Mark and Adi how high can they go? (1 Viewer)

blunted

Appreciate money is the defining factor for how much any club can achieve and in some cases a little bit of luck. How far do you think we can go with the two fat managers and their back up team? Every management team has a ceiling and I would like to think they can take us to the Prem eventually. Cant see us ever being better than a Prem/Champ yo yo team without considerable investment. On the downside, MR has not done brilliantly in the Championship in the past with more money than he has now but hopefully he has learnt since those times. Without any inside knowledge, I just get the feeling AV is a big part of our success. What does the team think?

robbiethemole

Appreciate money is the defining factor for how much any club can achieve and in some cases a little bit of luck. How far do you think we can go with the two fat managers and their back up team? Every management team has a ceiling and I would like to think they can take us to the Prem eventually. Cant see us ever being better than a Prem/Champ yo yo team without considerable investment. On the downside, MR has not done brilliantly in the Championship in the past with more money than he has now but hopefully he has learnt since those times. Without any inside knowledge, I just get the feeling AV is a big part of our success. What does the team think?
fat managers???

CDK

Good question,to get us in the play offs with the budget they work with,that would be huge,think AV is important to robins who has a dodgy history at this level but he loves this club and seems so comfortable here he can rewrite his history at this level and get us into the play offs in the next 3 season's.

rob9872

Could take us to fringe of play offs without serious investment, but could go to a PL team and impose that ste with better players to stay up imo.

Frostie

Not sure there's much truth to the "dodgy at this level" rhetoric imo. It may not have always been perfect but I think Robins has always done a decent job in the Championship considering what he inherited.

Barnsley were rock bottom & looked miles off the pace when he took over but he kept them up comfortably. I know a lot of the fans didn't like the style but he did the job he was employed to do & then some.

Huddersfield was up & down but they were in a relegation battle as a newly promoted team, had their top scorer sold to a rival but he kept them up & did so again comfortably the following year too.

And now, well he's exceeded expectations by far.

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

It will take time for us even to challenge for promotion. Trust the process , hopefully we can bring in some good young players from leagues 1 and two and really build something.

CDK

Getting up to play off level will be a really big job ,what it will need is patience from us all on terraces and all of our support needed because there will be bad days and the club never make it easy for themselves as we all know.

Sick Boy

We have little chance of making the play-offs or promotion without serious investment. Even then it would take us years.

steve cooper

If we could start the new season with the same team we ended with plus a couple of class signings we wouldn't be that far off challenging for playoffs IMO.
We will be unlikely to get all our loan players back, but you never know, and we could find similar.
We need to sign a decent keeper and find a lower league gem of a goalscorer, not easy I know, but not impossible

Sick Boy

If we could start the new season with the same team we ended with plus a couple of class signings we wouldn't be that far off challenging for playoffs IMO.
We will be unlikely to get all our loan players back, but you never know, and we could find similar.
We need to sign a decent keeper and find a lower league gem of a goalscorer, not easy I know, but not impossible
We were a long, long way from the play-offs last season. With a couple of ‘class’ signings we’d be a stable mid table side free from relegation worries.

steve cooper

We were a long, long way from the play-offs last season. With a couple of ‘class’ signings we’d be a stable mid table side free from relegation worries.
This season there were 2 teams I thought we would finish above at the start of the season, they were Barnsley and QPR. The difference between us and Barnsley I think was only 1 or 2 players, and we took 4 points from them. QPR looked dreadful when we beat them earlier in the season and I thought they were prime candidates for relegation. I was not the only one who thought that. But a couple of signings in January turned their season around and second half form I think they were in the top 3. Neither team were fundamentally better than us at the start of the season.

skybluesam66

He's reached his peak, I'd let them go. Theres a manager down in Greater London that has taken over a League 2 team I'd be looking at to replace him.
so has he - continual improvement over 4 years,
I would suggest while that continues , dont break it
Many teams have thought they could do better Birmingham/ Charlton etc and have ended up regretting their decision

Travs

In our current set-up as a club, we could potentially fluke a promotion via the playoffs.

I don't mean that to sound disrespectful to the fine job MR and AV have done, but i think our realistic ceiling at the moment is fighting for playoffs, and i think that would be a few years away.

Briles

I think Robins and Viveash thrive on low budgets and the backs to the wall mentality. Takes pressure off them. Not sure how they'd fair with 100m budget.

skyblueeyesrevisited

Or according to some as far as the Uber fare can take them.

If it at broke don’t fix it. Keep up the good work MR and your potty mouth cohort. Onwards and upwards. Let’s see how far we can go together.

Users who are viewing this thread