Managers. You pick poll! (1 Viewer)

In order for it to work pick your favourite 5 only

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stupot07

Lambert ( Still lives in the area and was in charge of Norwich in this division, or Rossler who would look at us as a chance to rebuild his reputation before moving onto bigger things again, or even a real outsider = Stuart Pearce:eek:

I've got family who are Villa STH, and Lambert was their Pressley. I don't care if he managed in league one, 11-12 goals in 23/24 league games is shocking by anyone's standards. Very negative, very defensive, round pegs square holes (cleverly left wing!!), possession between centre backs and centre mids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

LB87ccfc

I've got family who are Villa STH, and Lambert was their Pressley. I don't care if he managed in league one, 11-12 goals in 23/24 league games is shocking by anyone's standards. Very negative, very defensive, round pegs square holes (cleverly left wing!!), possession between centre backs and centre mids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

I was not suggesting him, hes another id rather slash my wrists at, but sounds a perfect fit for Waggott then.

LB87ccfc

The Mirror is reporting -
  • Dave Jones and James Beattie are on the list of favourites being considered for the vacant managerial job at Sky Bet League One side Coventry City following Steven Pressley's sacking.
Jones is a name not been mentioned on here much.

CCFCKirky

• Dave Jones and James Beattie are on the list of favourites being considered for the vacant managerial job at Sky Bet League One side Coventry City following Steven Pressley's sacking.

I wouldn't mind either of them, as long as it's not Stuart Pearce or Hockaday then I'm happy!

steveecov

If Hockaday hasn't lightened the mood and eased the pressure through points won AFTER Barnsley, then I really hope its James Beattie.

Woodster

Looks like there's been some money on Bet Victor for Greg Abbott - wouldn't be my choice but could be interesting, obviously as a Cov lad.

What we need is a proven manager, it's no time for beginners and those without at least Championship experience. We desperately need a steady hand and someone who commands respect.

CovLis86

I really dont understand why Beattie is a name up there....no experience or credentials. Please no. We need someone who does command respect and has some tactical nous.

SkyBlue_Bear83

That's not Lamberts natural game though, he didn't do it in his previous 2 years at Aston Villa and never in all his time at Norwich. He was trying to adapt Aston Villa into a more possession team because of criticism from the fans and probably under pressure from the board to play 'better football' and pass it around more on the ground.

We have no chance of getting him but he would be superb imo

LJC_CCFC

Name well in top half of list, experienced and is out of work. Struggling to believe it myself. Might only be something like has applied for position. Would have thought they have not even drawn up a shortlist yet.

Sean O'Driscoll, heard rumours on the day of Pressley's sacking.

Jackoskyblue

Can't see the poll but we should go all out and get Graham Alexander if we go for the free option then I'd be happy with Tony Mowbray

Sean O Driscoll is a NO from me. Had a decent spell at Donnie but that was ages ago Also as far as personalities go he make Tony Mowbray look like Boy George.

LB87ccfc

People saying Adkins, he has had money to spend everywhere hes been, when he didnt have much money was at Scunthorpe and hardly set the world alight.. be careful what you wish for.

He had healthy backers at saints and a whole host of talent coming through the academy which helped him be a success and make his name..

LB87ccfc

Comon own up who are the pisstakers who have voted -

Curbishly
Ince
Hockaday
Appleton ( Michael)
Johnson

If you can advise your name and age, I will book you an appointment to see the mental health nurse!

kg82

People saying Adkins, he has had money to spend everywhere hes been, when he didnt have much money was at Scunthorpe and hardly set the world alight.. be careful what you wish for.

He had healthy backers at saints and a whole host of talent coming through the academy which helped him be a success and make his name..

He did very well at Scunthorpe! Hence why he was given the Saints job

kg82

Gary Hooper fired them to the league title pretty much, not saying I wouldn't be happy if we did manage to entice him but to be fair, he will be looking at other opportunities I imagine

I hate it when people do this. If a club does well it's down to the players, not the management. If a club does rubbish, it's down to the management. He got promoted twice by the way, reached a football league trophy final and kept them in the championship before he went to Saints.

kg82

Don't even know why I'm debating, it won't be Adkins anyway! Hockaday all the way

LB87ccfc

I hate it when people do this. If a club does well it's down to the players, not the management. If a club does rubbish, it's down to the management. He got promoted twice by the way, reached a football league trophy final and kept them in the championship before he went to Saints.

I know his history, as I said I would not be displeased if we managed to entice someone of that caliber, but I just saying its absolutely essential this appointment is right, I could sit here saying well when he achieved this at Scunthorpe the league was different and he got his arse handed to him in the championship, but none of it matters, as I said i'd be pleased but surprised if he would consider a move here.

ccfc_Tom

Get bobby gould in as a coach, needs some passion in the coaching staff can help hockaday recruit from the lower leagues an all

Users who are viewing this thread