MAN CITY - UK Barcelona ??? (1 Viewer)

11 goals in two away games - total domination - could have been 7 or 8 tonight even with a makeshift team.

Is it too early to compare Man City with the great Barcelona ???

It isn't the quantity of goals (and that's mighty impressive) but the patient build up, loads of possession than bang a goal from nowhere.

They look and play the most attractive football in the Prem so far this season - the mind boggles when they field a full strength side.

PUSB

I've been thinking this more and more each time I see them play this season. It used to be Arsenal that were the most similar in style but they don't have the quality of Silva and with Nasri at Man City now too they're great to watch.

I'd love to see a Barcelona v Man City champions league final. Barca are the masters of their own game but with Silva's defence-splitting passes too there'd be some great attacking football. Mouth-watering! :pimp:

Darth Robins

They do play some lovely football and it's nice to see a team in sky blue doing well! As an ABU I want them to win the lot, just to see how red Fergies nose actually goes.

Also to add, their fans stuck with them when they went right through the shit of dropping down the League 1 so I'd say they deserve a bit of success, now if only we could have the same sort of comeback!

Last edited:

les_miserables

Manchester City will dominate for years and will have the Premiership sewn up by Christmas. They can buy anyone in the world and have three of the best players in the world on their books Silva, Balatori and Tevez and don't play one of them

SkyBlue_Am

Silva is a midfield magician after watching him live on Sunday was in awe of his ability.

Also Man City do play a lot of good one touch football but still not in Barcelona's league who some class as one of the best club teams ever...

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Silva is immense! Best player in the prem imo! Even tho they'll have bought it, it will be good to see a team outside of 'the big 4' (not that this exists anymore , ayleast not with the origonal 4 teams anyway) come into the mix, especially if they run away with the league!

pusbccfc

I honestly think when they play stoke away they will get undone(as long as stoke don't have a europa game that week as they always lose when europa game appear).
Man united struggled, and even if man city are a better side I believe that stoke will beat them due to the physical side of their play.
Plus there deadly set pieces.
Also I still honestly believe man united will win the prem.

wingy

I'm sorry but i just can't enthuse about the eventual destruction of the game we all adore,the distortion through massive investment makes the sport more a circus ,or like midweek wrestling down bedworth civis hall ,abit of a sham,a one /two horse race over a season ,a procession,Fifa ,Uefa ,the Fa and the rest throughout the world might as well give up now ,this juggernuaght will not be satisfied until it superceeds the international scene,its false

I have to agree Wingy,

As I've always preached it's not a level playing field when some clubs have limitless funds which is an enormous advantage - try comparing Norwich to Man City for comparable investment levels.

However looking closer to home Leicester invested £13M under Sven and now Sven is at Job Centre Plus !!!

PUSB

covcity4life

great team

to call them a plastic club is so silly,they have had lots of baron years and now they have money

cov fans wouldnt complain if we had some rich investers skyrocket us to the moon!

as a ABU i hope man city do well

covcity4life

anyone but united

after growing up surrounded by glory fans at school and then seeing terrible ref decisions,l;astm in goals(thats respect mind) ive just built a real hatred towards manchester united

its very common as they have most glory fans,especially in 90s

Kuklinski

My biggest concern about the potential of Man City this season was whether they could gel as a team. The quality of their players is undisputed, but as we have seen with England, the best players don't always make the best team.

I will admit they have surprised me so far with their performances. But I'm still not counting United or Chelsea out.

The next couple of months will give us a bigger and better indication about whether they can last the pace, but I've been more impressed than I expected so far.

Kuklinski

It's like cheating on football manager and signing all the best players! It's just not real.

When Man Utd were paying huge transfer fees in comparison to almost every other club in the Premiership, and paying huge wages, did that make them a plastic club?

All this nonsense about clubs buying the title, it does my head in, because more often than not, the club paying the biggest amount in transfer fees and wages have tended to win the league.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Having also grew up watching everyone support Man United for no apparant reason makes me happy to now see them slaughtered by Man City - couldn't be anyone better. Would like to see one of the big clubs like Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd really struggle and see what the plastic fans do who support them. In my year at school there was literally about 5 Cov fans, 3 of which actually went to games!

Il Pirata

When Man Utd were paying huge transfer fees in comparison to almost every other club in the Premiership, and paying huge wages, did that make them a plastic club?

All this nonsense about clubs buying the title, it does my head in, because more often than not, the club paying the biggest amount in transfer fees and wages have tended to win the league.
True, although with a wealthy state buying a club it's on a whole new absurd level. The only thing that could surpass it would be the Chinese state buying a club as its flagship. I'm sure there are plenty of average clubs with limited history to go around.

Users who are viewing this thread