magpies eye skyblues ace bigi (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

an 18 year old under contract and wanted by a prem club

any other club would be holding out fro a sizeable amount here

Sub

for those that can not see the link

Sky Sports understands Newcastle are lining up a move for highly-rated Coventry City midfielder Gael Bigirimana.
The 18-year-old enjoyed an impressive first season in the Coventry first-team this term, making 28 appearances in all competitions for the Sky Blues.
spacer.gif

The all-action midfield dynamo broke into the Coventry side at the start of the campaign and he was rewarded for his progress by being named the Championship's Apprentice of the Year.
Bigirimana's performances have seen him likened to Michael Essien
spacer.gif
in his style of play and his showings have not gone unnoticed by other clubs.
Newcastle
spacer.gif
are believed to have watched Bigirimana on several occasions and they are now weighing up a move to bring the player to St James' Park.
Magpies boss Alan Pardew is keen to bolster his squad as he prepares his side for the rigours of playing in Europe next season and he sees Bigirimana as an exciting talent for the future.
Coventry are facing a fight to keep hold of Bigirimana following their relegation from the Championship and they would find it hard to resist a sizeable offer for the midfielder.

Johnrambo

I would stay, he wont get any playing time up there, ofc there is a bigger contract to him.

But still he will be much better off staying here atleast one more year..

highly rated? not so sure, one good game and we were talking of him being the future, another case of only being involved in the first team because we had nobody else

Bigi is a massive Cov fan and he is not driven by Money. I find it hard to believe that he will agree terms with any club if CCFC attempt to sell him. He is also most likely one of the lowest wages on the squad at less than £4k per month.

Sub

highly rated? not so sure, one good game and we were talking of him being the future, another case of only being involved in the first team because we had nobody else

he is the future because we havnt signed or will not be signing anybody :facepalm::facepalm:

ccfcway

Obviously its not going to happen, but i'd be more than happy to lose Bigi if it meant that we could offer Keogh more, and keep McPake

dongonzalos

If it is true, then it will be an interesting one. SISU say the plan is sell release experienced players. Keep the youth they are the future the foundations of the club.

Bigi has gone through a massive learning curve, now is the chance to reap the benefits football wise not money wise. Let's see how the future of the football team is valued.

The minimum I would expect if he us sold is that we hold into him for a season long loan.

Also I think it would be a bad move for him, he was not quite ready for the championship last season. He would waste his career going there and not getting a sniff.

Sub

If it is true, then it will be an interesting one. SISU say the plan is sell release experienced players. Keep the youth they are the future the foundations of the club.

Bigi has gone through a massive learning curve, now is the chance to reap the benefits football wise not money wise. Let's see how the future of the football team is valued.

The minimum I would expect if he us sold is that we hold into him for a season long loan.

Also I think it would be a bad move for him, he was not quite ready for the championship last season. He would waste his career going there and not getting a sniff.

they tried selling thomas to liverpool they will sell everything and anyone they can for a quick buck !!!!

Marty

Hes not ready to be a first teamer anywhere. It would probably be a good move for him to be around better coaches and better footballers, but hes not going to be a first team player.

ccfcdan

If Newcastle bid above 700k then I think he'd be gone. As for Bigi not being motivated by money, maybe that is the case. I'm not motivated by money either but if someone offered me 4 times my salary and the chance to play with/against some of the best players in the world I'd be off like a shot!

If Newcastle bid above 700k then I think he'd be gone. As for Bigi not being motivated by money, maybe that is the case. I'm not motivated by money either but if someone offered me 4 times my salary and the chance to play with/against some of the best players in the world I'd be off like a shot!

Bigi doesn't know what to do with his money now as he is an old school christian, living by the book. He does not drive, drink or flounder his cash. He has different values to us dan. Plus he won't get to train or play with some top quality players as he would be joining the development squad and not the first team. It would be a bad move for him and for us.

Having said all that, it didn't stop Westwood from leaving to become 3rd choice at a bigger club.

Oz Howie

Bigi should get hold of Keiren Westwood's phone number and have a talk to him about moving to 'greener pastures' and more money.

dazzled2u

Gael doesn't want to leave City he has made that very clear and knowing the lad this isn't a throw away statement. He is settled and he's still learning his trade, he will develop much quicker from playing regular first team football than watching from the sidelines. I have little doubt that he will be a prem player but not quite yet.

But if SISU want cash they will sell, shortsighted small return at the expense of the clubs future!

Walking Bird

Massive error for Bigi to go there as hes nowhere near ready for that level of competition. Whether its his choice or not remains to be seen.

aodea

To say he would make a huge error if he left is neither here nor there. If Coventry accept a bid for him he will be under immense pressure to sign for the club making the bid. In this case Newcastle. If newcastle offered 500k and a year loan to Coventry SISU would sell and then Bigi would be under immense pressure not to sign. This is also a huge opportunity for him. These chances may not come along often in a players life. newcastle are a massive club. If he turned them down and had 2 or 3 bad seasons his stock may not be as high and he may never get the chance again.

If this is a crediable story and a bid comes in he will leave. He may be pushed and have a heavy heart but he will leave.

Mcloven

Heard from a good friend of bigi's that he is off to Burnley for £800k. Seeing they wanted him on loan, strong enough for me

Sky

i, like alot of others on here know Gael quite well. Basically the situation is he wants to stay but if any kind of bid comes in for him he can't do anything about it and he will most likely be sold. He's a smart kid and knows if he goes to a team like Newcastle at the moment it might ruin him

lordsummerisle

Bigi doesn't know what to do with his money now as he is an old school christian, living by the book. He does not drive, drink or flounder his cash. He has different values to us dan. Plus he won't get to train or play with some top quality players as he would be joining the development squad and not the first team. It would be a bad move for him and for us.

Having said all that, it didn't stop Westwood from leaving to become 3rd choice at a bigger club.

Doesn't drive?

What is he, Amish?

Maybe he could get his mates together and put up a new stadium in an afternoon if the Ricoh talks don't go well.

ccfctommy

He actually took his theory test the same day as I did, the morning after the Cardiff game at home. Dunno if he passed through.

Paxman II

I would have thought Bigi and our other 'youth' players who made a terrific impact last season are the very foundations which we will strive to hold onto and it will be the opportunity for these players to showcase themselves in league 1 to good effect bringing perhaps immediate success for us and more profiling headlines for themselves.
If SISU start to offload these players who have been nurtured into the first team with good effect then they will be acting with great negligence.
Short term cash will not help this football club with what is required....an immediate return to the championship.
The only way I see this happening is if the bid is enormous somewhere in the 1.5m mark at least and replacements can be sourced.
I was looking forward to the likes of Bigi, Clarke, etc in the team this season who are far better than most of the dross in this league already.

SkyBlueJohnso

if he goes i certainly dont think it will be his choice or money motivated. if it was for a mid table championship side who maybe will push for promotion i'd say good luck to him he might stand a chance, but a top 6 Prem side? he'll be lucky to get anywhere near the bench at best

Users who are viewing this thread