getting Brum job in the summer. Was told this today by someone who worked with Robins at Barnsley, where he fell out with the board.

skyblueman

Yep I'd be content with that - must admit I'm sh#tting myself with some of the names being flung about on here - please end this misery soon!!!!

SkyBlue_Bear83

btw I love the way you stress you are not a Cov fan in your name and post as if you wish to distance yourself as far away as possible from our club

Good decision

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'd be pretty happy with his appointment. Did make the Barnsley squad look ok if I remember correctly?
He kept them up which I assume is always there aim at the beginning of the season with no disrespect to them

Didn't pull up any trees while he was there but did a steady job by all accounts

@richh87

Does Robins tolerate players who are total p*ssies? If he does then no thanks. I want a manager who they'll be scared of.

SkyBlue_Bear83

The fans will like Robbins as they have actually heard of him.
I don't think so, I think the fact that we have a bit of knowledge on him means we can more accurately form an opinion on his suitability for the job. A lot of us have heard of Ince, Dickov but I don't see the fans liking them

It is natural fans will be more wary of an unknown quantity, doesn't mean they are opposed to him

Users who are viewing this thread