Make your mind up time Council (1 Viewer)

bluesky88

So with things looking up on the players in front the underlining fact remains that SISU have still not put any money into the club (ie transfer fees) and obviously have no intention of paying any rent for the Ricoh. SISU have the Council over a barrel.
The ball is firmly in the Council's court and it will be interesting to see what they will do to resolve the situation.:thinking about:

Sick Boy

Great. Yet another highly embarrassing post.

Another moron who wants the council to liquidate the football club no doubt.

coundonskyblue

Great. Yet another highly embarrassing post.

Another moron who wants the council to liquidate the football club no doubt.

Lets just bury our heads in the sand then & hope the problem will go away.

The simple fact is the club has to find £500k in the next few months for the rent.

Brighton Sky Blue

Other thing is-it is not the council who have the right to call the bailiffs-it is ACL who the money will be owed to and any legal action taken would be by them, not CCC. When the escrow runs dry and the next payment is due (September), things will get interesting.

lordsummerisle

Lets just bury our heads in the sand then & hope the problem will go away.

The simple fact is the club has to find £500k in the next few months for the rent.

You're right, could we ask AT to send all the new signings back? The fans don't want them as they might possibly interfere with our ability to overpay the council for rent.

The drawback to this of course is that the fans then won't attend the games, because we haven't signed any new players, and we will be unable to pay the rent.

Confusing isn't it?

Sky Blue Kid

Before anything is done if I were ACL, I would want a contract in writing that our football team is properly done by(Duty of care) for the next 5 years, then, and only then, would I give permission for a rent reduction, and even then I would be wary of selling half shares to SISU.:thinking about:

RichieGunns

Or the council could link up with Hoffman and these (far flung) investors and buy the club from SISU...

Of course that would never happen :/

Sky Blue Kid

A written contract stating a "Duty of care" to CCFC from SISU for the next 5 years minimum is needed before any rent reduction, and definately NO sale of half of the Ricoh to SISU....I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.:thinking about:

thechase

well i havent been impressed by 1 signing yet so sisu certainly havent changed one bit in my eyes , absolute conning cheap scum

Letting blind hatred of SISU cloud your opinion there then? How can you know how good the signings are without seeing them play. You probably complained when they didnt sign players, then probably said they wouldnt sign players and now they have you still complain.

lordsummerisle

well i havent been impressed by 1 signing yet so sisu certainly havent changed one bit in my eyes , absolute conning cheap scum

Then again if Angelina Jolie fell on you naked whilst you were lying on a bed made of money drinking Dom Perignon you'd complain that she'd interrrupted you watching Wallander.

coundonskyblue

I'm giving these players the benefit of the doubt at the moment. We won't really know what their like until the season starts.

If they get us promoted then on this occasion sisu will have done well, but that doesn't really make up for their awful management of the club or the fact they don't pay their bills.

If these players turn out to be flops then criticism can rightly be directed back at sisu.

aodea

I think the signings show an intend by the club to move forward and to try and get Coventry back to the Championship. If we go up hopefully or financial postion will have mproved a bit, maybe with a reduced rent on the stadium. Its a long way back for Coventry. But i am optimistic which is more than i can say this time last year.

sotv1987

I'm giving these players the benefit of the doubt at the moment. We won't really know what their like until the season starts.

If they get us promoted then on this occasion sisu will have done well, but that doesn't really make up for their awful management of the club or the fact they don't pay their bills.

If these players turn out to be flops then criticism can rightly be directed back at sisu.

and AT for getting them in!!!!

SkyBlueScottie

A written contract stating a "Duty of care" to CCFC from SISU for the next 5 years minimum is needed before any rent reduction, and definately NO sale of half of the Ricoh to SISU....I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.:thinking about:

Define duty of care?

Lowering costs, running the club within its means would come under that :whistle:

old westender

GREAT we just start talking about Brazilions Germans French Scottish and Irish players then you come on and change the mood .Is your life just one depressive mood . Cheer up be happy !

Grendel

Yes your right when they said they were buying players this season I was expecting the likes of Van Persie and Rooney to join the fold. I've been hoodwinked.

Grendel

I've got an idea,its a bit of an old fashioned one,why dont they just pay what they owe?

I couldn't care less if they don't pay as long as I watch the games there. You I assume would rather we buy no players rely on more youth and keep ACL happy?

skyblueman

Time for a Reality Check - I think under the circumstances we are doing pretty well in the market - certainly we all need to get behind the team and the manager and give them a bloody chance

Sisu are minimising the ongoing losses by selling players - we may not like it but it's the only sensible and guaranteed option they have - If I were them it's what I'd do - get over it - if they don't it's go bust - there cannot be a good case for them putting huge sums of money in - get over that as well

The only thing we need to watch for is what happens when the window closes and they cannot sell any more and need to replenish the rent account - this is when SISU will have their lowest level of current debt - this is the time IF they were going to walk away they would do it - It's what I would do if I intended to cut and run

IF we get through that time - and it's only going to be a few weeks now - then we'll be OK - well at least we will have a shot at the new season

In the meantime - stop the griping and lets see a bit of unity

BrisbaneBronco

Now I am not a lover of SISU by any means. I hold them 100% responsible for last seasons relegation. However, they do appear to be attempting to make amends. By the time the season starts we could have close to 10 new players, yet people are complaining that they have not spent any money.(Bloody good business IMO).
Whether these new signings will be good enough to mount a promotion challenge, who knows. We have, after all just lost games against mighty Livingstone and Inverness CT.

kg82

Now I am not a lover of SISU by any means. I hold them 100% responsible for last seasons relegation. However, they do appear to be attempting to make amends. By the time the season starts we could have close to 10 new players, yet people are complaining that they have not spent any money.(Bloody good business IMO).
Whether these new signings will be good enough to mount a promotion challenge, who knows. We have, after all just lost games against mighty Livingstone and Inverness CT.

Ross County and ICT, not Livingstone!

Sky Blue Kid

It doesn't matter what SISU do to try and make recompence to fans, it will always be in the back of my mind they only want a grip on the Ricoh, nothing more....Anyone feel the same as me?:thinking about:

Grendel

It doesn't matter what SISU do to try and make recompence to fans, it will always be in the back of my mind they only want a grip on the Ricoh, nothing more....Anyone feel the same as me?:thinking about:

I think anyone with any interest in the club would want the same.

Users who are viewing this thread