Managing expectations (1 Viewer)

Deity

One of the things I like about MR is that post match he normally is pretty honest about our performance.

today I’m surprised by his comments that clubs in the championship are splashing the cash and it will be tougher to compete.

it’s not actually factually true.

the only clubs spending money are the former premier league clubs such as Burnley and clubs such as Hull that gave sold their star player for up to £20m.

fernandopartridge

One of the things I like about MR is that post match he normally is pretty honest about our performance.

today I’m surprised by his comments that clubs in the championship are splashing the cash and it will be tougher to compete.

the only clubs spending money are the former premier league clubs such as Burnley and clubs such as Hull that gave sold their star player for up to £20m.
Are they not in the Championship then?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Evo1883

He's just downplaying our chances which I find normal .

Reactions: vow

Finham

He's right to manage expectations. If he came out and said "We're the best side in the division and we're going to piss it", I would be distinctly more concerned.

Tommo1993

clubs in the championship are splashing the cash and it will be tougher to compete.

Yeah it’s not strictly true, but I took it as other clubs are more likely to splash the cash than us [knocking us down competition wise], as it’s not our “model” - a word I’m beginning to despise.

skyblueelephant76

Millwall, Stoke, Cardiff, Luton, Middlesbrough etc have all strengthened in addition to the money spent by relegated sides and Hull.

Users who are viewing this thread