Madine gone (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Well, I liked him.

Covstar

Not such a big miss. Scored a couple and looked good a few games but never consistent. Play Nouble down the middle and new guy down the left of the front three. Tudgay or Jackson to fill the other spot. We desperately need a new midfielder to feed these strikers though.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
"The Sky Blues have already confirmed the loan deal of Dominic Samuel and are hopeful of completing a move for Bolton winger Sanmi Odelusi."

That's just an anagram of the first guy isn't it?!

Sky Blue Kid

Madine was played on his own, it needed someone feeding off him. Swindon, at the Ricoh showed he visibly was fighting a losing battle, yet SP continued the "Lone Striker role" absolutely pathetic.

Woodster

I think Madine is a good striker at this level, however when he came in we changed our style of play to something that quite clearly didn't suit us one bit. I'd say during that period our best performance was against Walsall, where Madine didn't play!

It's a shame that we couldn't have played someone up there with him and put more emphasis on putting some decent balls in, but I'd rather he went back to Wednesday and we change our style of play than he stays and we carry on as we are.

SkyBlueScottie

Nouble tudgay Jackson will do a job as a front three
Hope so, cos as of yet they have not delivered. As for Madine, the jury is out for me. Didn't seem that much different from the time he was here while in the championship. The ball didn't stick to him, he didn't link play very well and made it well known he didn't like playing up front on his own.

Gazolba

Not such a big miss. Scored a couple and looked good a few games but never consistent. Play Nouble down the middle and new guy down the left of the front three. Tudgay or Jackson to fill the other spot. We desperately need a new midfielder to feed these strikers though.

He scored more than a couple, he was one of our leading scorers (not saying much I know). He's being replaced by a short-term loanee who is completely unproven. Madine said he wanted to stay, which seems to be the kiss of death with SP. He will score goals elsewhere.

Gazolba

Nouble tudgay Jackson will do a job as a front three

You're forgetting that Tudgay was universally panned by everyone on this site and others before he came back and played one good game. Jackson has hardly set us alight, how many has he scored? Madine was a solid striker who gave 100% every game but he had no support and was not utilized properly by SP.

Last edited:

Astute

Who cares? By the look of things he isn't fit to tie the laces of the two new lads.

Playoffs here we come :D

Users who are viewing this thread