Mark Robbins on Radio 4 (1 Viewer)

Flying Fokker

Mark Robins on Radio 4

Just spoke about the McColdrick saga, the commitment of the players, great bunch of lads. It is his birthday today.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4232

Cool dude, thanks for letting us know. Now what did he say about each topic?

Flying Fokker

4 games coming up. Not going to comment on any of the McGoldrick situation other than to say he is with us for the next few games.

Praised the away travelling support and said that the home crowd were scattered around the stadium and therefore the only way to get everyone singing is to play some attractive football. Fans are coming back and he wants to continue the run.

Asked about the stadium situation and said that it is ongoing but said he knew little of developments.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01pf5cs I guess 1 hours 28 mins in to broadcast when it is up. amended time slot.

Last edited:

Otis

There goes another rib!

Wasn't meant to be funny, FF.

Just think if he's our manager the least we could do is to spell his name right. Been a number of threads on here correcting people and saying it's Robins and not Robbins, so there is no excuse really.

Unless you have a sticky 'b' on your keyboard of course.

torchomatic

And of course, that extra B was so vitally important that none of us knew who he meant? Mark Robbins? Mmm....never heard of him.

Wasn't meant to be funny, FF.

Just think if he's our manager the least we could do is to spell his name right. Been a number of threads on here correcting people and saying it's Robins and not Robbins, so there is no excuse really.

Unless you have a sticky 'b' on your keyboard of course.

Otis

No, it's not that though Torch. It's that when he came some were getting his name wrong and that was fine then. He has new and he wasn't ours.

He's been here some time now and he is ours and there have been a number of threads on here asking people to spell his name right. Surely that is the least we can do for our own manager isn't it?

It's embarrassing otherwise. Fans who can't even spell the name of their own manager right.

Or maybe we should just call Jimmy Hill Jimi Hilll?

Robins is not a hard name to spell is it. It's not like the Edge or Oggy.

Flying Fokker

I don't want to go in to much detail Otis but spelling Mark Robins' name is the least of my concerns at the moment.

Season ticket holder not been able to go because of life threatening illness.

Munch.

hamil99

Facebook User
No, it's not that though Torch. It's that when he came some were getting his name wrong and that was fine then. He has new and he wasn't ours.

He's been here some time now and he is ours and there have been a number of threads on here asking people to spell his name right. Surely that is the least we can do for our own manager isn't it?

It's embarrassing otherwise. Fans who can't even spell the name of their own manager right.

Or maybe we should just call Jimmy Hill Jimi Hilll?

Robins is not a hard name to spell is it. It's not like the Edge or Oggy.

Otis, I have highlighted a sentence with a grammatical error. Could you please change it as I find it an offensive miss use of English. You should be ashamed of yourself, having a mistake in a post bitching about others, tut, tut....

Waldorf

Otis, I have highlighted a sentence with a grammatical error. Could you please change it as I find it an offensive miss use of English. You should be ashamed of yourself, having a mistake in a post bitching about others, tut, tut....

I think you mean "misuse".

Oh, and maybe you can explain what exactly was wrong with Otis' post?

Mucca Mad Boys

Everyone needs to stop being picky on here! Jeez.

But in all seriousness, it's Robins, not Robbins!

Covstu

fucking chill out people! Its not a spelling or grammar competition, I think we have missed the point of thread slightly here!

Waldorf

OK, to get away from the sarcasm et al: if they're talking about us on the Today programme's sports desk, then people really are sitting up and taking notice. It's usually reserved for Premier League, Rugby internationals and dodgy horse racing tips.

hamil99

Facebook User
I wasn't going to carry this on, but when someone insults me ...

I see what's wrong with the first bit, which I took to be a typo. But I see nothing wrong with "is" and "have".

So couldn't the extra 'b' in Robbins be a typo? Was it worth having a go at the guy about? No, it isn't. Spelling mistakes happen, so pointing them out is petty. That's the point I was making. I make mistakes all the time, and it pisses me off when big headed people try to put others down due to spelling. This isn't a English class..

hamil99

Facebook User
On another note, I have a couple of severely dyslexic mates who don't chat on here anymore due to being ridiculed on thier spelling. The thing is you could still understand what they were saying, just the spelling was wrong. Sickens me how some people are....

Otis

Typo error. Have no problem with typo errors. Been far too many people calling Robins 'Robbins' for them to be a typo.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

Otis

On another note, I have a couple of severely dyslexic mates who don't chat on here anymore due to being ridiculed on thier spelling. The thing is you could still understand what they were saying, just the spelling was wrong. Sickens me how some people are....

I worked for a dyslexic charity for many, many years, so would probably know more about dyslexia than will learn in your lifetime. If you are 'sickened' so easily then I feel sorry fof you. Wasn't having a go at the bloke, just saying it is a simple enough name to get right. I recall Rich, the mod starting an almost exact same thread a few weeks back and that didn't cause any kind of ripples at all.

hamil99

Facebook User
I worked for a dyslexic charity for many, many years, so would probably know more about dyslexia than will learn in your lifetime. If you are 'sickened' so easily then I feel sorry fof you. Wasn't having a go at the bloke, just saying it is a simple enough name to get right. I recall Rich, the mod starting an almost exact same thread a few weeks back and that didn't cause any kind of ripples at all.

I wasn't sickened by your post. What does sicken me is people beating others down for very small grammatical errors. If u worked for a dyslexic charity you should know how hard it can be for people with sereve dyslexic to work up the courage to even comment on a forum like this. You should also know how easy it is to smash that confidence. If he'd got the name completely wrong I could understand, but criticising a person over an extra b is unnecessary.

Otis

I wasn't sickened by your post. What does sicken me is people beating others down for very small grammatical errors. If u worked for a dyslexic charity you should know how hard it can be for people with sereve dyslexic to work up the courage to even comment on a forum like this. You should also know how easy it is to smash that confidence. If he'd got the name completely wrong I could understand, but criticising a person over an extra b is unnecessary.

Think you are taking it all too seriouly. When Robins came a few people were getting his name wrong for two or three weeks. Then someone pointed it out that it was only one 'r' and then it was mentioned a number of times since. None of those posts caused any argument, so I am puzzled as to why this one has.

Wish I'd never mentioned it now. Just think it would nice to get the name of our own manager right. Can't believe it's ten mins to a very important game and we're quarreling over an 'r.' ;-)

hamil99

Facebook User
Think you are taking it all too seriouly. When Robins came a few people were getting his name wrong for two or three weeks. Then someone pointed it out that it was only one 'r' and then it was mentioned a number of times since. None of those posts caused any argument, so I am puzzled as to why this one has.

Wish I'd never mentioned it now. Just think it would nice to get the name of our own manager right. Can't believe it's ten mins to a very important game and we're quarreling over an 'r.' ;-)

Your right mate. To be honest its fresh on my mind this morning as I was talking to a friend last night about this exact topic and how he struggles. I might of blown up a bit and therefore I do apologize.

PUSB let's smash Preston.

Users who are viewing this thread