Maddy McCann documentary (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Due on Netflix. Will be interesting

Captain Dart

It was Jacko wot done it?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

What kind of parents leave their kids locked up in a room on holiday while they go off on their own? I've never understood that . My Mrs thinks they administered some kind of sleeping tablets and it went wrong .

stupot07

What kind of parents leave their kids locked up in a room on holiday while they go off on their own? I've never understood that . My Mrs thinks they administered some kind of sleeping tablets and it went wrong .
I wholly agree.

And my Mrs has the same theory.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Ian1779

I wholly agree.

And my Mrs has the same theory.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I actually think that the Mum injected some kind of sedative, being knowledgeable as a GP. That’s when it went wrong.

I think it is disgusting that they have gotten away with this sheer level of neglect.

Captain Dart

And why are the Met still getting money to investigate?

The girl is long dead, if she was alive she would be nearly 16 yrs old!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
My problem with this is trying to understand that if she was dead, why has no body ever been found, even after extensive searches?

Houchens Head

"I'm dead". An anagram of "Maddie". Just sayin', like.

Nick

Administrator
Watching it now, can't really keep much attention to it. Its nothing like making a murderer and things like that.

Astute

And why are the Met still getting money to investigate?

The girl is long dead, if she was alive she would be nearly 16 yrs old!
Because they didn't come from a council estate. The were typical middle class earners. If they were from a council estate they would have ended up in prison and had hatred thrown at them. But because of who they are they are fully protected.

Houchens Head

I watched this until about half way through, then I started to lose the will to live. Boring!

Nick

Administrator
Yeah I keep finding other things to do. Just put some washing on rather than watch it

skybluetony176

Exactly a year after she went missing I was on holiday in Spain (we were there for my daughters first birthday and Maddy went missing three days after my daughter was born) and at about 2 in the morning there was a huge commotion in the hotel lobby which our room was situated by. I put some clothes on with the intention of telling people to shut the F up as I have a sleeping baby only to find out that the commotion was that a three year old was missing. So I went back to my room to tell the wife what was happening and that I was going to help search the hotel (a big first choice family hotel with a water park). Anyway I’m happy to say that the child was found drawing pictures in the kids club but the parents were moaning and arguing with the staff that it was their fault because they had put the child to bed, locked the hotel door and gone to the bar. Apparently it was the hotels fault because they had the audacity to have locks on the door that means that even if the door has been locked from the outside it can still be opened from the inside to enable a quick exit in the event of an emergency. The dad was getting angrier and angrier at which point myself and a couple of others intervened because it looked like it was coming to fisticuffs. He then turned to me and said don’t you think it’s stupid. My reply was that as today is the first year anniversary of Maddy McCanns diserperance the only stupid thing I see is you and your wife’s actions. At which point he turned on me, at which point I turned around and went to bed. He tried to apologise the next day but I blanked him.

shmmeee

I don't know how anybody could just go out and leave their kids, especially in a different country.

If you want to do that there’s hotels that offer it. The Bedruthan Steps in Cornwall has a listening service where someone listens in to your room and pages you if they hear anything so you can go to the bar while the kids are asleep

Even using that I felt like a shitty parent.

Nick

Administrator
If you want to do that there’s hotels that offer it. The Bedruthan Steps in Cornwall has a listening service where someone listens in to your room and pages you if they hear anything so you can go to the bar while the kids are asleep

Even using that I felt like a shitty parent.
Even so I wouldn't be comfortable. Whole idea of the holiday is to have the kids there and involved.

Might be a nonce listening in the room.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

They left the back door unlocked didn't they? If that was the case then they're bloody idiots. The apartment was accessible from the street.

I've only watched the first episode but it feels a bit too Americanised.

Can't work out if they are up to their necks in it or completely innocent. A lot of their behaviour and their accounts of timings including how frequently they checked on the kids seem a bit off.

All the other people in the restaurant including their friends should know one or two things but the police were so inept that I don't think they even investigated it all properly.

Frustrating to watch actually. Of course a million times worse for the family if they are genuinely innocent.

Astute

Frustrating to watch actually. Of course a million times worse for the family if they are genuinely innocent.
Whatever happened they are not genuinely innocent. Whatever happened you don't leave young children unattended. You make a decision in life when you decide to have children. Everything in life changes once you take a baby home and the sleepless nights start. As the children get older you have to suffer the different stages.

The wife and I have only been away twice together without children in the last 20 years or more. Both times just for a weekend. And we have older children that could look after the younger ones. But when we decided to have more we decided that they should have the same upbringing as the older ones.

We are going out tonight together. A rare occasion as we normally go out separately. We even have separate holidays if in term time. This year I am going to Mexico, Poland and Bulgaria without the family. If we went as a family we would spend the whole time together. And that is what we will do on our family holidays. And yes all meals out will be as a family.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I’m just on the 4th episode, the 2 dogs (1 sniffs out blood (even after numerous washes etc and can pin point the exact spot) and the ‘death’ dog threw up some very interesting findings.

rob9872

Watched them all now. Offers quite a balanced view overall as most other stuff depending on who penned it is either 100% the parents did it or 100% they didn't.

I guess on balance I'm less inclined to believe they were culpable other than the obvious neglect of leaving them continuously. Hopefully lessons learned for others particularly in another country, but suspect it won't. Amazing how many policing errors along the way in the investigation too.

Spoiler alert: they didn't find her at the end, she's still missing ...

Ian1779

They left the back door unlocked didn't they? If that was the case then they're bloody idiots. The apartment was accessible from the street.

I've only watched the first episode but it feels a bit too Americanised.

Can't work out if they are up to their necks in it or completely innocent. A lot of their behaviour and their accounts of timings including how frequently they checked on the kids seem a bit off.

All the other people in the restaurant including their friends should know one or two things but the police were so inept that I don't think they even investigated it all properly.

For me they will never be innocent. They made a conscious choice to leave 3 children unattended in an apartment, whilst they dined elsewhere. They were negligent and put all 3 lives at risk.

ccfc92

Finished watching them last night, I found it an interesting watch in general, a few myths dispelled.

Firstly, I think what angers me the most about the McCanns is they have never held their hands up and said "we fucked up" by leaving the kids alone. I would have more respect for them if so and I think would erase suspicion from them being involved with her disappearance. Ultimately, a bunch of arrogant middle class people chose to go for meals and drinks rather than looking after their children, which is negligence.

I think the dogs dispelled some reports, I don't think the DNA/Death Smell was Maddie in the end, but that's my opinion.

I feel sorry for the Murat and Sergey characters, I believe they had nothing to do with it. The way that Sergey was intimidated (i.e his car) is an outrage.

Which leads me onto the Millionaire Kennedy and his son. This was the strangest part of the whole thing IMO. Clearly he's a successful businessman and he's willing to throw money at a search that his Son treated like some kind of Ride Along or Training Day. The private investigator joked about the way they went after people and it seemed all a big joke to the Son. Very odd.

Houchens Head

To anyone who has watched the Madeliene McCann series. Well done you have now spent more time watching her than her parents did.

Users who are viewing this thread