Marcus Hahnemann (2 Viewers)

CovScott88

I may be alone in this, but i'd love to see us sign Marcus Hahnemann if Kieren Westwood moves. Hahnemann's 1 year contract ends with Wolves next month, so he will be available on a free transfer. Would be good for a couple of years surely?

Thoughts?

CovScott88

he will want premiership level wages, but agreed he is a top draw keeper

Do you reckon? Surely he wouldn't be on large wages anyway? I would only think that he would be on a few grand a week. I have no evidence of that though. I think that if he was on relatively low wages, he would be a fantastic replacement for Westy. Still within the Midlands so he wouldn't really need to uproot and move far, if move at all. I've always personally rated him highly as a keeper. He's certainly got a year or 2 left in him.

flammablepiss

Facebook User
I'd say yes, you know what you're getting with him... seen him play a couple of times and always looked pretty good! I have a feeling Murphy will make a lot of mistakes as well as have some great games.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I'd say yes, you know what you're getting with him... seen him play a couple of times and always looked pretty good! I have a feeling Murphy will make a lot of mistakes as well as have some great games.

Bit like Westwood then (or any keeper thinking about it. Even the best make mistakes.)

I say this, the Westwood bit, as on reflection, he did make some errors in his time with us (im resigned to losing him so will talk past tense!).

I admit though that he saved or more points than he lost us!

Users who are viewing this thread