Mark Labovitch's time at CCFC in quotes (1 Viewer)

Kingokings204

I personally love "the ricoh has dingy offices" and "very magnanimous of Joy not to ask the charity to cover our costs"

The man is a magician with words.

duffer

The quotes I liked best were the misquotes. ;)

Can't say that I'll miss ML much. Out of all of the recent directors (even including the utterly barmy Orange Ken), he seemed the most divisive. Some people seem to delight in spin, confusion, and provocation - getting shot of him is a smart move.

Grendel

I think the article tells you more about its author than anyone else.

ccfcway

That'll be even better.

"Two turkeys does not an eagle make"

"If you build it, they will come"

"7000 if we're doing well at Sixfields"

"You'll be back after 3 games"

it will be heard by 3 senior judges !

I don't posture

letsallsingtogether

Then there was the, councillors and employees will be imprisoned when it all comes out in the JR, saying they lied and did not follow procedures set by the government......

Johnnythespider

"Given the evidence and submissions we were very surprised by the verdict"
"We believe it is wrong in law and in fact"

Yes Tim !

Waldorf

That'll be even better.

"Two turkeys does not an eagle make"

"If you build it, they will come"

"7000 if we're doing well at Sixfields"

"You'll be back after 3 games"

"We're a distressed Hedge Fund. We batter people in court. It's what we do"

Houdi

I personally love "the ricoh has dingy offices" and "very magnanimous of Joy not to ask the charity to cover our costs"

The man is a magician with words.

Yep he is a like an enraged baboon who has just been given the contents of a scrabble bag.:claping hands:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
In my opinion Mr Labovitch was a hinderance in all that went on. He was brought in it seems to muddy the waters and to distract attention, which he frequently did. That is possibly seen by SISU/TF/JS as a useful and successful contribution. But in the end did he become a liability even for them, it seemed even they couldn't trust what he was going to say next.

From a fans point of view it is hard to recollect anything that he added positively to and in the end in the eyes of many fans he became a bit of a parody.

I do not think he will be missed or remembered with any affection by most fans.

Just an opinion others may see it differently

DazzleTommyDazzle

Like many on here, I met ML and following that meeting I had a number of telephone conversations and email exchanges with him.

I have to say that on a one to one basis, I found him OK.

He always claimed to be pushing for a return to the Ricoh on the sort of basis that we've just seen. If he did play any significant part in that, then I at least would be grateful.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I read on here DTD that ML had apparently said this latest deal was the same one that was agreed in Jan 2013. Not sure if true. But wasn't that a deal that ACL thought was agreed and SISU walked away from?

Equally the current deal it seems is basically a pay as you play deal for 2 years with an extension possible for another 2 years. It only gives the club a share (%age?) of F&B and other match incomes. The club is pretty much on a standing with anyone else that wants to hire the stadium with no long term tenure. Is that really the deal any of the directors set out to achieve for the club in 2012? His assertions only work if there really is a fantasy stadium being built and there is no current evidence of that.

letsallsingtogether

That is the reply I got from ML when I text him," About bloody time.".

Reply Text from ML "We did offer his deal in January 2013, they rejected it then but thankfully they've accepted now after a load of aggro none of us needed!"

I read on here DTD that ML had apparently said this latest deal was the same one that was agreed in Jan 2013. Not sure if true. But wasn't that a deal that ACL thought was agreed and SISU walked away from?

Equally the current deal it seems is basically a pay as you play deal for 2 years with an extension possible for another 2 years. It only gives the club a share (%age?) of F&B and other match incomes. The club is pretty much on a standing with anyone else that wants to hire the stadium with no long term tenure. Is that really the deal any of the directors set out to achieve for the club in 2012? His assertions only work if there really is a fantasy stadium being built and there is no current evidence of that.

TheOldFive

I think that you are both right, the general principles of the deal were close to being shook upon (might have even been that cordial handshake on departure that everyone got excited by as being contractually binding) but the showstopper was the Sisu clarification post meeting that the rental arrangement was temporary and that they wanted breaks so they could relocate. That has all been largely put to one side now and the shift of language of "until we own our own stadium" rather than "until we build our own stadium" is the orwellesque compromise from Sisu/Otium. You could say all this heartache since then has been for nothing and certainly the continuation of the rent strike, the Administration with points deduction and the move to Sixfields were borne of it all, but the fundamental issue of discord was the point driving the JR. It always was and shall continue to be about control of the business cashflows generated from The Ricoh.

Reply Text from ML "We did offer his deal in January 2013, they rejected it then but thankfully they've accepted now after a load of aggro none of us needed!"

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
This ..........

It always was and shall continue to be about control of the business cashflows generated from The Ricoh.

although I would add the words and a capital return to that statement. The saga hasn't ended yet.....

TheOldFive

This ..........

although I would add the words and a capital return to that statement. The saga hasn't ended yet.....

Good point, I wouldn't argue with that and stand corrected. Thinking about it, this Ricoh return has strengthened rather than diminished Sisu's long term position in many ways hasn't it? Perhaps for a few weeks at least we shouldn't let that concern us, and just enjoy the return.

Astute

All this crap would be funny if the future of our club wasn't at stake.

So all they want is the pitch and stands 23 times a year. No dingy offices. No ticket office. No shop. But they want all the income generated from the rest of the arena that has nothing to do with the football side and don't want to pay anything to secure it.

Any normal person would want to build bridges. Pay off Higgs. This would give a 50% share in ACL. Then negotiate with CCC for the projected lifetime of the arena. All this could be done for less than the income lost by going to Northampton and legal expenses. All this could have been done during the so called road map. But SISU got greedy.

It now looks like the legal battle is over. SISU never got their own way even when making several threats during the legal process including taking legal action against CCC councilors. And now Timothy starts the threats of leaving if they can't get full control of the arena. Silly boy. If CCC were not going to back down when there was ongoing litigation why will they now?

So Timothy has found some land. Is he hoping that a supermarket chain will want and be able to have a building there? Bad news Timothy. Their profits are down. The cheapo stores are taking over. Gone are the days of putting 60m into the build of a store. So he would have to raise millions. Has he now noticed that we will turn up in Coventry but most will not if away from Coventry?

So they could raise the money for a cheap stadium out of the city. Income 23 days of the year? How many years would this take to pay back? Or he could keep his big gob shut and not pay much to negotiate what would be a money spinner.

dongonzalos

I think he is referring to when TF requested A 5 year deal at the Ricoh whilst building a new stadium. This was prior to Cov leaving and was rejected straight away. So I imagine the specifics were never delved into back then.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Good point, I wouldn't argue with that and stand corrected. Thinking about it, this Ricoh return has strengthened rather than diminished Sisu's long term position in many ways hasn't it? Perhaps for a few weeks at least we shouldn't let that concern us, and just enjoy the return.

Not so sure it is greatly strengthened ...... but agree that's a discussion for another time.

Looking forward to having the boys back at the Ricoh PUSB's !!!

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I haven't believed many of his public protestations and claims, so I believe that an identical deal was rejected in January 2013 as much as I would if I'd received the text from Aldridge Prior himself...

Users who are viewing this thread