Make The Statement : It's the Ricoh Arena or nowhere ... (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

We must stick together on this one.
If home games are not at the Ricoh Arena then don't go.

Channel your support for the team by going to the designated away games only.
SISU need to know what the fans want.

Forget about money lost on tickets this year, it will be nothing to what you will be paying in travelling costs next season.

RoboCCFC90

"I won't stay at home, I won't stay at home, I'll follow the City, I won't stay at home!!"

ajsccfc

I'm sure I read that the whole crux of the FA agreeing to hold games elsewhere is that it's very temporary and there is also willing shown to return to normal operation, so a longer term relocation should be out of the question.

GaryPendrysEyes

US seeing you admit to going to one game every 5 years and your last one was away.. Have you ever been to the Ricoh?

Ps. Can you knock up a nice little pedestal basin unit for me, mixer taps and splash board. Ta

tippex9

I'm going wherever the team go, I support the club not ACL or the Ricoh

Last edited:

usskyblue

US seeing you admit to going to one game every 5 years and your last one was away.. Have you ever been to the Ricoh?

Ps. Can you knock up a nice little pedestal basin unit for me, mixer taps and splash board. Ta

Yes, I've been to the Ricoh.

Do you think that all the fans agree with the thread originator?

And... You can sling your hook until I get my wardrobe.

italiahorse

Yes, I've been to the Ricoh.

Do you think that all the fans agree with the thread originator?

And... You can sling your hook until I get my wardrobe.

I follow the team home and away and it's difficult not to follow them to wherever.
But SISU are gauging reaction from fans to see if they can move the stadium outside the area.
Walsall would be a good test case as any new stadium will be a similar distance south of Coventry and likely to be outside Warwickshire.

A good turn out would be an indication that they have a viable plan.
No one attending would make them reconsider any plans for moving out of Coventry.

valiant15

Italiahorse,youve been one of the biggest arselickers of sisu on here,why should anybody take any notice of what you say??? I do actually agree with what you are saying though,there is no way ill set foot in the pigsty that is st Andrews.

Grendel

Italiahorse,youve been one of the biggest arselickers of sisu on here,why should anybody take any notice of what you say??? I do actually agree with what you are saying though,there is no way ill set foot in the pigsty that is st Andrews.

So nice to see your written prose again valiant.

dongonzalos

We must stick together on this one.
If home games are not at the Ricoh Arena then don't go.

Channel your support for the team by going to the designated away games only.
SISU need to know what the fans want.

Forget about money lost on tickets this year, it will be nothing to what you will be paying in travelling costs next season.

I agree they are discounting the fans completely.

Time to have a voice

Jackoskyblue

I won't be going anywhere other than the ricoh haven't got the time to go anywhere else. I'm not going to play Sisu's stupid game

Seyeclops666

I am in total agreement with the thread originator - I am not going anywhere to watch SISU Rovers !! I hope that it won't come to that but am prepared for years in the wilderness!! And I still haven't given up hope of getting rid of SISU - miracles may happen yet!!

italiahorse

I have agreed with SISU on their goal of increasing there income and reducing their costs at the stadium and still do.
I'm hoping that the lease is now broken and honest negotiations can now start.
I just don't want SISU to think there is another option other than the Ricoh.
I don't see CCFC outside of Coventry and can quite easily walk away if that is the case as I know I will loose my bond to the team.
I can relate to this AFC Coventry proposal if that happens.

SkyBlueHomer

I'm not one of these that will slate anyone who wishes to follow where ever we play our home games but I will not be going to our homes games at Birmingham/Walsall or where ever it is, Ricoh or nowhere.

SISU wont care about the remainder of this season but if enough of us refuse to renew season tickets or buy match tickets they must listen to us.

ohitsaidwalker king power

Italiahorse- I agree with you, on almost every level I agree with you, clinically the analysis suggest you are correct, however 35 years unbroken loyalty pulls me a different way; classic Heart Vs Head.....heart wins.
Unlike a certain manager- I do have sky blue blood- sorry but I wont apologise for it(an oxymoron)- I will be there- SISU will be long gone god willing- its us the fans who remain- lets please not forget that. Let them not divide and conquer us.

Ginny74

I said this on Saturday nobody should go to any home game outside the boundaries of coventry as could give sisu the idea that the fans would follow out of the city. Understand why people would want to go, but long term it could be the death of a coventry football team.

skybluegnome

I said this on Saturday nobody should go to any home game outside the boundaries of coventry as could give sisu the idea that the fans would follow out of the city. Understand why people would want to go, but long term it could be the death of a coventry football team.

Thank God we live in a democracy....and the choice will be our own....

italiahorse

Italiahorse- I agree with you, on almost every level I agree with you, clinically the analysis suggest you are correct, however 35 years unbroken loyalty pulls me a different way; classic Heart Vs Head.....heart wins.
Unlike a certain manager- I do have sky blue blood- sorry but I wont apologise for it(an oxymoron)- I will be there- SISU will be long gone god willing- its us the fans who remain- lets please not forget that. Let them not divide and conquer us.

1967 was my first game. Coventry vs Wolves. 11 years old and hooked. Coventry Boundaries or nothing.

I agree with the principle of not following the team outside of the city for home games, as it won't EVER be a long term solution, BUT it will give SISU a little bit of firepower when it comes to negotiations. I do think they are right to negotiate, but they've gone about everything in totally the wrong way, undermined the club and have proven that they're not fit to run a school fete let alone a professional football club.

The right outcome for the club long term is SISU gone, ACL and new owners building a better relationship hopefully with new owners owning a hefty (if not total) proportion of the RICOH and owning and developing the land around it, in the name of CCFC, thus securing the club's finances. Unfortunately this means short term pain (this season maybe next) but would be the making of the club long term.

SkyBlueHomer

Maybe there is an argument that the minute the club leaves Coventry it is as good as dead anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread