Mark Labovitch re administration (1 Viewer)

J

Jack Griffin

You can see the cigarette butts and litter for yourself. No need for photographic evidence.

Where is that supposed to be then, in the conference facilities (what i was talking about)? LOL.. your words are not backed up by evidence... lets see it.. this is what they advertise, is that a lie? Say it or shut up!

JagClub004736.jpg

Aylesford_1.JPG

grego_gee

grego .................. accounts go to 31st May 2012 .............. the Olympics were in August 2012

CCFC rent in 2012 ACL figs = approx 17%

if new rent at 400k and all other income same then Turnover would be around 6.9m and rent for ccfc would be approx 6% of total

Yes ob, I no when the olympics were! We don,t know when the payments were received, could not some have been in advance at least in part?
Do you have the ACL turnover for the previous year?

:pimp:

Grendel

Which one did you book?

We have had main conference rooms which hold between 40 and 60 people which are housed right at the top of the corporate facility - presidents lounge? Not sure.

Access via small lifts. Then amble round miles and miles of corridors. Poor meet and greet and the projector screen didn't work. Food acceptable.

For a small meeting we were placed in a bedroom smaller than my room at home. 10 people cramped. The adjoining bedroom was used to provide food. Real decline here. Resembled something from a working mans club buffet.

No engagement from staff. No other delegates visible. Very depressing. Didn't go back.

Grendel

Where is that supposed to be then, in the conference facilities (what i was talking about)? LOL.. your words are not backed up by evidence... lets see it.. this is what they advertise, is that a lie? Say it or shut up!

JagClub004736.jpg

Aylesford_1.JPG

Your top picture looks like the restaurant we were going to dine in on one of our "bedroom" experiences. The helpful staff told us there would be a 40 minute wait to be served. One would have thought there would have been a booking facility in the morning but we were never told if this.

We ended up buying baguettes from a subway type place in the concourse.

That day went really well. On leaving my complimentary car park ticket didn't work and it took several presses of the intercom and a long explanation before being allowed out.

The walk up to the venue is horrendous. It's remiscent of the burges in the 80's. concrete dirty and empty.

Been to hundreds of conferences and its probably the second worst. Went to one in Manchester that was even worse.

J

Jack Griffin

So no evidence then, OK, you can't substantiate your claim.. sorry I don't believe you..

Grendel

So no evidence then, OK, you can't substantiate your claim.. sorry I don't believe you..

I see. So MMM makes a statement about thousands happy with the arena as a concert venue. Do you want evidence to support that claim as well?

The notion I have to provide photographic evidence is hilarious. I suggest you go in one day and have a walk round. You won't like what you see.

shropshirecov

I notice a new trend here, ferrett & Genduffy trying to establish a myth that the Ricoh conference facilities are "'poor and in decline. "

MORE BOLLOCKS! please itemise the rationale.. I don't think you have any real basis for such a slur.. come on show me, lets see some pictures of worn furniture, tatty decor or something CONCRETE to substantiate this argument.. frankly I don't believe it for a minute.

I notice a trend, those sticking up for the Arena are the same posters who seem to think the club should pay 1.2 million a year rent

Grendel

I notice a trend, those sticking up for the Arena are the same posters who seem to think the club should pay 1.2 million a year rent

There is certainly a trend about what interests people the most. If people like jack had as much passion for the football club as they do for ACL we would be in a far better place than we are.

procdoc

There is certainly a trend about what interests people the most. If people like jack had as much passion for the football club as they do for ACL we would be in a far better place than we are.

You speak some utter tripe. Everyone wants what is best. ACL have offered lower rent, match day revenues and our wonderful owners rejected it. That's the best offer on the table and is a good offer considering what we would be paying otherwise.

J

Jack Griffin

My passion is for Coventry, where I was born & live, where my Mum, Dad & their families were bombed, grew up, lived, worked & died, not just the football club.. that is so one dimensional.

SISU are not going the right way about bringing the joy of success back to the City
ccfcbu10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Grendel

You speak some utter tripe. Everyone wants what is best. ACL have offered lower rent, match day revenues and our wonderful owners rejected it. That's the best offer on the table and is a good offer considering what we would be paying otherwise.

So having charged 6 times the championship league average we now are supposed to be grateful for an offer of twice the average in this league having paid over the odds for nearly a decade.

You sound foolish.

stupot07

My passion is for Coventry, where I was born & live, where my Mum, Dad & their families were bombed, grew up, lived, worked & died, not just the football club.. that is so one dimensional.

SISU are not going the right way about bringing the joy of success back to the City
ccfcbu10.jpg

Is this you celebrating the potential demise of Sisu?

procdoc

So having charged 6 times the championship league average we now are supposed to be grateful for an offer of twice the average in this league having paid over the odds for nearly a decade.

You sound foolish.

It was over the odds, we all know that. Sisu could have negotiated a better rent deal when they took over though. It's only when they (not ACL) got us relegated and made us a laughing stock in the process that the rent became the issue it is today. The offer from ACL is the best they were going to get.

Waldorf

You sound foolish.

It's a rent CCFC say they are perfectly happy about. Apparently it's now all about the F&B income.

skybluesham

Acl wood be better off putting a roof on the arena and using it all year round for concerts, not that I want to see cov homeless or gone bust but all this bollocks has got to stop. I've been a fan for 35 years but enough is enough. It's so boring I just wish the end wood hurry up so that we can get on with our lives.

cloughie

It's a rent CCFC say they are perfectly happy about. Apparently it's now all about the F&B income.

Obviouslly the next issue will be fag ends in the stadium and the disengaged staff:whistle:

But then that would be true in a non smoking venue ;)

BurbageSkyBlues

Robo
The auditors only just signed off on those ACL accounts. As part of standard audit procedure, auditors must take into account "subsequent events" right up to the moment that they sign off on the audit report, so it is guaranteed that the auditors are fully aware of the non-payment of rent and the threat by SISU to leave the Ricoh and renege on the rental contract despite the high courts decision, so by signing off on the prior year audit report, the auditors are confirming beyond doubt that in their opinion ACL is a going concern even without CCFC as sitting tenants and the rent that CCFC should be paying to ACL in accordance with the contract, the law and the high court judgement.

The pro-SISU lobby can now bring up any stupidity they want to "prove" that ACL cannot survive without CCFC, they can accuse me of not being a real fan, they can use their usual tactics of attack and asking non-sequeter questions to try and divert people from facts or truth, all of which will not alter in the slightest degree the fact that the professional auditing company, by signing off the accounts, and in full knowledge of the SISU/rent situation, consider that ACL is indeed a going concern.

So very very well putt, Swiss

mrtickle

I'll be interested on the agreement Compass have for F&B. loss of 23 plus games a season will likely dent their income. If they've paid up for the rights to that, will they be after a rebate?

theferret

I notice a new trend here, ferrett & Genduffy trying to establish a myth that the Ricoh conference facilities are "'poor and in decline. "

MORE BOLLOCKS! please itemise the rationale.. I don't think you have any real basis for such a slur.. come on show me, lets see some pictures of worn furniture, tatty decor or something CONCRETE to substantiate this argument.. frankly I don't believe it for a minute.

Don't get your knickers in a twist.

I think the Ricoh has been a big success in certain areas. As a concert venue it has been a triumph and been very good for Coventry. In terms of sporting events we've had Olympic football and soon Davis Cup tennis (a significant coup for the city).

As a venue for business I think it is rubbish, my opinion based on experience. It fails because of poor service, a lack of attention to detail, some shoddy facilities (in amongst some good facilities) and the bleak soviet style landscape in which it sits (which 7 years on has still not been addressed) and I think this is a much bigger issue than some might think.

An example of personal experience, we had a meeting in Room 112 - a hotel room, converted to a box on matchdays and a meeting room on this occasion. Being in the hotel, you had to access it via the lift, but as we weren't guests we couldn't activate the lift and kept having ask people if they could call the lift for us. The room had poor wi-fi signal, the table had a big scratch on it, there was nowhere to project onto a wall without asking everyone to leave the room to rearrange the furniture, there weren't enough sockets so there were leads everywhere. The tea and coffee was late, we asked if we could open the sliding door because the room was really stuffy but they would only open it slightly and were not helpful at all. It just wasn't a good experience.

That is my opinion, you understand what that is? I don't need evidence to prove an opinion. How can anyone prove that staff were rude and indifferent? Maybe your opinion of the business facilities is different, fine, you're entitled to it.

I am simply saying that if ACL are to go it alone this is one area where they need to improve massively.

Last edited:

BurbageSkyBlues

Indeed who will find the £30 million - the taxpayer? To do what host Bon jovi every other year?

You just display your lack of knowledge and innovation.

Are you a qualified structural engineer, a costing engineer, and an architect rolled into one?

I could design and install an adequate weather protection canopy for a tenth of that figure that you glibly pluck out of the air.

Users who are viewing this thread