Madine wants to stay (1 Viewer)

ecky

He wants to stay at Cov. Pressley wants him, but will Sisu buy him...?

Is he the right guy? I am yet to be convinced

Alan Dugdales Moustache

What has Madine actually done ?

chiefdave

Madine himself has said he's not good on his own up front. SP wants to play one upfront therefore irrespective of how good Madine may be he is not the right player for us.

junglej13

You need this type of player in this league. Madine is not far off the best target man in the League. Our midfield is the problem. If we could get some proper wingers and midfielder who goes beyond the strikers we'd be a half decent team.

ccfc1234

He really isn't very good.

Agree Nouble up top with a pacey forward would be better than Madine. IF and when we get promoted he would be miles off the pace. Also the lad has baggage and I dont want that to blow up at CCFC.

Gazolba

He's the best we can hope to get. Let's not reject another fine player who will undoubtedly succeed elsewhere. He needs support up front for God's sake.

Gazolba

. IF and when we get promoted he would be miles off the pace.

Do you REALLY think anyone in our current team will still be here "if and when we get promoted"? More likely it will be the children of the current players.

Kingokings204

Madine was bloody awful today and I know he is isolated but he didn't even look interested today and I'm not joking. When you don't look interested it is no surprise he missed the pen and that really annoys me. I knew he would miss before he took it. He was crap and has been crap.

Stay well away.

Hobo

Madine is useless and lazy, ask the Wednesday fans. Not the answer for us.

junglej13

Madine is comfortably good enough. It must be so frustrating for all the strikers who have played this season. Have we honestly played well once??? We dont create anything like enough chances and generally the strikers have fed off scraps. Our midfield is dreadful and I desperately hope we can do something to rectify that this week.

CovLis86

Not on today's performance. But then yet again can see if he wasnt sstuck alone upfront he could be doing a lot bbetter

ccfcway

there was a stat on a forum earlier today that said we didn't cross one ball from open play into the area today?

If true, I can well believe that's not the 1st time in the past few months..

If that's the case, no wonder he doesn't look dangerous.

Sterling Archer

I think he holds up the ball superbly and would be a decent acquisition at this level.

Those who ask "what does he do?" I'd be intrigued to know if they go to games or are merely judging him on his goals to games ratio. Although saying that, he wasn't that good today.

Seems we were spoilt with Clarke and Wilson and now expect all our strikers to be 20 goal a season men. Tougher to find than people think.

mrtrench

I wouldn't read too much into what footballers say. They always trot out vague positive sound bites, just like we must always say how wonderful our time has been when we leave a job.

mrtrench

Because you don't agree or because I haven't explained well? What I mean is that whenever I leave a job for a new one, I always say that I've had a great time, wonderful team, sad to leave etc. even if I have hated it - to say anything else would be unpleasant and add no value.

ccfcway

Seems we were spoilt with Clarke and Wilson and now expect all our strikers to be 20 goal a season men. Tougher to find than people think.

EDIT - Callum Wilson was one of only 2 "20 goals in a season" CCFC strikers since 1977 (the other was Dion Dublin in 1997)

Hardly "spoilt". There are times in the past 10 years when our top scorer hasnt even reached double figures

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

I merely meant within this glorious League One era ccfcway. McGoldrick would've got 20 if he stayed in the first season and Leon Clarke would've got 20 if he had been here all season.

My point being, we seem to expect a 20 goal a season striker in this league, I don't think they're as easy to find as the simplicity of that statement.

Last edited:

ccfcway

I see your point, but i dont expect a 20 goal a season striker. I'd be happy with 2 strikers who get near or topple double figures, supported by midfielders chipping in with a few and defenders scoring one of two from set pieces.

Our top scorer (on 5 goals) as we approach Feb is between a striker we have send back and a defender who is injured 1/2 of the time

Sterling Archer

As would I but today was a fine example of our strikers (or striker) not really getting any service. Our style of play is very different from the sides scoring for fun with Baker, Moussa, Wilson and Clarke (and that's not to take anything away from those players).

I'd like to see us give Madine some actual service then judge him.

Im not saying he's the next messiah and the jury is definitely still out on him for me, just offering an alternative view on "he's shit".

ccfcway

I think he could be very useful for us in this league with some service and some help up front.

The Gentleman

I merely meant within this glorious League One era ccfcway. McGoldrick would've got 20 if he stayed in the first season and Leon Clarke would've got 20 if he had been here all season.

My point being, we seem to expect a 20 goal a season striker in this league, I don't think they're as easy to find as the simplicity of that statement.

Eoin Doyle and Andy Williams look set to break 20 goals this season in L1 with another 4 players on 12/13 so may do. Last season 4 players in the league broke 20 goals in a season so not as hard as you might think. Would just take a good manager/scout to find them because they are out there.

mrtrench

The issue is it's not easy to obtain a good team without spending the money. We got lucky with Wilson - but couldn't afford to keep him.

Users who are viewing this thread