Make your mind up time Council (1 Viewer)

Astute

It doesn't matter what SISU do to try and make recompence to fans, it will always be in the back of my mind they only want a grip on the Ricoh, nothing more....Anyone feel the same as me?:thinking about:

Only a fool would think otherwise, but to go forward whoever owns our club needs to own the ground. Do we wait for new owners when the ground would speed things up?

coundonskyblue

Only a fool would think otherwise, but to go forward whoever owns our club needs to own the ground. Do we wait for new owners when the ground would speed things up?

That is a tricky one. We all want what is best for the club, at the minute it is very difficult to see what is best for the long term stability of the club.

If the club in its current state gained ownership of the Ricoh I fear it would just drag ACL down with it, but it could also encourage new owners as you say.

For me it has to be a wait and see for now.

Astute

The thought of AT having a Brazilian though.........

Godiva

I've got an idea,its a bit of an old fashioned one,why dont they just pay what they owe?

That would set a presedence. The club would then have to pay what is owed to sisu at some time ...

Grendel

That would set a presedence. The club would then have to pay what is owed to sisu at some time ...

Under the previous incompetent owners we left many creditors without payment. No one seemed bothered then. Why they want to be so moral now is indeed puzzling.

Tank Top

Great. Yet another highly embarrassing post.

Another moron who wants the council to liquidate the football club no doubt.

What we have here is a narrow minded view from a poster who thinks any one with an alternative opinion,is a Moron, well, if this is the case, as one moron to Another, let me point out, The Council has a legal and moral duty to spend its financial Budget to the benefit of many thousands of Coventry's council tax payers, Many thousands, who do not consider CCFC to be the centre of the Universe.
At a time when public services are being ravaged by Cut backs, eg School's in a desperate state of repair, cuts to our police services, reduction in fire Stations,Roads in a desperate pot holed state, these issues, and many more, should have a higher priority, than an Ailing and Bankrupt third division Football club. SISU Agreed the rent, if they default, why should the majority of Coventry tax payers pick up the Tab.
Respect, Moron Tankie
10_6_8.gif

Astute

What we have here is a narrow minded view from a poster who thinks any one with an alternative opinion,is a Moron, well, if this is the case, as one moron to Another, let me point out, The Council has a legal and moral duty to spend its financial Budget to the benefit of many thousands of Coventry's council tax payers, Many thousands, who do not consider CCFC to be the centre of the Universe.
At a time when public services are being ravaged by Cut backs, eg School's in a desperate state of repair, cuts to our police services, reduction in fire Stations,Roads in a desperate pot holed state, these issues, and many more, should have a higher priority, than an Ailing and Bankrupt third division Football club. SISU Agreed the rent, if they default, why should the majority of Coventry tax payers pick up the Tab.
Respect, Moron Tankie
10_6_8.gif

Mainly correct. The rent wasn't agreed by SISU though. That was done by the chumps who sold our ground for next to nothing, spent money decontaminating the land where the Ricoh is then finding out they couldn't afford to go any further. The rent was just one of the things SISU took over.

Grendel

Respect, Moron Tankie
10_6_8.gif

None of the income raised goes to support public services and even if it did this argument falls down if the club are the only means of obtaining a rent and then can no longer afford it.
This is jot the same as someone not paying a mortgage or defaulting on housing rent. In fact a private tenant would have some form of legal recourse if the contract they signed had rent that was disproportionately too high. It's far too high and virtually makes the club not viable as a going concern.

coundonskyblue

<p>
None of the income raised goes to support public services and even if it did this argument falls down if the club are the only means of obtaining a rent and then can no longer afford it.</p>
<p>This is jot the same as someone not paying a mortgage or defaulting on housing rent. In fact a private tenant would have some form of legal recourse if the contract they signed had rent that was disproportionately too high. It's far too high and virtually makes the club not viable as a going concern.

You would get help if you lost your job. If however one day you decided the rent was too high you would be expected to pay or move out.

I agree the rent is high but no one made ccfc sign it, its a legal agreement.

If the boot was on the other foot and acl was losing money and tried to break the rental agreement by increasing rent would you support them?

skyblueman

For us now yes the rent is too high... but it's a £100Million stadium so in reality possibly it's not - Man City pay three times that and their stadium cost roughly the same sort of number - key issue is what you get for your money - it would be better to pay a bit more and have the club run all the rest of the facilities - said all that already

However - I am also wondering in a HUGELY controversial way - would it be so bad if SISU got the ground completely? Hang on before you all gun me down just think about it for a minute - I obviously appreciate all the anti-SISU sentiment on here and for good reason - but could it work? For sure any football club HAS to own the ground to make the business model viable - we are no exception. SISU own us and are chasing there investment - as it stands they are going to sell any and everyone they can to make money - including any gems yet to come through the ranks - this is going to drag on for years and we are going to get nowhere. For sure as it stands SISU are not going to put any more money in to the club just for players - it's too risky - BUT if the ground were to be made available then they would have a case to go back to their investors and buy the prized asset. SISU still own the club so it's really in their interests to make it a decent one so someone comes in for the whole package - they HAVE to have us their as there is no other option for them - NOBODY is going to buy us without the ground - with it we stand a pretty good chance of attracting a serious buyer - ok just some thoughts - go easy on me

smouch1975

Skyblueman, you are correct in sighting the only workable model. Sad thing is SISU have burnt all their bridges, destroyed all goodwill with the community and all their respect from the fans.

Truth is, they hold one piece of the puzzle and any buyer wants the whole puzzle. So they are best positioned to aquaire the other pieces. Then sell on

skyblueman

Was expecting a torrent of abuse after that post on this thread but glad to see it's not here yet - the more I mull it over I can't help thinking that there needs to be some sobering up and maturity shown here if we are going to get a way forward. Simply banging on about how crap SISU are isn't helpful - sure they got the wrong people in to run it and bought in to stupid business plans that came to nought - The council (Mutton) is pissing me off a bit as he doesn't seem to want to compromise and likes to rid the anti-SISU bus as well as many of the voters - the veto is a problem as whoever wants in has got to basically grovel to Mutton to convince him it's the right deal - and that involves huge amounts of additional development - sure it might make good sense in the long run but if the council just veto anyone who wants to start off by owning the club and the stadium then it's unfair on the club itself. Why should CCFC HAVE to follow our council agenda - who gave them the right to determine who can or cannot own our club and ground? I wouldn't mind but the stadium itself isn't exactly making any money is it? The council are just raising the bar so high nobody is going to be able to achieve it. There's just too many agendas and egos involved here and it's just going to end in a bloody stalemate.

For me the council need to wise up and if necessary bow out and allow someone in to own the stadium and the club - be it SISU or someone else - if they do not then they are perpetuating the decline of the club they so vehemently profess to want to help

J

Jack Griffin

No way SISU should be gifted the Arena, its been paid for by the council & the Higgs charity, they stioll owe a great deal of money on it too.
Look what they are doing in withholding rent, running down the escrow so when they go it is someone else's problem..

The mess wasn't initially their fault, but they made it worse by half heartedly implementing the strategy of buying their way into the premiership under Ranson.
If Waggot & Fisher are any good they'll get the side promoted.. but they need to do it the hard way & earn it, though good management & transfer deals.. time will tell.

lordsummerisle

No way SISU should be gifted the Arena, its been paid for by the council & the Higgs charity, they stioll owe a great deal of money on it too.
Look what they are doing in withholding rent, running down the escrow so when they go it is someone else's problem..

The mess wasn't initially their fault, but they made it worse by half heartedly implementing the strategy of buying their way into the premiership under Ranson.
If Waggot & Fisher are any good they'll get the side promoted.. but they need to do it the hard way & earn it, though good management & transfer deals.. time will tell.

Is anybody suggesting that SISU(or anybody) should be gifted The Arena?

A more concilitary rather than confrontational stance from Mutton on selling the Arena rather than putting obstructions in the way could help, lets face it, there is nobody else interested in buying wither the club or The Arena.

dongonzalos

Is anybody suggesting that SISU(or anybody) should be gifted The Arena?

A more concilitary rather than confrontational stance from Mutton on selling the Arena rather than putting obstructions in the way could help, lets face it, there is nobody else interested in buying wither the club or The Arena.

Is it possible that, that stance, demanding proof that they have a business plan and will invest in players, has resulted in 7 signings this summer. I think it es important that he was not bullied. Otherwise it may have been half a stadium owned, no signings made and welcome to league 2.

lordsummerisle

Is it possible that, that stance, demanding proof that they have a business plan and will invest in players, has resulted in 7 signings this summer. I think it es important that he was not bullied. Otherwise it may have been half a stadium owned, no signings made and welcome to league 2.

Think it may have more to do with having a board that are finally able to get to grips with the mess that the club was in. Last season was purely a fire-fighting exercise. Think had to show the investors that there was a real effort being made to cut costs and losses, and a viable business plan going forward, a real danger that they may have just cut their losses and left us hanging otherwise.

As I said before, there's nobody else out there unfortunately, so got to make the best of what we have got. However we will never be fully viable until we have the stadium as an asset, our crowds aren't big enough, and haven't been for a long time to make us self-sufficient, not if we have to pay the amount of rent that we do, and also want players and a manager who are good enough to get us some success.

I would hope that not one person on here who has complained about Portsmouth living beyond their means would also be complaining about lack of investment in players by our club?

Chicken and Egg and Catch 22.

dongonzalos

Do you think if we are in the top three in league one, we will start getting 23 k. However with the release of most our highest earners replaced by I would gues 1/5th of the wages. Would that be sustainable to be classed as a viable business plan.

Basically I think without releasing the highest earners but replacing them with cheaper wages of players who can still achieve. You then get the crowds. Then the council may chat to you.

Don't think there would be fruitful talks without these signings.

lordsummerisle

Do you think if we are in the top three in league one, we will start getting 23 k. However with the release of most our highest earners replaced by I would gues 1/5th of the wages. Would that be sustainable to be classed as a viable business plan.

Basically I think without releasing the highest earners but replacing them with cheaper wages of players who can still achieve. You then get the crowds. Then the council may chat to you.

Don't think there would bf fruitful talks without these signings.

Don't really think we should be buying it off the council until they've sorted out the bins and the pot-holes myself.

Sort that out and we'll discuss a better price for them!

dongonzalos

Pot holes, don't worry about them. Very simple solution to that. Ignore all your local businesses that would love the contract and employ more local people leading to an increase in council tax payments.

Instead it is cheaper to get people from Edinburgh. Put them up in hotels all expenses paid. Ask them to fill each hole with a substance not resistant to snow.

When the holes reappear resurface the whole road.

Awesome

Grendel

I still think the Council/ACL should just buy the club off SISU and be done with it...

Ah yes, Councillor Mutton-Head as Chairman of CCFC - no thanks.

lordsummerisle

Pot holes, don't worry about them. Very simple solution to that. Ignore all your local businesses that would love the contract and employ more local people leading to an increase in council tax payments.

Instead it is cheaper to get people from Edinburgh. Put them up in hotels all expenses paid. Ask them to fill each hole with a substance not resistant to snow.

When the holes reappear resurface the whole road.

Awesome

Square pegs in round holes? Sounds like a lot of our managers, is Chris Coleman Head of Highways now?

Grendel

Nah Bob Ainsworth would be chairman. Cllr mutton would replace AT and you would finally have your wish of AT gone :)

At least we'd have a smarter and fitter looking manager.

Users who are viewing this thread