Man against Boy! (1 Viewer)

Covstu

Watching the murray game earlier just shown the gulf in class between the two players, Nadal was absolutely class over Murray. Looking forward to the final!!

Macca

Not a big Murray fan but don't be too hard on him. He is one of the top 6 players in the World, not bad. He is a flat track bully who looks class against average players but is lacking the killer instinct against top level players liek Nadal, misses too many winners.

Ernie Machin

Murray is just unlucky to have found himself in an era with 3 legendary players. He did alright today, but Rafa is just immense, he gets everything back.

Paxman II

Thought Murray played the perfect game against Nadal in the first set. had a chance for the break in the second set early on and missed that sitter.
You give Nadal a sniff and he he is in like a shot. he will not relent. Murray started missing the base line and tram line by fractions and those unforced errors cost him dearly. But the 4th set all seemed back on again but just as he looked likely to break back it actually didn't drop for him and Nadal pushed on and closed out.
Nadal is immense. But Murray is the 4th best player and he lost the semi final...can't be bad?
he has just had a run of some 10 matches unbeaten since the start of Queens where both Federer and Novak did not play and Murray beat Tsonga in that final. Think he may creep into top 3 actually on Mondays rankings. As for Novak he is not much different to Murray and I'd expect Nadal to win on Sunday against this Serbian robot.
The US open will have less pressure for Murray and I think that may be his time for a grand slam.
Just wish he would tell his mum to stay home!

ajsccfc

Murray certainly has the talent to beat Nadal and anyone else, but the match showed that Nadal has the mental edge. You could see the point in the second set where the game turned and Murray lost it, but at no point could you say that for Nadal. Unbelievable consistency.

stupot07

Lets not be too harsh on murray. He's been a top 4 player for the last 4 years, he's just unfortunate that nadel and federer are 2 of the greatest tennis players to have ever lived. I think nadel is 25 years old and has already won 10/11 majors and federer is 29/30 years old and won 15/16 majors. It's the equivalent of having 2 tiger woods in their prime. Murrays getting closer he jus needs a bit of luck.

derbyskyblue

For me the match was won before it started. At the net did you all notice nadal jumping around, loosening up and murray looking at the grass ? Thats when i knew murray had lost. No doubt at all nadal will win tomorrow.

Covstu

i think Djokovic has a great shout, Nadal is not playing at his best btu did enough to beat andy

Users who are viewing this thread