Mark Robins asks City Fans to be patient (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
But I just say to them keep coming because things will change and will keep improving. We need the supporters to stay with it because otherwise the anxiety creeps on to the pitch and they’ll start slashing at things and it will go back to football we don’t want to see.

Sounds promising I guess?

hill83

I'm always patient, until we concede in the last ten minutes, then I'm straight to the pub in a rage.

Nick

Administrator
I think the fact he seems so sure things will turn around is a good sign. Obviously there is a chance they won't so I am not saying because he said it, it is true it is just his confidence that reassures!

aodea

I belive he will turn things around. My thinking is it will take awhile but my prediction is this time next year things will be looking a lot brighter. I am not worried about how we have prefrormed so far as only feel we have been outplayed a few times so he will drag us up the table.

Robbins is aware of the problems and understands there is no quick fix and thats exactly what we need some realisum and some pride in the club.

Voice_of_Reason

I belive he will turn things around. My thinking is it will take awhile but my prediction is this time next year things will be looking a lot brighter. I am not worried about how we have prefrormed so far as only feel we have been outplayed a few times so he will drag us up the table.

Robbins is aware of the problems and understands there is no quick fix and thats exactly what we need some realisum and some pride in the club.

Exactly what I was saying in my post yesterday -- "Realism at last" (why is it that one thread topic can completely change into another topic so quickly!)

singers_pore

I thought his most interesting (and damning) comment was on the players' lack of fitness:

we have got players who have not necessarily been at 100 per cent in terms of where we’re at physically, so we’ve had those things to work on and it does take time, and we’ll continue to work with them. There has been testing done and we fall a little bit below the expected line at the moment, but they are giving me everything they have got.

Disorganised1

I suppose for the first 40 years of supporting the City it was all pleasure ~ but I'm getting fed up with the pain after only 13 years.

ajsccfc

The fella who was guesting on the radio Saturday was talking almost in defence of Robins as if people are already getting on his back. That can't be right can it? He's been here about 10 minutes.

chiefdave

The fella who was guesting on the radio Saturday was talking almost in defence of Robins as if people are already getting on his back. That can't be right can it? He's been here about 10 minutes.
I've heard a couple of people near seriously talking about why Robbins should go, doesn't take long does it!

skybluebeduff

"Be patient, no quick fix e.t.c...." Sorry but I've heard these lines before then had to witness 2 relegation's, I'm 28 and now have less hair than Rooney, I have a brilliant family life but match days is where my patience wears a bit thin! (forgive the pun)

They have until im 30 in February 2014, then I'm done with football if we're still in the bottom half of whatever league, I'll watch Beduff Utd instead if I get the urge to see a game.... :facepalm:

aodea

"Be patient, no quick fix e.t.c...." Sorry but I've heard these lines before then had to witness 2 relegation's, I'm 28 and now have less hair than Rooney, I have a brilliant family life but match days is where my patience wears a bit thin! (forgive the pun)

They have until im 30 in February 2014, then I'm done with football if we're still in the bottom half of whatever league, I'll watch Beduff Utd instead if I get the urge to see a game.... :facepalm:

im also 28 and the joys i have had from supporting Coventry are to be found in a good win here and there. But realistically mate you might stop going to matches but you will neverstop looking for results yur team is your team. yes it sucks that we are in this state but clubs go through this and bounce back. Being a sky blue is what we do so dont say you will quit in feb 2014 because you wont. (and if you think you could really just walk away then no point waiting).

Good times will come again thats what i belive in and till then i think of times with ndluvu, Quinn, Dublin, froggert, keane, whelen, Huckerby, Nillsion, mcallister hell even the juke and King gave me some memories.

Grendel

I've heard a couple of people near seriously talking about why Robbins should go, doesn't take long does it!

The only people who will say that are those who are blind to the complete shambles he has inherited.

Black6Osprey

What else is the guy going to say though "We are never going to turn this around we are all doomed" or maybe "I expect 7 wins in row no problem".

They are just statements for something to say and I'm sure he believes it but its all blah blah really. I'm fed up with endless promises and time frames.

Operation Premiership, 3 year plan, err another 3 year plan, bounce back budget, consolidate budget, err 3 year plan, it takes time zzzzzzzz

cloughie

I thought his most interesting (and damning) comment was on the players' lack of fitness:

Agree, I to find that these players were not fit and are still not there yet an indication of the lack of professionalism that was inherited from Thorn.

Moff

I respect the fact he is honest and says it as kit is.

We do need time, he cant work wonders immediatly, and must work on getting the players to play his way, whilst most shockingly of all getting them fit after the shambles of the previous management team.

I will be patient as I see us getting stronger as the season progresses.
Just my opinion but I am optimistic with what Robins has done so far.

Covstu

i agree Moff, the team needs 10 games at least to bed in to the new way of playing and lets face it we have seen a better, more compeitive side since Robins has come in compared to AT. The key is to retain McGoldrick even until the end of the season as without his firepower we are dead in the water.

At the start of the season i would have expected a playoff place but now i would expect top 12 BUT expect promotion the following year.

Evans1883

There were fans arguing in block 16-17 Saturday over a certain Carl baker ..ignoring the fact he'd had a pretty decent month for the club ..and my mate said fans were arguing fighting in the telegraph about the team..our fans have ZERO patience

Baginton

Roll on the summer, Robins will get rid of the dead wood and start to build his own squad, ready for next seasons promotion push... too many passangers, in the huge squad.

This season is about stopping the rot, getting the best out of the current crop of players, getting confidence back in the team.

Stoppercurtis

Robins has the right to ask for us to be patient, trouble is that after nearly 60 years I have lost count of how many mangers have asked for the same thing! I do think this guy however will be given the time a) because he deserves it and b) because we have no other option.

I reckon that there are only about 8,500 core supporters left. Who else can remmeber that day in May 1967 when 54,000 turned up to watch us play Wolves to decide who won the Champions cup for what is now Championship (we won by the way) How the mightly have fallen!

Stopper

Disorganised1

I was there ~ mind you I reckon if everybody who says they were there - were there - the crowd was more like 90,000 :D

Grendel

There were fans arguing in block 16-17 Saturday over a certain Carl baker ..ignoring the fact he'd had a pretty decent month for the club ..and my mate said fans were arguing fighting in the telegraph about the team..our fans have ZERO patience

I would say that any fan who applauds a pretty decent month from a player who has been complete tripe for 3 years is very patient.

He was tripe again on Saturday. The bench mark is so low for Baker that even showing effort gets him plaudits.

Brighton Sky Blue

I would say that any fan who applauds a pretty decent month from a player who has been complete tripe for 3 years is very patient.

He was tripe again on Saturday. The bench mark is so low for Baker that even showing effort gets him plaudits.

Our only hope is that there's a birthday in his family every Saturday for the rest of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread