Marcel Hilßner - Asthma issue (1 Viewer)

skylark37

Robins just mentioned post Peterborough games on CWR that Hilßner has asthma that was previously undetected and this has been hindering his progress so far.
I hope they can get to the bottom of it and also that it isn't actually ... an unnamed virus.

Evo1883

Robins just mentioned post Peterborough games on CWR that Hilßner has asthma that was previously undetected and this has been hindering his progress so far.
I hope they can get to the bottom of it and also that it isn't actually ... an unnamed virus.

I can relate, I was fit as a fiddle played pretty much semi pro then out of nowhere at 26 I simply couldn't breath... Asthma... Such a shame for him

chiefdave

Would be bad luck if its just come on. Although it seems unlikely with the amount of medicals and testing he would have had so far in his career it would have been missed.

Hopefully can be treated and doesn't become a barrier for him. Are there other players who have asthma, assume there is.

Alkhen

Yeah was going to say it's probably due to change of environment, native tree pollens can be bad triggers for some people. My dad suffers from asthma, he moved out to Finland a few years back and he says he is far better now.

Luckily it's usually manageable, Paul Scholes did OK afterall

Lord_Nampil

I was Diagnosed with Asthma at 27 it isn’t uncommon.... if he gets the right medication he will be fine!! Need to know what’s right for you, took me until Christmas just gone to be on the right dose !

robbiekeane

Like Santiago Muñez!
Stared at this for a few mins trying to figure out why I recognised this name...is that the bloke from “goal” or whatever that film was? 😂 played for Newcastle or something then randomly got asthma?? Watched that on an overnight plane haha

robbiekeane

I've suffered from hay fever since I was a kid but the asthma aspect of it only started in my late 20s/early 30s.
Same. I had a pollen triggered asthma attack in the middle of the night out of nowhere when I was 14 nearly died.
Never bothered me at all until last summer (I was 28). In the US with shit air quality and had an asthma attack in my apartment and coolest breathe was running around my apartment like wtf do I do!! Only $250 for an inhaler though, bargain

Tommo1993

Stared at this for a few mins trying to figure out why I recognised this name...is that the bloke from “goal” or whatever that film was? 😂 played for Newcastle or something then randomly got asthma?? Watched that on an overnight plane haha

Yeah he told a porky to the sexy doctor that he had no conditions so he could pass his medical. But he has asthma!

Ooh, the little tinker! Then later he bangs her.

AFCCOVENTRY

Fingers crossed they get to the bottom of it. Many sportsmen have it, so totally treatable. Just understanding on what scale it is and how he will learn to manage it is something. Although the positive is he did get some minutes today.

I found out I had asthma in 2015. Had one inhaler, never used it and been fine since. That is until two weeks ago, when running started to get tougher.
Currently a walk up the stairs is seeing me needing a lie down and puff on my new inhaler.
It’s really shit to be honest. Need to pick up a steroid inhaler when they’re in stock next week and hopefully it’ll start getting better.
Gone from half marathons comfortably to struggling walking up the stairs in 2 weeks.
Best get better soon as I have entered the London marathon in October.

skybluetony176

Had asthma all my life and found it can flare up for all sorts of reasons. Pollen being the big one but stress can also be a factor. It disappeared almost completely bar hay fever season when it made a slight return for the summer and then when I became a father it returned and this year it’s been pretty bad, all down to stress. Not so bad that I can’t cope but it’s definitely been worse in what I’m personally finding a very stressful year.

shmmeee

Got the opposite story. Had bad asthma as a child and last had an attack in my early 20s (now 39), when I had bronchitis/possible COVID at the start of the pandemic I asked the doctor about getting an inhaler and they told me I didn’t have asthma any more.

There goes my excuse for no cardio.

clint van damme

Same. I had a pollen triggered asthma attack in the middle of the night out of nowhere when I was 14 nearly died.
Never bothered me at all until last summer (I was 28). In the US with shit air quality and had an asthma attack in my apartment and coolest breathe was running around my apartment like wtf do I do!! Only $250 for an inhaler though, bargain

250 dollars for an inhaler? What sort of inhaler?

Users who are viewing this thread