Manager update from Ken and controversy (1 Viewer)

JazzCat

If It's Megson do you think I can get my season ticket money back? lol.

rob9872

If they risk losing him then he will take his scouted list of players with him and he has certainly been in the +column on players values that he scouted. That alone should be £££ music to the ears of SISU and needs resolving.

sky blue john

It was made very clear that he was in charge until the end of the season and a decision would then be made.

Whilst Sisu dick around sitting on their hands end of season will be to late. Any out of contract players won't be seen for dust but this is probably what they want delaying tactics !!!!!!!!!!!!
It wouldn't surprise me if the plan is to delay long enough so AT gets chessed off and decides to go to another club who shows interest. This enables another delay, because whilst we are without a permanent manager Sisu won't have to spend any money in the transfer market and sell who they like without having to uppset any perm manager. !!!!!!!!!!!
:blue::blue::blue::blue:

Nonleagueherewecome

Tbh, it wasn't made "perfectly clear" that he had the job until summer. To quote Clive Eakin, "..it hasn't officially been announced, but we know that he has the job until the summer". About as clearly communicated as the RR resignation, I'd say. We only know he has the job until the summer because, well, it's just about that time now!

Great_Expectations

I would give him a go for the season, still not 100% convinced but some of the names touted around over the last few weeks scare me and are certainly no higher in my eyes than a scout turned manager playing some attractive football. I would also back him to find some pretty decent signings read for next season, as his record shows - this is perhaps one of his most attractive features in being given the job.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
If it is based on economics then AT gets the job because he will be the cheapest option. Any alternative is likely to cost more money as they will undoubtedly want to bring in their own backroom staff which means paying off at some of the present ones. Also AT's scouting knowledge is going to be crucial in assembling a squad and within a very tight budget

AT has done well so far, am a little cutious though. The players have reacted well to him and the football a significant improvement. In my own mind I will be happier when as manager he has had to deal with the results not going his way. Recent results have been as much about taking the rigid team shackles imposed by AB as the management skills of AT. There is often a boost in immediate performances by the team in such circumstances. How he deals with that and bad results will tell me more about his qualities than the recent run.

I think the next three games will tell us a lot more. I never want to see CCFC lose but I think these matches are going to be tough, can easily see us not pick up any more points, if we do lose the manner in which we lose is important. How AT deals with the problems the three matches throw up will give an better indication as to his abilities as manager.

Everyone says AT to get the job, but I think this is very much a management team and SH is very important to that partnership. So perhaps we should be lobbying to keep both not just AT.

Wouldnt be upset to see AT get the job. However SISU may have other ideas.

Last edited:

DavidBrent

A recent look into history shows Bristol City doing the following - Feb 2010 sacked Gary Johnson and installed Keith Millen as caretaker manager, Mr Millen steared them away from relegation and towards mid table. In May 2010 Steve coppell was made full time BCFC manager as he is a big name and wanked away £15k a week on David James. With the budget blown and 3 games into the season 'big name' Coppell walked out on the club leaving Millen back as caretaker manager in August 2010. Millen then spent the whole season with no money and many injuries clearing up Coppells mess. We do not want this to happen to us.
The moral of the story is employ Andy Thorn ASAP.

Users who are viewing this thread