Maidstone Ratings (3 Viewers)

long way home

Tavares is not a wide mid, never will be, you can tell the way he receives the ball in that position. His body shape is all wrong and he boxes himself in which was why he gabe the ball away so much. He is a player that plays on the last man and is very cute with his runs in and around the box.

He needs to put on some upper body muscle this summer and keep listening to his coaches. Because i can see a useful player in him. And he like others you can see he is learning his game while on the pitch. I can see why Robins wants him around, i just hope he can stay fit, get stronger and keep making those runs centrally because that is where he will earn his living. Is it going to be in championship that is up to him.

Last edited:

Jarvo87

Good professional performance, in what might have been a potentially tough night. Similar to the Oxford game, MR respected the competition, picked a strong 11 and had them well set up and on it from the first kick.
Wilson 7
Lati 7
Thomas 7
Bidwell 7
Torp 7.5
Kelly 7
Tavares 5.5
Palmer 7.5
Wright 6.5
Simms 7.5

COH 7.5, Godden 6, JDS 6, Eccles 6, MVE 5.5
Defensively played well, concentration levels good, and confident approach. Midfield dominated opponent in the main and for his first game in 5 months, Kelly did well but generally needs to speed up his decision making and speed of pass if he is to start against WBA. Tavares lightweight and struggles to get into this team under normal circumstances. Seems low on confidence but right place/right time for goals so does seem to play on instinct rather than structure.
Perfect game for Palmer, and they couldn’t handle him. Wright did ok I thought, good chance early on and tracked back well. Simms took his chances well and simply they didn’t know how to handle him. Improving all the time for me. Of the subs, honourable mention for COH who I thought brought energy and a good attitude, the others not the same impact.
Simms MOM, closely followed by KP and VT.

Boicey

Simms came out with a great attitude and did brilliantly. He an Palmer did them.
Wright did the reverse and that’s a bit worrying. Was he carrying a knock? Did he want to play central to score more? Is he just that kinda low key guy?
Kelly deserves some praise and needs to play. A steadying influence who knows his job.

skyblueelephant76

Simms came out with a great attitude and did brilliantly. He an Palmer did them.
Wright did the reverse and that’s a bit worrying. Was he carrying a knock? Did he want to play central to score more? Is he just that kinda low key guy?
Kelly deserves some praise and needs to play. A steadying influence who knows his job.
Wright picked up a knock and was clearly struggling. Robins said that was why he came off.

SBbucks

That was later. He was never on it.

He picked up the knock after about 15-20 minutes and was clearly not completely comfortable after that. No surprise he didn’t come back on, but also clearly not bad enough to take him off at the time.

Houdi

Wilson -Not really tested, but another clean sheet.
Lati- Decent performance, passing not always perfect.
Thomas- Solid not really tested too much.
Bidwell-Defensively sound, crossing not the best though.
Torp- looks a quality player, shows a great awareness. Takes good set pieces, and always looks a goal threat.
Kelly- lived up to his song, and never gave the ball away, was involved in 4 of the goals. A lot of people seem to think he is old and past it, but for a first game in months, he showed great energy, and was always an available outlet. Maybe not a regular anymore, but he surely deserves more minutes. Experience is something we lack.
Palmer had an excellent first half, hopefully he can continue that form in the run in, to soften the blow of losing Sakamota.
Simms great to see him bag a hattrick. His form, desire and work rate have improved visibly in the new year.
Wright did ok, hopefully him and Simms can keep up their improved goal record from now on.
Tavares took his goals well, but the jury remains out whether he can really do it at this level, although to be fair to him, after coming back from a bad injury, he hasn't had much extended game time to show if he can make it.
O'Hare always busy as usual, not everything came off for him, but when he is on the ball, you always think he can make something happen.
Godden got 2 assists in the short time he was on, but you can't really see him replacing Simms now.
Fingers crossed now for a couple of shocks, and hopefully a winnable game in the last 8. To even reach the semi final will be a great achievement and give our fans yet another trip to Wembley. We had to wait over 100 years for our first trip to that fabled stadium, and we are now in touching distance, of our 4th trip in just a few years. The young generation don't know how lucky they are.

JSL

Tavares, Wright and DaSilva (when he came on) were the weakest amongst everyone on our side. 5/6 each for those.

Everyone else a 7, except Torp and Palmer who I give 8's. Simms a 9. The guy is transformed.

I am hoping two goals for Tavares will boost his confidence given he is likely to play in place of Tats for the rest of the season.

slowpoke

We had to do a professional job, game was put to bed in 12 minutes and totally secured in 35good substituting at half-time yet we have the “experts” coming on telling us Taveres is basically useless, not fit for purpose, that idiot Boicey hoping and wishing a big club away so we get a trouncing, sick prick.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Obviously Simms MOTM, but i thought Kelly had a terrific game bossing the middle of the park.
The problem is that playing such weak opposition does flatter to deceive.
Palmer looked great, but he usually does against weaker teams (Oxford, etc) - i think this may mean we know what his level is, and it possibly ain't Championship.
Tavares was poor on the right wing but did well late on.
O'Hare was definitely not on it, don't know why.
Why did Thomas and Kitching keep passing the ball to them? And the full-backs let FAR too many crosses get over. The back 4 do not give me a warm fuzzy feeling.
Their keeper showed how to command a box, but his shot-stopping let in the rebounds.

Eccles and MvE did nothing.

Nice reception for da Silva, i thought.

I don't know how Ipswich lost to this lot. Did they field their U21s??

skybluecam

We had to do a professional job, game was put to bed in 12 minutes and totally secured in 35good substituting at half-time yet we have the “experts” coming on telling us Taveres is basically useless, not fit for purpose, that idiot Boicey hoping and wishing a big club away so we get a trouncing, sick prick.
Tavares is basically useless. He got pocketed by a part time left back.

shmmeee

Tavares is basically useless. He got pocketed by a part time left back.

To be fair to him, he very clearly wants yo be running on balls down the middle rather than taking on a full back out wide, but I was shocked how little impact he made TBH.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Wilson - 6 nowt to do
Bidwell - 6
Lati - 6.5
Thomas - 7
Kitching - 7
Kelly - 6.5 Tidy enough for this game but too slow for the Championship. Got caught in possession a couple of times.
Torp - 7.5
Palmer - 7.5
Tavares - 7 was poor on the wing but much more comfortable when played as a striker. His off-season training has to be red meat and weights at the gym
Wright - 6. Quiet
Simms - 9. Dominant and clinical

O'Hare - 6.5 Below his usual high standards
MvE - 6.
Eccles - 6.5
Godden - 6.5 Involved in both Tavares goal
Dasilva - 6

blunted

Good professional performance, in what might have been a potentially tough night. Similar to the Oxford game, MR respected the competition, picked a strong 11 and had them well set up and on it from the first kick.
Wilson 7
Lati 7
Thomas 7
Bidwell 7
Torp 7.5
Kelly 7
Tavares 5.5
Palmer 7.5
Wright 6.5
Simms 7.5

COH 7.5, Godden 6, JDS 6, Eccles 6, MVE 5.5
Defensively played well, concentration levels good, and confident approach. Midfield dominated opponent in the main and for his first game in 5 months, Kelly did well but generally needs to speed up his decision making and speed of pass if he is to start against WBA. Tavares lightweight and struggles to get into this team under normal circumstances. Seems low on confidence but right place/right time for goals so does seem to play on instinct rather than structure.
Perfect game for Palmer, and they couldn’t handle him. Wright did ok I thought, good chance early on and tracked back well. Simms took his chances well and simply they didn’t know how to handle him. Improving all the time for me. Of the subs, honourable mention for COH who I thought brought energy and a good attitude, the others not the same impact.
Simms MOM, closely followed by KP and VT.
Spot on. Feel Tavares looked poor then scored two goals. Palmer looks great against lesser opposition but needs to bring it on against the better championship teams. Kelly looked good but hard to judge until he meets better opponents. Felt for Maidstone as not only were they outclassed, they really did not have the fitness levels to complete.

stevefloyd

Ohare appeared to be being a big time charlie and trying to do too much because of lower skill opposition...it never came off

Users who are viewing this thread