Manager interviews ongoing - from the official (1 Viewer)

stevo_ccfc

Development Director Steve Waggott gives an update on the search for a new manager
The Sky Blues’ search for a new manager continues today – with further interviews of shortlisted candidates.

Development Director Steve Waggott said: “We have started interviewing the shortlisted candidates. We have been very impressed and encouraged with the level of research and professionalism showed by everyone who had made it through to this stage.
“They all would clearly relish the challenge of helping us return to where a club of our size should be and look forward to the journey.*

Importantly, to a person, all candidates thought that, without doubt, we have a good strong squad more than capable of challenging for promotion - with a small number of tweaks in particular around pace and tempo. The candidates equally appreciated the level of budget we have invested in the the squad despite relegation. Further trading within the loan window can be expected following the appointment of the new manager.
Waggott continued “We are interviewing further shortlisted candidates over the next 24 hours at which point the board will discuss and agree the way forward. Obviously we realise that time is important but equally we will not be rushed into such an important decision.
“Richard Shaw – who is very much under consideration for the role and was interviewed yesterday – is preparing the squad for the game on Saturday and we want him to have the full support of everyone. An encouraging performance and a successful trip to Tranmere would give everyone a much needed lift.”

torchomatic

*This is a lie.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
the process aside the part that pleased me about this statement was the recognition of ......

"with a small number of tweaks in particular around pace and tempo." ........ hallelujah!

Last edited:

torchomatic

They also say that single mothers and immigrants are to blame for all our ills too. Wouldn't really pay too much attention to that particular "newspaper".

Daily mail reporting the tanned Phil brown has got it!

covcity4life

Importantly, to a person, all candidates thought that, without doubt, we have a good strong squad more than capable of challenging for promotion - with a small number of tweaks in particular around pace and tempo.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

kingharvest

There is absolutely nothing in that article at all. It says he's been interviewed. They're just pinning there colours to his mast. Where the colour is obviously orange, and his mast is also probably painted orange.....the massive orange twat.

rob9872

They also say that single mothers and immigrants are to blame for all our ills too. Wouldn't really pay too much attention to that particular "newspaper".

Of course "all" is ridiculous, but do you agree that both categories contribute to the problem more than an equal proportion to the remainder of society?

rob9872

Pace and tempo - there's a revolutionary thought. Only 10,000 fans beeen banging on about that at every game for longer than I can remember. Still better late than never I guess ... if it actually happens!

ccfcway

I'm kind of surprised they've divulged so much information around the flaws in the squad, etc.

Weird.

well, its nothing opposing managers dont already know,

Look at stevenage "lets be organised and sit a little more than usual, they dont have any pace to hurt us and we can hit them on the break

skyblueman

To see how the fans would react and boy and the peasants revolting!!

Can I be first to say 'Brown out?'

Well he's going to need a win ratio getting on for 60% to get us to the play-offs I reckon so good luck with that - TBF it's a big ask of anyone now IMO

Otis

Tis indeed.

Think we need an inspirational figure to be honest, but if we can't do that we need someone on the up and not on the way back down. Otherwise another Peter Reid scenario is going to start brewing.

Would be happy with Wise because of the inspiration I think he would bring, but would also be happy with the likes of Wilder and Tisdale. Dyche maybe, but I just don't think he's got enough experience. Wouldn't be adverse to him coming though.

For me the likes of Brown, Megson, Blackwell, Ince etc. are on the way down.

kingharvest

123 points left to win

90 Points is averaging an automatic place and requires a 73% win ratio
75 Points is averaging a play off place and requires a 60% win ratio

Most teams who go up automatically lose between 7 and 11 matches a season. Charlton only lost 5 last year which is quite unique.

So, basically, all this crap about no chance of promotion is doing my head in. Of course its possible - we've only played 5 games!

skyblueman

123 points left to win

90 Points is averaging an automatic place and requires a 73% win ratio
75 Points is averaging a play off place and requires a 60% win ratio

Most teams who go up automatically lose between 7 and 11 matches a season. Charlton only lost 5 last year which is quite unique.

So, basically, all this crap about no chance of promotion is doing my head in. Of course its possible - we've only played 5 games!

Absolutely possible of course - I have to believe it's possible - I think from where we are now - looking at a 60% odd win % (yes I know that's not the be all and end all) it's a MASSIVE turnaround for us - today - with no manager and a miss-firing squad - who can't score - CITY have never in my lifetime got near that - k so it's league 1 but still!!!

sky blue john

So, basically, all this crap about no chance of promotion is doing my head in. Of course its possible - we've only played 5 games![/QUOTE]

possible yes. Highly unlikely though !!!

Perryccfc

Sky sports have covered the story and have used a big picture of Billy Davies?! Now he would be my first choice by a country mile!

skyblue4ever

I would billy davies to come here. I know he has had his fall outs with boards but if he is told wat he can and cant do then im sure he'll be fine. ;)

SkyBlue_Bear83

I would imagine Davies is too outspoken for the boards and SISU's liking, he would have no problem telling it how it is and exposing SISU and the board in interviews

kepit 2 yusen

How can the Daily Mail feel that they can report it I wonder. It hasn't been announced and the process continues.
Media crap - hedging their bets in the hope of being covered in glory if they are right :facepalm:

Paxman II

I find the talk of billy Davies 'falling out with boards' and he needs lots of money to spend a bit tedious.

Hell if we beleived everything we hear from the press then then we already know who the manager is!

Otis pointed out the tired ones "on their way down" and he's right to a large degree. Billy Davies is not one of those and is hungry for the game.

Of all the candidates 'we know about' suposedly, then he has to be my best pick.

Also interestingly all fans (at least on here) wish for Wise to get the nod. Can't see that happening tbh. This clubs on the verge of extinction and to risk all on his capabilities would be a stretch too far at the moment. safe, predictable and above all capable hands are require. Experience, personality, respect are all features needed. davies ticks most if not all thos boxes. When you speak of brown he barely ticks any!?

God I hope the clowns get this appointment right.

Paxman II

Financial Billy Davies would have his work cut out here with sisu, that's if sisu are still here !!

Again your suggesting he only suceeds when his has money at his disposal? To a degree every manager needs money at their disposal. At this level less so is expected. CCFC have said today that the side needs pace and is recognised as missing and will look at those proposals using the loan market effectively. Even in the loan market you need money to be made available.

Users who are viewing this thread