Man Utd at the Ricoh monday night (1 Viewer)

RoboCCFC90

We're just talking about Sky Blues fans here right? Supporters of he two clubs involved may not feel they'd only go to one of our games at the Ricoh.:D

Man Utd fans from the City shouldn't go either, my message to them would be, DON'T BE A GLORY HUNTER SUPPORT THE CITY YOU WERE BORN AND RAISED IN, DO NOT GO TO THE RICOH UNLESS IT'S TO WATCH COVENTRY CITY.

Sterling Archer

Anyone thinking of attending this game has not thought this through. DO NOT ATTEND A GAME WHICH ISNT COVENTRY CITY FOOTBALL CLUB AT THE RICOH.

I hope that is clear enough.

Calm down. Nobody who hasn't been sectioned yet, was genuinely thinking of going to it.

Hobo

Man Utd fans from the City shouldn't go either, my message to them would be, DON'T BE A GLORY HUNTER SUPPORT THE CITY YOU WERE BORN AND RAISED IN, DO NOT GO TO THE RICOH UNLESS IT'S TO WATCH COVENTRY CITY.

You don't spot talent for your own team by just watching your own team.

Noggin

I don't see any damage in going in the slightest, don't see any attraction in it though either. I'm sure the stands will be very very empty and rightly so for an u21 game that doesn't involve us, honestly it would be mostly empty even if it did involve us.

xxccfcxx

Anyone thinking of attending this game has not thought this through. DO NOT ATTEND A GAME WHICH ISNT COVENTRY CITY FOOTBALL CLUB AT THE RICOH.

I hope that is clear enough.

Just wondered, are you the same RoboCCFC90 who only 3 days ago on this forum was quoting how we should pack the Ricoh when this new academy side play their games there ?

RoboCCFC90

Just wondered, are you the same RoboCCFC90 who only 3 days ago on this forum was quoting how we should pack the Ricoh when this new academy side play their games there ?

That is correct, but then I realised if the Ricoh is truly our home then we shouldn't watch any team in it, unless it's a Coventry side, i.e City, Supporters Club, etc.

RoboCCFC90

You don't spot talent for your own team by just watching your own team.

Why would I want to watch Leicester for at the Ricoh??

xxccfcxx

That is correct, but then I realised if the Ricoh is truly our home then we shouldn't watch any team in it, unless it's a Coventry side, i.e City, Supporters Club, etc.

Thats where our opinions differ.

First and foremost I'm a City fan but Im also a fan of football.

I'll go and watch any game of football (except in Northampton) especially when City have no fixture.

Over recent months been to watch Nuneaton, Leamington, West Brom and even Stockport County so if I do pop up tonight its to watch football not to support Leicester.

Cant see whats wrong with that !

Dont see Nuneatons fans up in arms when we play our u21 games there either. Most clubs do play their games elsewhere in that league and the Ricoh is sitting unused whether we like it or not so why not make use of it.

torchomatic

Shame hardly anyone bothered when we were there.

Have to be something really special like Coventry City at the Ricoh for me to go there.

RoboCCFC90

Thats where our opinions differ.

First and foremost I'm a City fan but Im also a fan of football.

I'll go and watch any game of football (except in Northampton) especially when City have no fixture.

Over recent months been to watch Nuneaton, Leamington, West Brom and even Stockport County so if I do pop up tonight its to watch football not to support Leicester.

Cant see whats wrong with that !

Dont see Nuneatons fans up in arms when we play our u21 games there either. Most clubs do play their games elsewhere in that league and the Ricoh is sitting unused whether we like it or not so why not make use of it.

Because it's Leicester playing in Coventry..

I respect that any Football fan may go and watch the odd game that isn't relative at all us (CCFC) however with regards to the Leicester U21 Situation I cannot see why they're not playing their games at the KP unless you can?

chiefdave

I respect that any Football fan may go and watch the odd game that isn't relative at all us (CCFC) however with regards to the Leicester U21 Situation I cannot see why they're not playing their games at the KP unless you can?

Given that the weather has been bad enough for their U21 games to be played where they usually are maybe they don't want to risk the extra wear on the KP pitch in case it causes issues down the line. Given the connection between their groundman and ACL and the fact the Ricoh is sat there with a perfect pitch being unused it makes sense to me.

ccfcway

so they dont damage the pitch and keep it at its best for their promotion push to the premier league.

What sane team would actively encourage 2 teams playing on the same pitch if they have an alternative. Im sure the overheads to open to KP stadium for this match would the same as renting Ricoh

RoboCCFC90

so they dont damage the pitch and keep it at its best for their promotion push to the premier league.

What sane team would actively encourage 2 teams playing on the same pitch if they have an alternative. Im sure the overheads to open to KP stadium for this match would the same as renting Ricoh

They aren't going to get promoted anyways so what difference does it make ;)

Users who are viewing this thread