Many coventarians want ccfc to lose matches (1 Viewer)

señor Santiago

Am i the only one experiencing a feeling that a lot of everyday cov people turning their backs on ccfc and wanting them to lose. Wanting a quick death for ccfc than a slow painful suffocation

jesus-wept

No ,I think the opposite the better we do the more difficult it becomes for him and Waggott. Yesterdays gate was 2068, about 1500 home fans, he has to keep them onside, so selling a star name, Leon Clarke or Christie for example wouldn't go down well with those but expected by most now not going. He has stated publically that this has all been budgeted for would make selling harder to justify. Also new players were promised once we came out of embargo, to date we have signed just two and on this one out one in basis can apparently sign two more, how does he explain to Sepalla adding to the wage bill which current income can't support without being propped up by the parent company. Remember this woman isn't very savvy when it comes to football and will basically just look at income and expenditure. The players are just employees to her. So imo the better we do the more of a dilemma it becomes for Mr Fisher

No, I will not follow SISU to Northampton but totally want the kids to win to ensure that when we get CCFC playing in Coventry we return in the strongest position possible despite the owners.

mrtrench

I want us to lose. I want the crowds to dwindle to below 1k and for us to be sat at the foot of the table and get relegated.

ESB

Difficult one, i want SISu out and know losing would put off some of those attending Sixfields, but while they're called Coventry City and there's hope of return i cannot want them to lose.

PUSB

Otis

Difficult one, i want SISu out and know losing would put off some of those attending Sixfields, but while they're called Coventry City and there's hope of return i cannot want them to lose.

PUSB

As I said on a thread yesterday, it's a paradox.

For NOPM to work the campaign needs less and less fans to attend. The better the team do the more fans will go.

The best scenario for the NOPM campaign is for the team to do badly at home, but as City fans we obviously all want the team to do well.

The better we do the more the crowds will increase. The be brutally honest, the start at home for any NOPM ers is the worst possible, as the games so far appear that they are really exciting and of course loads of goals are flying in. This is something that has been quite alien to us over the past few years. If any one word could describe home games in general it would be 'dirge.'

Scoring 4 and 5 goals is exactly what the NOPM campaign doesn't need. If this level of exciting performance continues more and more fans will return.

I for one, will not attend while we play in Northampton, but I'm sure many, many are severely tempted.

Nick

Administrator

For NOPM to work the campaign needs less and less fans to attend. The better the team do the more fans will go.

The best scenario for the NOPM campaign is for the team to do badly at home, but as City fans we obviously all want the team to do well.

The better we do the more the crowds will increase. The be brutally honest, the start at home for any NOPM ers is the worst possible, as the games so far appear that they are really exciting and of course loads of goals are flying in. This is something that has been quite alien to us over the past few years. If any one word could describe home games in general it would be 'dirge.'

Scoring 4 and 5 goals is exactly what the NOPM campaign doesn't need. If this level of exciting performance continues more and more fans will return.

I for one, will not attend while we play in Northampton, but I'm sure many, many are severely tempted.

But even so, surely you don't want us to lose based on a theory that isn't even proven that it will work?

ESB

I get it, but the question is do i want them to lose. My answer is no.

If they did lose would i be unhappy, no it would speed the demise of SISU

Covrock

Nope. I want promotion this season followed by play-offs in the championship. What would sisu do? Stay at Sixfields? Or come back to the Ricoh?

theferret

Nope. I want promotion this season followed by play-offs in the championship. What would sisu do? Stay at Sixfields? Or come back to the Ricoh?

Exactly. Win promotion (unlikely, but say it happens) the loss of revenue is amplified massively (we'd average 16K minimum in the Championship at the Ricoh). Seeing as most have convinced themselves that withholding our money is the best weapon we have, then you'd think they'd all be desperate for the team to keep winning. After all, they must realise NOPM was never going to work quickly, so surely it would be better we start next season in the Championship than League 1?

ESB

I like your thinking and have considered that myself, yet i don't think they would return as its a point of how they operate "it's their business model"

You do think SISU could generate massive good will by saying i think we need to talk. It's just so childish and CCC take some blame here.

Get an independent negotiator in, all options on the table, no pre conditions.

italiahorse

Surely the true gauge of increasing support is season tickets.
The fans coming now we are winning maybe the ones that only come when we are winning. These are the fans that get us up to 32000.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I feel that while the weather is nice and sunny, balmy evenings and heatwaves, there will be a few more that will want to go to Sixfields. However, how many will want to make the same journey week in, week out, when the weather is shite, bitterly cold, raining, frosty, foggy, miserable. The Ricoh was okay coz it was just "up the road", but Northampton? Nah! I really want the lads to do well, (as they are at the moment), but I just want us back in Cov where we belong.

coop

i want to win as a fan of ccfc but i cannot watch at sixfields fisher and sisu are to blame for us playing at sixfields and for us starting on -10 how can anyone with a bit of common sense not see this.they havent even got a buisness model.its hard not going but i will not go never

Tommystours

Whether you are a supporter of NOPM or just unable or do not want to go to Northampton , I cannot believe any fan with Sky Blue blood really wants their team to lose any match !!!!!!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I just hope that the team and Steven Pressley understand what we, as the fans, are trying to do. It's no reflection on them whatsoever, and will see we are behind them when we play our "away" matches.

mrbluesky87

I'm still not bothered either way, my emotions are the same when we win,lose or draw. I watched the goals on SSN last night and again no emotion, it's not my club at the moment and please don't tell me it's still the same Coventry city because that's bullshit, it's another football team playing in Northampton.

Sky Blue Pete

No, I will not follow SISU to Northampton but totally want the kids to win to ensure that when we get CCFC playing in Coventry we return in the strongest position possible despite the owners.

Not gonna happen

Ashdown1

I agree with Otis, it would be better in the campaign to get rid of SISU if we were getting slaughtered every week, but it's not in my heart to ever wish them defeat even though they don't really represent Coventry at the moment.

quinn1971

I wouldn't get too carried away...we've lost to crawley, beat two very poor sides in Carlisle and bristol city and managed a draw against a poor preston side..it's still obvious we can't defend...those who think we'll be chasing a play off spot are in for a big shock when we start playing the decent sides.A couple of injuries and suspensions and it's down to the bare bones.

blueflint

Exactly. Win promotion (unlikely, but say it happens) the loss of revenue is amplified massively (we'd average 16K minimum in the Championship at the Ricoh). Seeing as most have convinced themselves that withholding our money is the best weapon we have, then you'd think they'd all be desperate for the team to keep winning. After all, they must realise NOPM was never going to work quickly, so surely it would be better we start next season in the Championship than League 1?

withholding money is the only weapon we have

Sphinx at HOME - want them to win!

Coventry Sphinx play at home today (3pm). They have shown an appreciation of the relatively small (compared to league crowds) increase in attendances. Although the standard may not be what some City fans are used to they are on a good run (won last four including FA Cup match).

I'll personally not go to Northampton and even listening on the radio now to what should be exciting matches just leaves a hollow feeling - after all that has happened it really doesn't feel like my club.

After following City home and away for over forty years (most of those as a season ticket holder including last twelve years) my decision now is to adopt Sphinx as "my" club. Any money spent there will be useful support and help to genuinely support a local club. No splits between fans, no hedge fund - just a football team which could progress and be fun to follow. They are also at home in FA cup on Saturday.

skybluetony176

i'm from rugby and went to the legends match. i tried to get a mate who is a cov kid born and bred to come along as he is someone I've been to many cov games with over the years at home and away, at highfield road and the ricoh and he gave a flat no. stating that he couldn't give a shit anymore and he hoped that they disappeared altogether, i was shocked to hear this but he says he's not alone.

if they come back to cov and start moving up the league's i'm sure he'll change his mind as i believe his response was a defence mechanism to save himself from hurt + he hasn't had a full night's sleep in 9months thanks to a new arrival who still wont sleep through the night.

Otis

Whilst I dont want them to play at Northampton I never want them to lose thats just stupid.

I'm not saying people want them to lose, just that it would best serve NOPM. May I just add I am in the KCIC campaign rather than the NOPM one myself.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

GaryPendrysEyes

Otis may well be right but the signs of a decent winning team does make it easier for Sisu to sell.

Stand firm, boycott the games, hope we win and Sisu sell up-- that's what we want.

Delboycov

I've been pleased with the start and thrilled with the form of Wilson, Clarke, Moussa etc and I've been delighted with us scoring for fun although I have to say it's not the same for me. Still want us to win though but even if we score 1000 goals this season and win the league by 50 points I will still never attend 'home' games in Northampton. I do think those that buckle and have a change of heart now will have sold their principles down the river and played right into Fisher's hands. They can't complain if with decent crowds at NTFC the need to return to our city is subsequently no longer the best way forward for SISU so they never return or the exile is dramatically prolonged.

Last edited:

shmmeee

But even so, surely you don't want us to lose based on a theory that isn't even proven that it will work?

No fucking theory is proven to work FFS. Going isn't proven. Staying away isn't.

The way you prove it is by testing, which is what's happening.

Last edited:

Longford

I've been pleased with the start and thrilled with the form of Wilson, Clarke, Moussa etc and I've been delighted with us scoring for fun.

One issue is at least two of those threes contracts run out end of this season. Add Christie, Thomas, J Clarke, Daniels to that list, (maybe more ) and we could well be in trouble.

One part of this sorry affair that gets little attention is how it is effecting the players. How do they feel ? Do you think any would stay if they could get away ?

georgehudson

there are so many questions to be answered,
why have Otium Nomads decided we should be based in Northampton ?
when will the accounts be filed ?
how do Coleman & Seppala justify their £360,000 wages for the last year ?
why do sisu persist with their apparent desire to destroy ACL / CCC ?
where, exactly are the former mob, of Dulieu, Igwe, Brody etc., ?
why, after so many disastrous decisions to they still think they are capable ?
was there any truth in the rumour about giving hundreds of free tickets away to people from Northampton ?
has anyone got a photo of the 'private person' Seppala ?
is there any real reason to continually denude OUR club ?
why have the FL adopted such a meek / tepid, level of adjudication ?
why are the FA not intervening ?
i always thought the game of football was, FOR THE FANS,
seemingly, not so in our, & others, cases,
i seek nothing more than to see MY Coventry City, in COVENTRY,
is that, REALLY too much to ask of the beautiful game ?
well, perhaps no, in the case of myopic megalomaniacs,
PUSB - KCIC

covcity4life

best for the club = hoping to lose

hahahahahahaha

right up there with arsenal fans hoping they dont make champions league id say.

Users who are viewing this thread